“Fun for kids, perfect for kids who likes Lego” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legoland Malaysia Resort

Legoland Malaysia Resort
Ranked #2 of 107 Hotels in Johor Bahru
“Fun for kids, perfect for kids who likes Lego”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

It has lots of lego i the lobby for kids to play with during check in time, after dinner etc.
However it is more like a serviced apartment, no one to bring the bags up tp the room, big line for breakfast, service is very average but that is not a big issue as kids had fun in the little trip there.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ericahk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is really designated for kids. Big enough to provide free space for 2 adults + 2 kids. The hotel is well connected with Legoland Park and Legoland Water park, less than a few minutes walk. Unbelievably, a shopping mall is closed to this hotel, which offers you more choices on foods (certainly, with cheaper budget). My kids love the kid zone in the hotel, which provide lot of lego, both small and huge sizes, to build. They also love to play the XBox as well. Don't expect that the food is much delicious for buffet dinner, and you have to expect line up a long queue for morning breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank GaryL0505
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The whole experience of stay is good. I have the following comments. (1) The treasure game - i stayed two nights, I should have one more game in the second night. If no, I will separate my booking next time into two. (2) Slippers are on request. (3) The retail shop at lobby is too small. During my stay, the weather is not good so I can only stay in hotel but I want to buy clothes. (4) Try to pay attention to the maintenance matter. Too popular of the hotel may stimuli the needs of maintenance. (5) I was told that no free wifi in the theme park.

2 Thank huikevin
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This motel has some of the happiest and helpful staff I have ever seen. All issues were fixed immediately from a non working light to a flat battery in our hire car. The rooms and public areas are all spotlessly clean. My kids had a ball from the reception to our rooms every thing was fun. The meals were a bit average and expensive but the restaurant was clean and fun and staff were very friendly. Overall very good quality and a great time. One of the only motels we found that could sleep 5 in one room.

Room Tip: Pirates or castles
4 Thank Damien S
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the Legoland hotel for 1 night with my two boys (aged 4 and 2), and my wife in July. We stay in Singapore and it was a 1 hour bus ride to the hotel. Let me begin with the positives first.

1. It is a new hotel and hence the rooms are nice and other facilities within the hotel are good. It is a great hotel for kids, it has themed rooms and there is a big lego play area near the reception. It keeps the kids busy while you are checking in.

2. The hotel is very close or literally attached to the park and it is very convenient to go to the park.

3. The staff is courteous and always smiling. This is where all the positives end.

Here are aspects that the hotel could improve.

1. When we got off the bus, we were told that our bags would be taken care of (just as any other hotel). I was expecting that the baggage tags would be handed over to me, while I am at the reception and then having breakfast at the restaurant. I waited for a while and then went near the entrance and saw my bag just lying there at the entrance, it had not been carried in!. I had to carry it myself and get a baggage tag.

2. The check in time is 4pm and we had reached the hotel at 11am. We were hungry and wanted to eat at the restaurant. The restaurant was closed and we were asked to wait for 1 hour before it opened again.

3. In the evening we went down to the restaurant (Bricks cafe) for dinner. We were told that it was an international buffet. We were charged RM 300 per head for the buffet. We would have been more than ok if the buffet was truly international. But it was mainly local food (Malay and Chinese). There was some pasta and I believe they considered it to be international!! It was VERY disappointing. The food was also not arranged in any particular order. It was a large restaurant and one had to walk from one end to another just to get a glass of juice or water. The service at the restaurant was extremely slow. They would not take away the dishes even when we would ask them to clear the table. They would ask each other to clear the table. I would consider the food to be below par. It was a terrible experience we had in the restaurant.

4. The next day in the morning my younger son had diarrhea (not linked to the restaurant food). We asked the restaurant if they could serve breakfast for my wife in our room, as she and my younger son could not go down to the restaurant. But we were told that it was not possible and we would have to pay separately if we wanted breakfast served in the room. We had already paid for the break fast as part of the package and my wife was not asking for an elaborate breakfast. We were only asking for toast and tea. I had to go down to the restaurant and speak to the manager before they finally agreed to send the breakfast for my wife.

5. We had to check out by 1pm, which we did. But we also wanted to go back to the park as our bus to Singapore was to leave only by 6pm. We kept our luggage at the baggage area and we were given a tag. When we arrived at 5.45pm to collect our luggage, they could not find it. The bus driver was telling us that he might have to leave without us if we cannot find the baggage. The hotel staff was very cool about it and were taking their own sweet time to look for my luggage. It was only when I approached the manager and lost my cool is when they seriously started looking for my luggage. They finally managed to find my bags just a few minutes after six and we managed to catch the bus.

The park itself is very good and meant for kids aged 4 to 8 yrs. Ideally you should stay at the hotel at least for 1 night if you want to enjoy all the rides and the water park. Also there is a Hello Kitty and Thomas play area about 15 minutes from the hotel. It is worth a visit. Both my kids had a great time. It takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to enjoy all the rides at Thomas play area.

If you want to go to Legoland, currently there is no other option other than staying at Legoland hotel. Hopefully the upcoming hotels close by will force Legoland to improve their service. They have a good hotel, they just need to improve their service!

Hope this review helps!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank Sambasing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Staying in a hotel next to a theme park is usually because of its proximity to the park, however, the hotel itself is an attraction to the kids and entertaining for those young at heart.

The Lego layout and the Lego building pools at the lobby and at the kid's playing area are attractive to the kids. We have had difficulty digging them out. They can spend hours there. They danced a lot when playing the xbox dancing game at the kid's playing area just outside the family brick restaurant. It's fun watching 4 kids dancing together in a line.

The disco themed lift was another fun spot for them... Danced a lot inside. We chose a kingdom themed premier room, sleeps 5 max... were not disappointed though it was a bit on the small side. The locked chest with 3 sets of complimentary Lego toys ("Chima" this time), the separate TV, the bunk bed, the Lego themed carpet, the decors, & the Lego soap bar... All made the kids crazy. The only problem is the lower deck of the bunk bed. It's way too low for taller kids and they inevitably bumped their heads against the bed. So don't expect that the bunk bed can sleep 3 tall kids...2 kids at most with one sleeping on the top deck & the other on the pull out bed.

Buffet breakfast was included but the crowd was crazy at around 9:00am-9:30 am. U'll have to wait for more than 20 mins to be seated. Waiters/waitresses were slow in motion and therefore the tables were not tidied up promptly to seat another family. Moreover, U have to wait forever for the cutlery, so u'll see many using the plastic ones for kids placed at the buffet counter instead. It's certainly not good for the environment. Everyone was eager to go to the park after breakfast & this inefficient restaurant had wasted much of our valuable time. Go as early as possible to avoid the long wait.

Kudos to the Housekeeping, response to requests was fast & the room was clean.

Free wifi was available with password but the connection was so bad thst u just fail to go online anyway.

Check out was a breeze by just dropping the key cards in the express check out Dropbox when u have prepaid for your room.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Adrianmama
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, especially if you vacation with young children. It is located next to Legoland Park and Waterpark. The lobby is full of decoration with legos and it has a place for children to play with the legos. Very interesting hotel for Lego lovers. The deluxe theme room that we stayed, is nicely decorated with many ornaments. Children will be thrilled when they entered the room. The room is good for family of 4/5, since it has a queen bed and bunk bed. Breakfast is excellent with a lot of varieties. Overall it is a perfect family vacation hotel in Johor.

• Stayed June 2014