“Positive experience”
Review of M Suites Hotel

M Suites Hotel
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We went there for going to the LEGO Land. The check in was smooth and we were lead to our suite. We were taken by surprise as the room was Supereb. It was newly renovated, high roof around 3.5 mtrs king size bed with a inner view. The bath and toilet was good too. But it had a foul odour which i corrected using my deo. In the evening I went to the pool and it was Fantabulous. Really nice slide foe the adults and kids.. Wow just enjoyed. But ofcourse you got to walk a lot to get to the pool as the property is big. The complimentary breakfast was a standard spread and SUPEREB. All the nasi, mee, bread and the scramble. I should say that we enjoyed the mee and the char k t. It was great. We really ate well so we did'nt feel much hungry in the lego land. And they are quite generous and keep refilling till 10:30am. The hotel is in renovation mode. Over all I got a 3 star expereince. Pls stay only in the premier suites as the old ones have a musty odour and its only slightly cheaper. The hotel has packages for legoland, Hello kitty, universal studios. Its better to take the offer as it works out much less expensive and they provide transport. Over all a good expereince. Happy holidays..

Room Tip: Stay only in premier suites
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Between all the hotels that I have stayed before, M Suites has the biggest rooms. The size of the rooms makes me feel at home and the décor is beautiful. I like the breakfast spread. The food is delicious but I hope there would be more local delicacies served.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed here. 3 reasons why we picked hotel: we were going to lego land and hello kitty town. Travelling from KL to singapore. Second reason was our budget, very cheap hotel and thirdly was the photos on internet of swimming pool area. We knew kids would love it. At the end the latter did not disapoint. Kids loved it. The hotel itself is old and tired in badly need of renovation. Its located right next to the freeway nothing around it to walk to or see. The second highlight is the Maio italian restaurant next to the pool. My recommendations to the chef, his pasta and pizza was comparable to our italian restaurants in australia. We had dinner twice there. All in all, i wouldnt recommend hotel to any friend or family.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

From the outside the hotel loks very ok. When I wait for room. I used lobby bathroom. Its very stink, seem they dont clean it recently. When we enter the roombits also smells so weird, dont know what smells it is, maybe the old furniture. Its a family hotel but pls dont bring your kid there, cause everything looks dirty. Its what you get dor paying that amount for hotel in JB

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The photos shown on their website and Agoda are misleading, the room I got is nothing like the photos! I booked a 2 bedroom suite, the room was large enough with 2 bedrooms with en-suite and a kitchenette and living room in the middle, however there was no kitchen equipment/ plates/ utensils provided. The room itself was very dirty and dusty, the bathroom is very old and tired, the sink is clogged. The sofa is dirty and stained. The bedsheets and towels are greying and smell a bit musty. The cupboards are dirty, broken and don't close properly.

When I asked the front reception if we could change the room as it was not what I expected based on the photos provided on their website and Agoda, the rude receptionist told me I could change if I would top up 300 ringgit! I felt it was a bit of a rip-off and very rude! When I asked for an alternative room that may be cleaner, he said the whole hotel is fully booked up. But I looked around and the hotel lobby was deserted!!

Breakfast was very disappointing. The food option is very limited and don't taste nice. We went down at 8.45am and most of the food was finishing and they don't bother to top them up. The queue for the eggs was about 15 people long, took us half hour to get an omelette.

The only good thing about this hotel was the newly renovated swimming pool with the slides, which the kids enjoyed.

All in all, I would not recommend this hotel. Very badly run hotel!!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

The exterior and reviews looked good but when we moved into the 3 bedroom apartment (by the way no difference between premium and normal apartment just that the faulty electrical switches and water faucets are repaired in premium) we were in for a shock....electrical connections were not working even short circuited, water faucet not working, fungus in the sealing of the bathroom (our apartment no was 229), its website said Free WiFi but that was only in lobby with speeds as low as dial up in 1990's. Service useless...cleaning useless. There was a constant foul smell like any general Indian street toilet which was unbearable. We complained several times but in vain.
If you want to go to the swimming pool its a way from remotest parts of hotel that if i ask my 7 year old to find their way they will get lost. No kids area or kids room and they call themselves a family hotel. Will only recommend this to my enemies to take revenge on them.
Avoid this useless and pathetic property.

Room Tip: do they have a good room...i doubt.
1  Thank Rahul_Mundra
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I was in Johor Bahru for the long weekend with the kids. Was looking for a place with a 2 bedroom as kids do not want to be on their own in a room. My friend, who was working in booking.com came up with this recommendation. Despite it being abit far out from the city, this hotel was pleasant. Service was not the best as by evening, due to high occupancy, their room service ran out of everything very early. However, rooms were nice and clean. I had requested for a dvd player and they had delivered which was great. I would recommend anyone who has family this hotel.