“A Bit Dissapointed”

Oasis
Ranked #157 of 872 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Oasis aptly named because of its unabashed views of the garden and swimming pool, which can be enjoyed while dining. This fashionable diner breaks new ground with innovative Japanese and Italian fusion cuisine. Diners can watch the chefs compose their signature creations, in the open kitchen. Enjoy the Live Strollers performance from 8:00pm onwards.
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“A Bit Dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Make a reservation based on the stellar review by the members of TA. Phone booking is smooth and professionally arranged by Emily. Since I want to celebrate my 40th birthday, I really hope that everything will went well. Once arrived I realized that we already dine here a few years ago (when they were Hyatt). Booked the romantic dinner and placed next to the pool. One of the problem in Johor Bahru is finding a really special dining location for special events (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) which is Halal and I can say that Oasis is not for that purpose. I've been dining with my wife on her every birthdays and our every anniversaries but we've been experiencing a better dining options than Oasis. Here are the few reasons:

1) The service is really slow (considering I'm a slow eater and we were there midweek). The waiters is really friendly but they really need to add more staffs;
2) The food is not as good as been publized by other reviewers. We had the special 5 course meal and only the appetizer and main course can be considered good. The chowder is OK, but the dessert is really dissapointing.
3) Finally, the price is simply too expensive for the overall experience that we had (services, food, atmosphere, etc).

Compared to our previous experience when they were Hyatt, I prefer the previous one. Better services, food and atmosphere. I'm reviewing this restaurant from the point of view of a couple looking for a special dining place for a special occassions and there a few which done a better job. Try Miao (M-Suites), Chez-Papa, Skybar (Traders), and Chakra. We went to Skybar 6 days earlier to celebrate my birthday and they provide a totally better experience compared to Oasis.

I hate to become the 1st one who give you a poor review, but sorry guys, no more Oasis for me.

9 Thank andai

Singapore, null, Singapore
“Yummylicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

1st visit here & its worth the trip despite the jam frm SG to JB even on weekday nites. Excellent food wif friendly & efficient staffs. Thumbs up too for their effort to give a mini b'day surprise for my Monsieur. Definitely will hv a return! Glad he enjoyed the b'day dinner treat :)

3 Thank Lyana S
Rawang, Malaysia
“Have you ever tried the Oasis's - Samurai Platter?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

If you are wondering what is Samurai Platter, I would suggest you to head down to Thistle Johor Bahru to get the taste of simply delicious and lips smacking finger food snacks. Want more than just the Samurai Platter? There are also several appetite pleasing food such as Pizzas and Pastas... plus with good choice of fresh juices, beers and wines. Oasis serves Japanese and Italian fusion cuisines. Opens from 5pm - 11pm daily. Efficient and friendly staff. Very attentive to your needs. Never fails to noticed you when you are in need of a service. Excellent!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Zakiah R
Calgary, Canada
“Have the Samurai Platter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Anything with fish is excellent... if you like the sushi style, recommend the Samurai Platter... only 16MR more than the other options, and five times the food!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank David H
Malaysia
“Unbelievably wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had visited Oasis twice. Our first was on 12 April 2014.

Located next to the pool with lots of greens, the setting reminded us that we were there to relax and enjoy our dinner and indeed we did!

My husband and I ordered the Samurai’s platter, pasta and salmon pizza. The platter was filled with sashimi; the salmon and tuna were very fresh, sushi was well made with very firm rice and the tempura is crispy. I think we had pasta boscalola, the cream sauce has a good flavour and blended nicely with the spaghetti. The crust of the pizza was thin and crunchy and very generous toppings, we can taste the salmon and the cheese just melts in pleasantly with the salmon!

Shah and Osveen were professional in attending to us and truly enriched our dining experience.

My parents and sister visited us from Malacca and KL for the weekend and we decided to celebrate Mother’s Day earlier this year. Osveen has kindly helped me made a reservation ahead for five adults on 3 May 2014 and I also placed order for the wagyu beef steak. We then ordered the Samurai’s platter, ravioli, grilled squid and pizza.

My father loved the warm bread served with pesto dipping oil and humus. Shah kindly served an additional set for all of us. The Samurai’s platter arrived and my mother was delighted with the creative garnishes. The filling in the ravioli tastes perfectly well with the sauce. The star of the meal is of course the wagyu beef steak. We requested for it to be grilled to medium rare and the flavour is so rich and intense on the first bite! The pizza was topped with cheese, mushrooms, turkey ham and other spices which made it very fragrant.

A must-try if you love cheesecake and tiramisu! Thank you to the chefs and staffs of Oasis for letting us have an unforgettable dinner.

• Visited May 2014