“Worst place to hold any event”

Austin Hills Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Par-72 36-hole golf course established in 1995, following the design by Peter Dalkeith Scott. Its two courses, Hill Course and Austin Course, lie on different planes. Water hazards are well featured, especially on the Austin Course, where the par-3 17th is the signature hole, with an island green. Other facilities include a hotel and swimming pool.
JB
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Worst place to hold any event”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We organized a company event there and it was horrendous. bad bad service, staffs were very unhelpful. We even had to arrange our own table settings since they claim they are "busy arranging a wedding event". For muslims, certainly not a good place since they don't have a proper prayer room. Rooms are certainly big if you plan to play hockey in the room, but very badly maintained. I am not going back there for any reason at all.

Visited November 2012
9 Thank StarryNite_travel

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“service attitude is bad !”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My friends and I were staying there for one night celebrate birthday party.

When we check out , they say our room is too messy and wanted to charge us rm100.
I required to look the treaty to make sure we not cheated by them.

But they said they couldn't let us see the treaty,and tell us if we don't want to pay the fine, WE HAVE TO CLEAN THE ROOM OURSELF.

We felt that we cheated by them and WE CAN'T FEEL ANY RIGHT . All we want is just look at the treaty to make sure it is worth and right to pay the fine ,.

I don't know what's the problem to let us understand the treaty. ARE THE CUSTOMER DON'T EVEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO SEE THE TREATY BEFPRE WE PAY THE FINE ?

In the conversation , the stew in the counter has been rude with us .

I think this can be solve easily . I wish that this company would improve their service.
being friendly but not forcing us.

Visited August 2013
8 Thank tovi_yang
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Big and spacious rooms. Everything else is HORRIBLE.”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I'm here to give an updated review of Austin Hills Resort and to also rant my anger arise over my stay there. Upon reaching the gate of Austin Hills, I was impressed by its serenity and beauty and I thought my stay there would be as good as it seemed to be. The room was unbelievably spacious. It has 2 king-sized bed and could easily fit in another king-sized bed. Everything was big and spacious there, but i think the space could have been utilised better. While waiting to check in, I explored the resort and checked out the amenities offered and found the following: pool was BIG, but the water seemed stagnant (other than the 80+ people in my tour group, there weren't really anyone else), the water slide was dry and seemed really fragile because some parts were broken. The steam room was unavailable. Gym was DISAPPOINTING with no weights and ONLY ONE TREADMILL, a gym ball, and its equipments looked really old that I didn't dare to use. ONLY jacuzzi and sauna was available. There is a bowling area at the basement. And that was all that is available in AH.

The golf course was not well maintained when i was there. Lawn was not mowed. Plants along the road leading to AH were wilting.

Food was oily. Fried rice was served everyday during the course of my 4D3N stay there. They tried to vary it by adding pineapple (pineapple FRIED RICE) or adding salted fish (salted fish FRIED RICE). Food choices were limited.

It is also ridiculous that only 2 pax/ room can enjoy all amenities for free. Any additional pax from that room will need to be charged for usage of amenities. (not as if the amenities were fantastic)

Worst of all, during my 3rd night there, there were only HOT WATER available in the resort. Many could not shower with that kind of hot water. It was only resolved the next morning for a few hours before there were no water at all. Toilets bowls were choked everywhere and left everyone really mad. It was resolved completely before we checked out the following day.

Now I know why there were hardly any business there. With poor maintenance and service, you see the reason why. Please do not be deceived by its seemingly grand and spacious room. Everything else there sucks.

Visited June 2012
21 Thank Carol C
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Big rooms”
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

The rooms here are the best things around as the rooms are really really huge. Can easily fit 6 person in a room. And if you have a member card, you can get the rooms for very cheap price. The food is so so only and the rest of the facilities are all charge if you wna use them. Again, members gets discounts compared to non members

5 Thank colourstreak
Singapore, null, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“very poor!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I went there with a group of friends the only thing that satisfied me was the spacious room, with two king sized bed.
However, when we went to the swimming pool, we were told that only 2 person r allowed to swim for each room!! the 3rd person has to pay Rm15.90!
It is very ridiculous because our room with two king sized room has at least 4 person.but they insist each room only free 2 person for every activity.
the next day we went to the washroom near the reception and ask for hair dryer, they didnt allow too! we kept begging the staff n she asked us to fill a form. so we filled it up and used the hair dryer. There're only few customers and the wifi is very poor. We had to stand outside the door to connect.
The place was beautiful though. but the service and management r so poor.

Visited February 2012