“Horrible Hotel”
Review of JA Residence Hotel

JA Residence Hotel
Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I have go thru the review of tripadvisor so I know its not an ideal accommodation, but the hotel was booked by agent.
I was checked in at 10pm, when enter to the room is stinky, AC unable function probably, the bed sheet full with stains, and even the red color water mark.. so u will know that the house keeping nvr change the bed sheet at all.
Same to the bathroom, terrible cleanliness, no towel, shampoo, shower soap. They give us a connecting room but the door lock was spoiled.
I straight forward ask for check out and move another hotel at Mount Austin.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank ChongSY

Reviewed 6 May 2013

OMG..! This is the worst hotel I ever stayed with my family in JB, listed as 2 star hotel but the facilities are horrible.. the rooms are extremely in bad condition, carpets are old and stinks. When I complaint to the reception, they said there is nothing they can do about it, and not even trying to change my room, and the worst washroom ever! Imagine..it is worse than a public toilet! I will not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel unless u are willing to experience the horrible stay and having nightmare about it all.. Don't get cheated by the outer look of the hotel, definitely will not return to this hotel ever! Lousy..Hotel

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SoffeaMay
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Probably the worst hotel that i have ever stayed in JB. Not worth your penny though it has such a fantastic location. They are in need of an extreme makeover. Pity as the hotel actually is rather tall and view from the high floor is magnificent. I shall not even comment on the breakfast as we checked out first thing in the morning the next day.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ShahandImran
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

It's an old hotel. The lobby and restaurant very small but the breakfast is quite okay. The room size is big but they need to renovate and repair everything. The bathroom also big but very dirty and look old. One thing I like about our room is the view.The window is big. The reason that we stayed here because our tour agency didn't give any other choices.

The best part staying in this hotel is it's very near to JB City Square and Bazar JB and also the Woodlands exit to Singapore. It's also easy for you to find food around here and there's lot money exchanger next to the hotel. Every place is only in walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank VeeYHM
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Arrived here at 2200 hrs. The car park is in the building but have to steered my car through a narrow opening to the lift which then lifted up the car to the parking floor. N ot suitable for suvs. Entered the room..pheww..it stinks.. airconditioning not working..have to wait for one hour to get it fixed.
Unpleasant odour emerged once the aircond switched on. Bathrooms dirty..shower corner filthy, with hairs stucked at the drainage. TV?? 16" CRT type and the remote control was not working! Requested then to park my car in front of the hotel and the receptionist asked me to remove the cones by myself!!
I wont consider this hotel again.. Initially planned for two nights stay but checked out next morning. Terrible...

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Stayed in the Junior Suite for one night. The moment we entered the hotel, there was a sick stench. The lift had a carpet that we almost tripped over when we entered. The corridors on the 13th floor where we stayed were dirty with litter in every corner.

The bathroom of the suite reeked of urine. There was only 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper. The door of the shower was hung precariously. There was no shampoo or shower gel, just a thin piece of soap. No toothbrushes, no bottled water. There were stains on the bedsheets and pillows. The television remote was not working - I could hear a piece of something running up and down inside when I moved it. The floor of the room had dirt. The towels were thin and grey. When I called the reception, they spoke to me in Malay over and over even though I said I did not understand. Nobody answered the phone at housekeeping.

In a nutshell, it stinks. Literally too.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank berikar
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Stay in a family room. Room was very run down and musty smell in the room and toilet. Made coffee in the room, after 2 hours, small cockroach was in the coffee. The bathroom has no shower gel & shampoo provided, towels were dirty with stains, no slippers provide even when I called Hskp, the staff told me that they don't provide slippers.. Breakfast was not so good, worth to forgo. Damage parquet floor in the room. Only plus points is near eateries and City Square.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family