“Nice Family Time”

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice Family Time”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Nice and quiet hotel with ample space room.

I travelled with my family for a three days relaxing weekend. Was greeted with friendly staff who helped us with our needs.

I know the hotel was undergoing renovation as I've seen there were few comments about the accommodation. I was disappointed when the staff told me that they haven't completed the room renovation yet as I requested for a refurbished room in my booking. However, I was told that we were upgraded to 3- bedroom instead of the 2- bedroom I booked. That kinda give me a consolation. However, I noticed first hand that the room really need a fresh coat of paint and some work on the fittings. Also, the air conditioning needs replacement as all were sounding like a worn out generator.

Over- all we had a relaxing weekend. Staff are friendly and will definitely come back again. In fact, we cannot get enough of Legoland that we have booked another room on 29-30th November.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Iceman0911
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guests’ expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests as well as providing our guests with only the best services.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Pulai Springs Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed there last week for 2 nights, because we wanted to go to LEGOLAND. They upgraded us to a 3-bedroom apartment, which is really big, but needs to be upgraded. It has seen better times, but then consider what you are paying. We got a really good deal online incl. breakfast buffet We had no problems with ants, just our bedside lamps needed replacing, because the wires were blank. The staff is very helpful and friendly, we got quickly what we asked for The golf course seems huge, the pool areas are nice and new. Just be aware, that it is still quite a drive by taxi to LEGOLAND, about 45 min to an hour, depending on the traffic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sabine_Doro
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your Legoland trip and for taking some time off to review us on Tripadvisor.

It is really pleasing to know that you liked or 3-bedroom suite. However, I do understand that the rooms need to be upgraded. Therefore, I am happy to share with you that we are currently in the midst of a refurbishment programme for our guest rooms and the project is scheduled to be completed by end of January next year.

On another note, I am happy to know that our staffs were quick in responding to your requests. I will surely disseminate the information to them, especially the Housekeeping department.

As for the journey to Legoland, it usually takes 25 to 30 minutes to arrive if you book with our transport department. I would recommend that you book your transportation with us when you stay with us in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

With Best Regards,

Tengku Ahmad Faizal Tengku Mohamed
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Second time we stayed in this area - thye Anugraha boutique hotel in the same grounds is also excellent!

the hotel is quite large and is based in the grounds of the Pulai Springs golf course, so the views and surroundings are fantastic and peaceful.

The hotel was being painted so was covered in scafolding when we were there this time, but this didnt spoil or disrupt our stay. The choice at breakfast was extensive and the quality of the food was very high - just look at my stomach! The hotel and catering staff were very friendly and helpful, which always makes the stay more enjoyable.

Close to legoland and Senai airport, amongst other attractions, makes the location excellent and for us provided an excellent base for exploring other parts of Johor.

all in all, we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin M

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 6 November 2013

we stayed at Pulai Springs last weekend, as we visited legoland and Pulai Springs was recommended on the legoland website. The staff where extremely friendly, professional and hospitable. But the hotel is in urgent need for a complete makeover, the grounds are amazing as is the poor, however the rooms are old and dated. In the morning we found a army of ants... I don't mean a few i mean the entire floor was covered ( and no we never left anything sweet on the floor) it was coming from outside. I called room service they came swiftly but after lunch we returned to the room to find more ants..!!! I did inform the reception and the good thing was that we were checking out that day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hellomissc
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Cape Town
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Was in Singapore to see our grandchlldren and decided to take up a fantastic special offer on line by this Hotel to entice families to the Golf resort when visiting LEGOLAND and Hello Kitty Land. Why we loved it so much, the estate is beautiful, surrounded with a fabulous golf course. (Sorry I did not have my clubs) Good security. Transport was provided to and from LEGOLAND and Hello Kitty land Kids ate free off the kiddies menu, Rate of the room included entrance tickets to both venues as well as breakfast. Breakfast buffet was a good standard with a wide variety, the Gleneagles restaurant was good and kiddies menu is not neglected and quite healthy. The Ong Palace Chinese restaurant was lovely. Highlight for the kids, the pool with the great water shoot. Room was spacious but they are busy improving the overall look with lots of renovations going on, so accommodation is a bit on the old side. Staff are excellent and very friendly and helpful. I would certainly go back when visiting Singapore and needing a trip to LEGOLAND.

Room Tip: Depending on what you book, we were two adults and two kids and had a two bedroomed, two bathroom su...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 October 2013

First stay with Pulai Springs Resort. We book a 2 bedroom suite, it was spacious except furniture abit old and stained. Excellent room service and friendly staff. My kids love the swimming pools. Last but not least, thumbs up for the Chinese Restaurant-great food, great taste with great service!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time off to review us on Tripadvisor.

From your comments, I believe you had quite an enjoyable stay. I am glad to know your kids loved our swimming pools and our staffs at our award-winning Qing Palace Chinese Restaurant rendered great service during your visit. It is also pleasing to know that you enjoyed the food at the restaurant. I will surely pass the message on to our service staff, as well at the chefs.

However, i sincerely apologize for the furniture in the guest rooms which looked old and was partly stained. We are aware of this, therefore, I am happy to inform you that we are in the midst of a refurbishment programme for most of our guest rooms. The entire project is scheduled to be completed by end of this year.

Therefore, I do hope you will visit us again and experience our latest refurbishment.

Yours sincerely,

Tengku Ahmad Faizal
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Overall our stay was quite satisfy it is because the resort is quiet and with green environment. Feel relaxing. I like the swimming pool and the BBQ dinner. Price reasonable and kids eat for freee for the buffet dinner. (Only for hotel guest). A bit dissapointed with the room condition and interior. a bit smelly, floor is dusty and the furniture is very old. Room not many lighting and very dark. My suggestion is to paint the room, change to new curtain, change the bed furniture or do some minor renovation. That will be great. Very near to Legoland.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Grace L
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

It is really pleasing to know that you were satisfied with the Resort because it is quiet, surrounded by lush greens, our reasonable price as well as the Kids Eat Free during the buffet dinner.

However, I would like to apologize that you were quite disappointed with the room condition, especially the interior which did not smell right, the dusty floors and furniture which looked quite old. Please be advised that your comments are taken seriously and the Housekeeping Department is informed on this matter, especially on the dusty floor issue.

With regards to your comments on the furniture and suggestion to paint the room, I am pleased to inform you that we are in the midst of a major refurbishment programme for most of our guest rooms. The project is scheduled to be completed by end of the year.

We hope you could bear with us in the mean time and will return to our resort to experience it again after our refurbishment has completed.

We thank you for the valuable feedback and see you soon.

Kind Regards,