“Cleanliness issue”

Ranked #24 of 110 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Cleanliness issue”
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

Im okay with the other thing but the bathroom cleanliness is so poor. Sink is cracked, shower faucet isnt working. Basic toiletteries wasnt provided completely. But the double deluxe room was spacious but seasoned. Im surprised to find out the hotel waa recently undergone renovation. But food was okay and staff were friendly.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I was put up in this hotel for two nights and after a long, long journey it was just what was needed. Friendly staff with really good English, more than happy to help out with getting taxis, reservations and directions. The rooms are spacious with okay air conditioning, possibly a bit run down in places and could benefit from a good scub in others! However the bed was comfy and the shower powerful. The onsite restaraunts were tasty, if not quite as interesting (or as good value) as the street food in Johor itself, and the buffet breakfast had a mix of Western and Asian food and was generally very tasty. The service in the restaurant left a bit to be desired however, I had to try hard to catch waiters' eye, and actually go and find them. For me the main downside of this hotel was its location and the lack of things to do within walking distance, particularly go out for a pint!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed a night at this hotel, I checked out today.

My uncles had chosen this hotel to celebrate his birthday, why, I m yet to know.
My uncle had our keys ready so we could attend the dinner right away.
I went up to my room which was a junior suite. I liked the spacious interior but soon I realized, it was just space. Cheap worn out furniture in a big place space. The beds were too soft and sinking in for a good night's sleep. Yes, a good view but the windows cannot be opened.
Lighting was poor. The toliet was another big space but NOTHING inside. I mean it, ZERO amenities. Oh wait, I think one tiny hand soap. Toliet, toliet paper only and a good ten steps to the bathtub which had a faulty heater! Even the shower head was spoilt! I switched on the airconditioning, it broke apart like cover and all dropped on the floor.

The hotel Chinese restaurant was empty. Why we needed a private dining area was amusing. food was average. The location was most inconvenient located on a slope. Staff here were okay. I would say they were hospitable and polite through mistakes.

I awoke this morning to look for my uncle,I went down to the reception and asked where the breakfast area was. This is where my experience of appalling service started. There was a lady in a bun and a another girl who seemed new.
I told my uncle to get her name but I tot I should write a review to help others before emailing the GM. I will do so once I get her name from my uncle.

Her response was " breakfast is over ". And I was like I did not ask if it was over or not , I merely asked where the breakfast area was? I did not tell her this. I only repeated my question, after which I was rudely directed in hand gesture with no smile at any point. She seemed like a person who hated a job n was forced to work. I returned and asked her if she had seen any big group Havin breakfast, her response was almost immediate, "No."

Beware this hotel has no security! The lifts do not require key cards and when I asked for a room key, which one of the 9r suites my uncle booked, I was given a key immediately. No name was verified. She had no idea who I was and cut me a key. I could go up and steal anything from any room!

Later, I approached the reception for a taxi booking to city square. Unfortunately, the same staff at the counter. Let me tell you this, staff in this hotel, NEVER SMILE , NEVER GREET YOU and DEFINATELY do not address you by your name. They do not even verify. anything.

I asked her to help my mom n me book a taxi, she asked me where I was going and that 's it. I waited at the reception desk and all she told me was go take a seat to wait. Somehow, it did not seem like a kind gesture. It made us feel shooed away. I wasn't advised on how long it would take for the taxi to arrive. I asked her how long it would take to city square approximately, she was like" I don't know how long the taxi driver works take". What the hell!!! What kinda answer is the that?? I am merely a foreigneronly needing to know how far it was! I asked a girl beside her and she said 4 Kms. Goodness I just wanted to how long it would take to reach the mall. The taxi took forever.

I returned to ask. Her response was curt. " on the Way ". And I was like how long? She repeated " on the Way. 10-15 minutes. I was like oh my god. Is least waited 10 minutes. How long does or take for ataxi to arrive? Half an hour!? I asked her if it would easier to walk out the road to hail a taxi ,( knowing it was a main road and taxis would not stop ),
and she said " ya you walk out " and Called on the new girl to to cancel the booking. Obviously, she was not the the least concerned for her guests. I told her not to , I was pissed off at this point.

We left in a taxi that was about to break down any moment and rounded off the fare coz he had no coins! Omg! NEVER RETURNING!

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank SwaT01
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The garden/timber/water feature of the old hotel is gone! In its place is a boring characterless foyer. Rooms are equally boring and characterless. It is just another hotel although not bad. The good thing left is its location of being near the waterfront and being out of the city, away from the maddening crowd.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pinnate
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 January 2012

we check in very late after work about 12 or 1am we was very hungry wanted order food from room service cause too tired to go out, the room service only until 11pm. OMG Room Service meaning we should be able to order food any time isn't it? and we so hungry we went to room and another shocking news no toiletries available in room and we was given a handicap room so the room was very spaciuos i like it very much although is not very new looking room. the next morning breakfast there was no egg counter but if you want you can order Ala carte. and the food mostly local food like mee goreng, nasi lemak, nasi goreng you can go to mamak shop to eat don't have to be hotel. very minimum choice of international items, oh ya when we went the hotel was under renovation so maybe that is why is like that i don't know.

Room Tip: check in early
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My fourth, and perhaps last personal visit to M Suites confirmed that overall service, especially the staffs' friendliness, will remain a major asset of this hotel. Employees here appear to have a good sense of belonging to their workplace, and never fail to make me feel 'at home' throughout my stays. During my first two visits, this hotel was with the Balinese concept, which I treasured most....the lobby ambience then, was so serene and beautiful that I actually managed a chapter of my writing without having to be in the comforts of my room. M Suites was under extensive renovations during my 3rd visit, and during my most recent visit the Balinese concept was no longer existent. Most reviews here have given accurate and fair description of the rooms in terms of value and comfort, and there really is nothing more to add in terms of the positives. Most of my stays here were for writing retreats, as such, I didn't encounter any significant negatives to highlight. But it is with a heavy heart that this will have to be my last visit here, as they have taken away the feature I treasured most (Balinese concept) about M Suite. My decision not to return is based purely on sentiment, but my favourable review of M Suite is based on rationale, collectively over the 4 visits...and M Suites JB deserves it ;-)

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank DendangPerantau
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I booked a 3-bedroom suite on the website as i'm traveling with 10 of my other friends. I make the booking 2 weeks in advance.

The official check in time is 3pm but my friends and I were shopping around so we wanted to check in late, around 7pm+, i received a call from the hotel say there that's some problems with the room that i booked and ask if they change into 3 separate rooms for us. Initially i was quite disappointed as I already make the reservation earlier and why I booked the room is so that my friends and I can like be in the same common area.

Upon check up, we asked what's the problem with the room we book, the staff say the room was not completed. I felt cheated because if the room was not available, they should not have put it up for reservations.

We wanted them to provide us with other apartments but it was fully booked. The staff then offered us 1 junior suite and 2 studio suites with more hotel breakfast and discount on the 3 rooms they offered.

The 3 rooms are spacious, the junior suite was nicely decorated and have high and comfortable bed. there are 1 long-bath and standing shower in the toilet, i love the junior suite. the studio suite are more normal compared to the junior suite.

overall the rooms are not bad, there are swimming pool with slide which kids will enjoy. the staff and friendly too just that they shouldn't have put what up what is not available.

Room Tip: junior suite recommended
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends