“Not for family vacation!”

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Have a chance to stay during Bioeconomy 2014 for 4D3N. Overall the hotel is not up to standard. Im even send my complaint letter to front desk upon check out.
Check in/out: quite good and fast
Food: need improvement
Housekeeping: very bad. I even found a towel left over under the bed upon check in
Maintenance: need improvement. Main door for room 527 didnt automatically lock.
Safety: excellent
I will never bring my family again in this hotel but for 1 day business trip, will consider to stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor after your 4 Days 3 Night stay with us during the Bioeconomy 2014 event.

From your comments and feedback, I believe you are quite satisfied with the services provided by our reception counter (check in and check out) and the safety and security around the resort.

However, we do take note on your comments made on the food throughout the event. Our Food & Beverage department is fully aware of your feedback and please be assured that we will do all we can to improve in that area.

As for Housekeeping and Maintenace services, please accept my sincere apologies as it was not up to standard. Please also be assured that both departments are also aware of this issue and the main door for room 527 has already been repaired.

I do hope that what you have experienced at the resort will not deter you from supporting us again. We assure that on your next trip, either business or leisure with family or friends, you will see the difference and it will be worth it. I look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Pulai Springs Resort

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel was in a secluded area which was fine for a restful stay away from the crowds, however, my room was not up to standards. 3 of 4 light bulbs were burnt out. 2 towel given for three people staying in the room. No washcloths in the room. Stayed in a one bedroom. Door are opaque glass, so if your children need darkness to sleep, like mine, then it was difficult to do anything once they were in bed.

Purchased a Legoland package, which at first glance seemed like a great deal, but when I arrived at Legoland, I realized that the Waterpark was not included. It was not a combo ticket. Perhaps this was my false assumption, but nowhere on their website did it state that it was excluded. Not so much a negative on their part, but certainly want to be aware of this is you purchase the Legoland package.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Sunny Soo
Director of Operations

Reviewed 13 February 2014

U could realise that it was a great hotel once.but not any more.bad location.nothing around the hotel.can not go anywhere without a taxi.,bad maintainance,non co-operative staff.bad buffet breakfast.good room though.

Room Tip: It was meant to be for the rich.but doesn't provide enough that the rich expects from a hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mahmudrazzaque

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Sunny Soo
Director of Operations

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Like a couple of the other reviewers, I chose to staye at the Pulai Springs Resort over the Chinese New Year weekend because on their webpage the facilities looked wonderful. The price offered for a 2 bedroom unit (for my family of four) was also value for money.

The Room

We stayed at the Cinta Ayu block, and we got a 2 bedroom unit on the 7th floor, which was the top floor. Although some of the other reviewers complained of dirty linen, my wife and i found that the unit was very clean, with crisp white linen, squeky clean kitchen counter and a full size refrigerator that frankly looked brand new. We enjoyed the large spaces in the living area, dining area with a dining table. Each bedroom had its own connecting bathroom and even walk in closets and a study desk.

There's a LCD TV in the living room, and another LCD TV in the master bedroom.

My 2 boys had great sleep times in their room. My only complain was that the aircond in the master bedroom took a long time to cool the room down, and it's probably time to service the unit.

Facilities

There's a pool on the second floor of the Cinta Ayu block, but we decided to enjoy the larger pools at the club house - these were the shallower kids pools with a slide, a rock pool adjacent to the pool bar, and a lap pool that was 2.5 meters deep at the end..The kids and their cousins enjoyed the slides.

The pool bar appeared to have been abandoned some time ago, and I would strongly recommend the maintenance guys at the resort tidy up the place and not leave the loose wiring and rubbish in the emptied bar area even if it was not going to be used - this just leaves a bad impression for the guests.

JACUZZI, SAUNA & GYM

My son and I took a dip in the heated jacuzzi followed by some time in the sauna located in the spa. We also spent an evening in the well equipped gym, although the computerised rowing machine seems like its seen better days. It's still working though.

GAMES ROOM

There a full size snooker table and two pool table in the games room. There was also two table football machines that we enjoyed, and a few old arcade games - an Alien shooter, Time Crisis and another game I've forgotten.

Next to the games rooms were a couple of squash courts and a table tennis, well, table. There was a portable basketball net in the first squash court, and we enjoyed shooting a few baskets. The floorboards in the squash courts were spongy though, and looks like they will need repairing.

I should mention that there's also a library, cineplex and kids room, but we did not have time to use these facilities.

LAWN TENNIS

I brought my tennis racquets with me as on their website they mentioned that they had a tennis court. Unfortunately after finding the court, my son and I were disappointed to find that it's literally just a well kept lawn, next to a mini football field, with no net or tennis lines drawn. It also wasn't fenced up, and the far side of the lawn was just overgrown shrubs, which makes losing balls during the first game a 100% possibility. Oh well, there were still a lot of other thing we could do.

We should also mention that next to the tennis courts were an obstacle course, and paint ball area. Both these facilities look like they need some maintenance.

FOOD

No comments about food as we did not eat in the resort at all. I spend a lot of time in hotels, so I like to just go out and eat somewhere else.

OVERALL

My wife is already talking about booking a room in the the resort again, so maybe I will ask for the same room for my next stay. Despite a few shortcomings in the resort, we enjoyed our stay very much, the staff, from the guards at the front security gate, to the guys and girls in the reception and the housekeeping staff were friendly and very accommodating to us,

BTW, I'm not a golfer, but the resort is located right in the middle of a golf course.

Room Tip: My room on the 7th floor was good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GreyMatter_Singapore
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending some time to give us a positive and kind feedback on your recent stay with us.

It’s pleasing that you remarked the perfect location of our hotel, the facilities like the swimming pools, our spacious and clean rooms and golf courses and that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff during your stay. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees.

I would also like to take this opportunity to share with you that we always strive to do our best in delivering exceptional services to all our guests despite the hotel having full occupancy during your period of stay due to the school holiday period. It has always been our main aim to offer our guests an entirely satisfactory service at the Pulai Springs Resort.

However, at times, we admit that the situation can get quite hectic with heavy check-ins and check-outs especially during peak periods like the Chinese New Year season; therefore, we do realize that we do fall short in providing the services that guests expect from us. Nevertheless, I am extremely glad that we have managed to exceed your expectations during the period of your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you and family here again during your next stays in Johor Bahru.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The drive from Singapore was easy as it is quite near the Tuas check point. The check-in was ok. The swimming pools were fine and our kids had fun. However the rooms were in bad shape. The handles of our toilet doors were dropping off. The shampoo/soap holder was slanted and there was no other place to put the stuff, causing great problems during shower. Our sink stopper was not working properly, so I had to dig it up with a spoon, and the smell from the sink drain was terrible. Some bed sheets were frankly dirty. It was full house so they did not have enough towels until late in the evening. The service was generally alright. The food in the restaurants were alright, but the buffet breakfast was not nice, except for the fruits.

The kids enjoyed the swimming. I guess if you don't expect too much you are ok. Definitely not a 5-star experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review us here.

From your comments, I understand that you were quite disappointed with our rooms, specifically the toilet doors and handles, soap holder and the sink stopper. Please be informed that I have highlighted these issues with our Maintenance and Engineering Team and necessary and immediate actions will be taken to solve all the ones highlighted by you. However, it would be really helpful if you could inform us the room number you stayed in. Nevertheless, our team will be doing a thorough rounding and will be checking each room to ensure all rooms are in good order for our guests to stay in.

In the mean time, I am glad that you had a speedy and good check in when you arrived at the resort and the services offered by our personnel was up to your expectations. While the other food served was fine, I will also highlight to our chefs on the quality of food served during breakfast.

On another note, I am also quite happy that you were satisfied with our swimming pools. I wish to highlight to you that the resort actually has 4 swimming pools. One is located in Cinta Ayu and the other 3 (horizon pool, lap pool and kids pool) are located at the Club House.

I am really glad and thankful that you have taken the time to highlight on our services and facilities offered. We take every comment seriously and will do all we can to ensure our guests are satisfied when they stay with us.

I do hope you would make another trip here soon. The team and I look forward to serve you. We will ensure that this time, it will be worth it.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed during the lunar New Years. I had trouble with expedia and my booking for Thistle was canceled, and had to book this hotel in a week. I just read that the hotel was 5 star and had good HP.

The hotel had nothing close to a 5 star, but more like 3 star.
Every staff even from the moment you park the car at the front gate, you get horrible service. No one greets us in so we were puzzled if we were actualy in the right place. We had to ask the reception to help us with the luggage, wait for 5 min, and then told us that we were located in a different property. I asked so many times if this was the only building or not.

When I wanted some help to book a restaurant outside the hotel, I was transferred my call 5 times just to be told that they don't do such service.

Room bed was always somewhat humid... And something bit me while sleeping.

Laundry lady just snatched my bag and went away.

Breakfast was very poor, bug was in my milk when I poured.
The Elephant bar had Philipino singers singing Karaoke with broken down tape recorder, and the cocktail tasted nothing but a juice.

My family was all so disappointed, and wanted to go home early. Not even asking for the reason, the reception said Can Not Because you Booked Online. They hardly care why I wanted to cancel my stay.

If you are checking this site, don't bother looking the details, it's hopelessly sad being in this hotel. 5 star? Full of nonsense.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank majikolove
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guest’s expectation.

I would like to apologize to you if we have failed to live up to your expectations during your stay with us, especially during the busy Lunar New Year period. I would like to stress here that this is certainly not the usual standards that we normally strive to provide to all our guests.

Providing explanations to all the issues you have highlighted is not my intention, however, please be rest assured that the issues will be highlighted to our Front Desk, Housekeeping and Food and Beverage departments. We will do all we can to improve ourselves in the areas that we lack.

Meanwhile, I am pleased to inform you that we are in the midst of a refurbishment programme for most of our guest rooms and other areas within the resort. The refurbishment programme is scheduled to be completed soon.

It is with sincerity that I apologize for not meeting the expectations, but we are also genuinely grateful for the feedback. This has certainly helped us to improve our services to meet the expectations of our guests in the future.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to be given the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort.

Yours truly,

Tengku Ahmad Faizal

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The resort is located about 20mins from the SIngapore Woodlands checkpoint and is a sprawling compound set among lush greenery. This is a refreshing change if you are coming in from a bustling city. However guests have to depend on taxi services to get anywhere from the resort if they do not have their own vehicle.

I stayed with my parents and sister in a 2 bedroom suite. This included a open-plan living room and dinning area, balcony and one bathroom/toilet. The main bedroom has direct access to the balcony as well as the bathroom but the other bedroom almost feels jail-like as it has no window. The living area is spacious and airy with access to the balcony as well. There entire suite has the basic facilities you would expect though it was not ideal to have 4 people sharing a single bathroom and toilet.

The resort grounds are well maintained and make for a lovely evening stroll. The resorts has a lounge area of sorts in the sports complex which has pool tables, Foosball tables as well as some video games. There is also a table tennis room together with tennis courts.

The biggest issue my family had at the resort was the almost consistent lack of taste in any food. From the breakfast buffet to room service to the restaurants, the food at the resort is sub-par and a sore let down.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
PulaiSpringsResortJB, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, it is pleasing to know you had quite an enjoyable stay at our resort. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guest expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests providing our guests with only the best service.

However, I sincerely apologize on the comment made on our food where you described had no taste. Please be informed that this issue will be brought up with our team from Food and Beverage and we will do all our best to improve ourselves. Nevertheless, we are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We really looking forward to welcoming you back to Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

With Best Regards,