Hotel Seri Malaysia Johor Bahru
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$89
US$67
US$80
US$75
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$22
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
US$97
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$29
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$36
US$25
US$22
Priceline
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$48
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very basic room but equalvalent to 2-3 star grade. We took the family suite/room spacious and suitable for big family sleep and stop over.

There is not shop/restorant near the hotel so which means you need to drive or walk up ( about 1km or more) back to the bus terminal(larkin) to grap some food or tits-bits.

Very poor WiFi in the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Loving_Mum_9
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you intend to Stay in Johore Baru & go to Singapore by bus, then this hotel would be suitable as Larkin Bus Terminal is walking distance. Stay is comfortable & breakfast palatable. Suitable for a short stay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

My family had agood time in this
Hotel. Rooms are clean and large.we booked one family room it has everything, spacious
Comfortable and very quite place to relax. Buffet breakfast has good variety. Hotel is closer to larkin terminal and eateries

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Ive stay in this hotel on 3-5th June 2013. Room was ok. Breakfast should improve a lil bit. Service from the hotel from the reception site was very very very very BAD! The girl who is wearing tudung working in the morning shift dont know how to great the guest,dont know how to smile,no courtesy,ask for trolly (bird cage) she gave us trolly (not bird cage,trolly for flower pot) but jst put in the lobby jst like that! What service is she providing to us?????? On the 2nd day, we decide to extend the stay & ask for another key. And with rude face + not smiling she answer 'belum lagi'. Really bad service!!! I would not recommend this hotel to my friend if they wanna come to JB.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Aina S
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We drove down to JB for a weekend getaway in both JB and Spore. On the way to JB, I made a call to the hotel to check the room availability. The phone kept ringing and it was only picked up by the reception after 3rd attempt.

Upon arriving, there were 2 staff at reception (1 male, 1 female). No smile or welcoming remarks from them. I requested for family room to accommodate 3 adults, and was told the room is not available. Instead, only standard room with extra bed is available, which I agreed. When we went to the room, it was indeed a family room...???? I then asked the reception why they said family room not available, none of them could give me an answer and just shrugged it off.

I called the housekeeping to request for some items. As expected, nobody picked up the phone. I tried to call the reception, and again it was not picked up even after 3 calls. I then walked to the reception, and asked the 2 reception staff why the phone was not picked up. They were just looking at each other as if annoyed with my question and then asked me what did I want. No explanation, no apology, whatsoever!!!

I asked for 2 extra pillows, was told that the 2nd pillow will be charged, which is fair enough considering the rooms was almost fully booked. I asked for extra sugar and was told that RM2 will be charged for extra set of coffee/tea/sugar/cream. Why??? this is not a budget hotel, at least they can provide extra items for the coffee or at least enough for 3 pax in the room (they only provide 2 packets each for coffee/tea/cream/sugar).

The air circulation in the room is bad. I had bad sinus attack during my stay due to to dust and the poor ventilation. Food is just average. The spread was better on the 1st day (Sunday) compared to the 2nd day (Monday), which i believe due to very low volume of guests on the weekdays. They didnt even provide fruits on the weekdays for breakfast.

Our room is near to the back entrance, which is a plus point as it is only few steps away from where we parked our car. Check-out process was quick, and again the same non-courteous staff was serving me. No goodbye or thank you or farewell to the guests.....
I believe common courtesy is not required from any of their front desk staff in this hotel.

However, the housekeeping lady was quite helpful and friendly. Sadly, i didnt manage to get her name. I've stayed in few Seri Malaysia hotels before. But this hotel is just one of the worst.
Other plus point - it is located within walking distance to the central bus terminal, and Plaza Larkin is just next to the hotel, where you can get some authentic Johorean dishes at the Food Court.

Room Tip: 1) If you have knee/leg problem, ask for rooms in Ground Floor, because there is no lift/escalator in the hotel. 2) There are few access to the hotel (front, back, left & right), and parking areas are available surrounding the hotel building. If you're driving, ask for hotels near to any of these entrances for easy access to your room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family