Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MZ Hotel(Skudai)
  • Room Service
Bzz Hotel(Skudai)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice resortswimming pooldining tablef bbreakfast spreadcintaretreatutmjpoconferenceparticipantsjbjohorthumbstiming
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2011

The pictures of this facility do not accurately reflect what you find when you arrive. It probably was once a lovely facility, but it has not been taken care of. Motel 6 furnishings. The spa rooms were not clean, old cracked tables, thready towels. The internet fees are high are $20 for 24 hours - did not expect this in Malaysia, massage prices were overpriced for the service and surroundings. The restaurants on site were excellent. I am on business and have stayed at several hotels in Malaysia and this is one that was a big disappointment. Will never stay again and would definitely not recommend it for business travelers.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Patcookk
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2015

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 26 May 2011

I organized an internal conference for our company and we were quite happy with the rooms and the conference areas. They were able to meet all our needs. Food was good, although not much variety. The rooms were big and spacious, apartment types. Bed was a little on the stiff side. Bathroom didn't have a tub, and i'm not sure if any of their rooms have tubs. Some construction going on at the time and i could hear drilling during the day, but we were out most of the day at the conference, so the noise wasn't that big a deal. Golf course was quite big and the rest of the facilities of this hotel were up to par. Overall, very good for a relaxing business trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guests’ expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests as well as providing our guests with only the best services.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

Of the many golf-&-hotel-&-resort places in Johor, this was one I had not visited. So when an associate booked it for a planning meeting, I was looking forward to it.

The drive up was normal--there was a jam on the Malaysian side of immigration (it was a long weekend and the newspapers were reporting a jam but the relevant department apparently had not) and there was the usual shakedown on the highway by the black-and-whites.

So arrival was delayed an hour.

Check-in was reasonably smooth although I cannot understand why information had to be keyed in "live" when the booking had been done earlier. It was full house so the thing to do would surely be to prepare for the guests' arrival ahead of time.

I had a one-bedroom suite. The barfridge had been removed, along with the door. In its place, next to the two-seater sofa in the living room was a 4-foot fridge. Empty. The TV was only in the living room.

The hotel is used a lot by Singapore groups. This meant budget. So in the bathroom, there were only 2 towels and one mat. No hand towels. No face towels. Only shampoo and bath gel. No conditioner.

I called for slippers (absent at check-in) and tooth-brush (sorry, sir, we are out). When I turned up at reception later, I managed to get the tooth-brushes. So it seems to me the hotel has, in a way, been spoiled by the very market it had captured.

Next morning at breakfast, we had to stand in queue for almost 20 mins. I had never seen such a big crowd at breakfast in a hotel. Yup, there were at least 2 other groups of busload strength meeting. (Mine had just 10 of us sharing 6 rooms).

I highly recommend dinner at the Chinese restaurant. It's not cheap but the food is excellent. People hold their wedding dinners there.

A colleague's spouse went to the pool and returned. Too noisy. Kids were screaming all the time.

At checkout, the floor of the lobby was wet from the drippings of those who had gone swimming.

A friend who had hoped to stay longer--he looked at the photos, foolish man--cancelled his extra night. But I don't think the hotel was bothered. We asked for extra time to checkout but got only a half hour extra, 12.30 instead of 12 pm.

My friend who checked out last said that they had asked him out our cardkeys. Sigh. We had returned all of them.

I am writing this within 6 hours of checking out. They could still be waiting for the cardkeys.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Panguin

Reviewed 4 April 2011

Everything about this place makes it a good spot for a break from Sinagpore. Its looking a little tired yes, but the kids love it. Its good value and when you have been a few times you might be able to find it without going via the South Pole, but then they unravel it every time, with the same incompetent, couldn't care less, I hate my job and will share that feeling with you, "Reception Staff".

When will Hotel Managers figure out your front desk staff make or break the stay, and they are the only reason I wont be back.

Room Tip: Bypass Reception,
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 March 2011

I read some online comments and expect the facility to be a bit old. To my surprise, it is well maintained and price is very good.

The service is good, every employee smile to guest. Housekeeping is well done.
The room is very big. (my booking is a suite for four pax, have a big living room, and two bedrooms)

The location is a bit far way from downtown, but we have a car so this is not an issue at all.
The nearest two shopping malls are 3.7KM and 7KM away. The hotel reception desk has maps for nearby places of interest.

It also has a beautiful Golf court.
Like many Malaysia hotel, here has not free WIFI, so better to buy a celecom wireless card before you enter hotel.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.