“Unsatisfied & Unhappy”

Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
“Unsatisfied & Unhappy”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Unsatisfied & unhappy with the service and cleanliness.. Even though we stayed for a night, we thought it would be a great & relaxing place for short getaway during the weekend.. Looking at the pictures that were published on the website, it was such a nice & luxurious resort..

We arrived & check-in almost 7pm on 8-Dec-2013 (Sun) & would check-out late, at 6pm on the next day (9-Dec).. Got a room on level 7 with golf course view.. The room had funny smell (which we couldn’t identify) with old furnitures, stained sofa & etc.. Switched ON the air-con & its leaking.. The water dripped non-stop, wet the floor & sofa..

Managed to change to another room on level 4, encountered another problem.. Gosh, the bed had a stench of Urine (pillows, mattress & blanket).. Unable to sleep well whole night due to the overpowering stench..

On the next day coming back from lunch, another problem.. We were unable to enter our room using the key card provided.. Checked with the staff & were told that they “blocked” us from entering the room as they had reserved that room for another guest at 3pm.. Our check-out time supposed to be 6pm With Extra Charge, did the staff check their record ??..

WTH with them, finally they allowed us to enter the room only for a short while to pack our things.. Really Disappointed the way they handled the whole situation :(

Waste of money, time & ruined our holiday by staying at this resort.. Not gonna stay in this resort anymore as this might be our first & last..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anne_Smd
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2015

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Pulai Springs Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We can only sum up a few things about Pulai Springs. The hotel location was in a superb location deep within the golf resort. It was peaceful and quiet. The road getting to the hotel entrance was littered with many potholes and badly needs works.

Our check in was so so. We had reached the hotel at 11+am and I had asked the front office if I could get a room early as I was with an infant kid. He mentioned that checkout only happens after 12pm and check in at 3pm. I gave him my local number and as soon as a room was available to call me. However no calls were made to me and my son badly needed a diaper change and I had no place to do that as the resort was not family friendly in anyway whatsoever.

The next day legoland trip was a breeze and the driver gave us good tips on which activities to take part there. One thing to note here was that there are only 1 pickup time at 0930hrs the hotel and 1 pickup time at legoland at 1830hrs. The hotel does not provide any other means to come back. It will be extremely difficult to bring ur little one there and keep him there the whole day. I developed a migraine due to the heat and lack of shelters at the park.

Returning back to the hotel, I asked if I could be spared some aspirin and am willing to pay for it. However the gift shop does not stock it and no one was willing to help me.

On the scale of 0 to 4 with 1 being very bad and 4 being very good; this is how I will rate the hotel operations:

1. Concierge 4
6. Front Office 1

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank geeesus

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Nice room. Was facing the golf coast and I get to feel the sun rises from the balcony. The room is big and my son like it so much and I guess it must have been the bed. :)

The shower room is clean as well.
There is nothing much to complain about the room.

The only thing I do not like is the swimming pool area. The jacuzzi is dirt. A lotsa dry leaves around and I don not see anybody cleaning it. The swimming pool is okay. Even though the over view of the swimming pool area is AWESOME.. but that area, is a MUST to clean up.

The staff is nice and pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guests’ expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests as well as providing our guests with only the best services.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Room was big, clean, and nice, with nice view of the swimming pool. Needed extra towel and the staff delivered it quickly. Had lunch in their restaurant. The food was not bad but the dessert was really bad. Cooked food during breakfast was also bad, but the pastries and yoghurt was good. Dinner was also good. The resort has few sport facilities and a bar.
Overall, my critic on the place would mostly be the dessert.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us. It is really pleasing to know that you liked our spacious, clean and nice rooms and our staffs who were very quick in responding to your requests.

However, I sincerely apologize on the dessert issue. Please be informed that I have highlighted this issue with our chefs at the restaurants and we are now in the midst of coming up with a list of new items to be added on to our dessert counter. I assure you that you will see improvements in this area on your next visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed there for 5 days. I like the 2 or 3 bedroom apartment arrangements. It allows for your whole party to be together with space for hanging out together in the living room. Unfortunately, the apartment has a small kitchenette with zero facilities other than a wonderful fridge and kettle for making coffee/tea. WiFi in the rooms are generally poor. Signal is only good in certain areas and rooms. But hey, it's free!
The apartments, rooms and general areas of the property are showing its wear and tear from age. So a round of refurbishment is sorely in need. Otherwise it's a good place to rest over for a short weekend.
The breakfast buffet is so-so but we thoroughly enjoyed our meals at the Chinese restaurant. That was good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank WLinC
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking some time off to review us on Tripadvisor.

It is really pleasing to hear that you liked our 2 and 3 bedroom apartment units. However, I do apologize on the poor WiFi signal. This issue has been highlighted to our IT Department and we are in the midst of sourcing for a solution to handle this issue and to ensure that the connection is stable.

I truly understand that the rooms at Cinta Ayu is slowly showing its wear and tear from age, therefore, I am happy to inform you that we are in the midst of a refurbishment programme. The newly refurbishment rooms are scheduled to be completed by early next year. We hope you will come back to stay with us again and experience our new rooms.

On the other hand, I am happy to know that you enjoyed the food at our award winning Qing Palace Chinese Restaurant. I will surely disseminate the information to our chefs at the restaurant.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Nice and quiet hotel with ample space room.

I travelled with my family for a three days relaxing weekend. Was greeted with friendly staff who helped us with our needs.

I know the hotel was undergoing renovation as I've seen there were few comments about the accommodation. I was disappointed when the staff told me that they haven't completed the room renovation yet as I requested for a refurbished room in my booking. However, I was told that we were upgraded to 3- bedroom instead of the 2- bedroom I booked. That kinda give me a consolation. However, I noticed first hand that the room really need a fresh coat of paint and some work on the fittings. Also, the air conditioning needs replacement as all were sounding like a worn out generator.

Over- all we had a relaxing weekend. Staff are friendly and will definitely come back again. In fact, we cannot get enough of Legoland that we have booked another room on 29-30th November.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Iceman0911
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed there last week for 2 nights, because we wanted to go to LEGOLAND. They upgraded us to a 3-bedroom apartment, which is really big, but needs to be upgraded. It has seen better times, but then consider what you are paying. We got a really good deal online incl. breakfast buffet We had no problems with ants, just our bedside lamps needed replacing, because the wires were blank. The staff is very helpful and friendly, we got quickly what we asked for The golf course seems huge, the pool areas are nice and new. Just be aware, that it is still quite a drive by taxi to LEGOLAND, about 45 min to an hour, depending on the traffic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sabine_Doro
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your Legoland trip and for taking some time off to review us on Tripadvisor.

It is really pleasing to know that you liked or 3-bedroom suite. However, I do understand that the rooms need to be upgraded. Therefore, I am happy to share with you that we are currently in the midst of a refurbishment programme for our guest rooms and the project is scheduled to be completed by end of January next year.

On another note, I am happy to know that our staffs were quick in responding to your requests. I will surely disseminate the information to them, especially the Housekeeping department.

As for the journey to Legoland, it usually takes 25 to 30 minutes to arrive if you book with our transport department. I would recommend that you book your transportation with us when you stay with us in the future.