“Average”

Ranked #13 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
“Average”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Front Office
Check- in process very slow although booking reservation done via online.
FOM or any Asst.Mgr should help when there's 4-5 pax check-in.

Suite at 3rd Floor.
Standard room nice and clean
Overall OK.
Cons:
Bathroom power socket need fixing
Small fridge need to replace as its missing front right leg (not stable)
Towels- Hope the mgmt can replace it with new soft fluffy towels.
Aircond noise on slow, med and high - too loud .Hard to sleep.

Breakfast at the Coffeehouse
Leaking near the pantry cubicle. No Wet Floor signage.
Make do with a water container on the floor.

I'm confused as the yoghurt behind the porridge condiments. Should be next to the cereals.
Sawi in fishball soup not wash properly.Still have sand.
Salad ( Lettuce,tomatoes and purple cabbage) Come on..you guys can do better that.
Lettuce and purple cabbage not even cut properly.
Even the drapes need to be change.
Need to paint to brighter color and yellow uplighter feels old.
I spent 20 mins there and really disappointed.

The good :
The Chinese Restaurant food at the Club really superb. Cook everything to perfection.
Excellent security at the front entrance
Early morning concierge person that handle our luggages.

I really hope that the management will take this seriously to improve the quality and service of the hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
PulaiSpringsResort, General Manager at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking some time to review us after your stay at the Pulai Springs Resort!

Please be informed that we take all of our guest comments seriously and therefore, please accept my sincere apologies for all our shortcomings while you were here. While you were happy with the cleanliness of the rooms, I will certainly discuss your feedback on the bathroom power, missing front leg of the mini fridge and the noisy air conditioning system with our Maintenance and Engineering department. As for the towels, I am glad to inform you that we have recently ordered some nice white fluffy towels to be replaced in all our guest rooms. The towels are arriving really soon and I can guarantee that you will see improvements on your next visit.

I would like also apologize of the leak at the pantry cubicle as well as the "Wet Floor" signage that we might have overlooked. As for the food served during breakfast, please be assured that all your feedback and comments have been passed on to our Food and Beverage team and we will ensure that immediate and necessary actions are taken.

On the other hand, I am really glad that you are happy with our award-winning Qing Palace Chinese Restaurant as well as the 24-hours security and concierge services. I will surely disseminate the information to them.

I do hope that this will not discourage you to support us again in the future. The team here really look forward in welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,

Tengku Ahmad Faizal Tengku Mohamed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 August 2014

we paid to stay for six nights upon check in, we totally lost confident with Pulai!
bathroom bulb spoiled, no amenities, WiFi no working, bathroom door can't close... then we changed to new room. (wardrobe smell bad, no safety box, no iron and iron board, no face towel, no hand towel, no bathtub, no tea provide and drinking water for second day, standing shower area leaking so water everywhere in the bathroom, no tissue paper refill and no shower gel provide on second day, pillow case no change, most of the time WiFi is out of coverage and our room is in level 3) before booking hotel room, there is no online notice about current hotel situation, all sport and reaction facilities under renovation, we waste our holiday time here once we found out we only can use swimming pool in the hotel on first day that really BAD and terrible hospitality lodge we've been!
there is no cardie allow with golfer to Golf course and buggy is poor, golf course condition is poor, grass gone autumn color and terrible bad attitude of golf course manager Mr. H J E m i r u l. (if the golf course is professional standard and we definitely understand they are private golf course and strictly rules but it is lousy course! I had been played in Paris International Golf Club before, they are world class golf club and there is no arrogant like manager E mi r u l!!!) We appreciated hotel manager solved this out eventually and we decide continue our holiday until day check out so far and hope there is nothing worst than current experience please! **
If you are golfer, please do not visit this golf course because it is not worth. Palm golf course is much better and better hospitality service! Or try other golf course but forget about this place!
Restaurant food and beverage taste good, waiters are friendly and polite! we enjoyed dinner in Glen Eagle restaurant so far! third day, we waited for buggy to go to driving range but there is no buggy serve hotel guest more than ten mins. Fed up with terrible service and they claimed 5 star resort, It is no star to us obviously! Management, PLEASE IMPROVE LOT!

Room Tip: Check bathroom door condition, amenities, wifi... make sure you get what you need during staying wit...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank ABVisor
lokechoyming, Director of Operations at Pulai Springs Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Your time and effort taken to highlight on our services and facilities are highly appreciated. We value every guest feedback as this will help us to further improve on our products and services to exceed guests’ expectations.

We have raised your concerns with the relevant departments and immediate actions have been taken to rectify our shortcomings.

Please be rest assured that meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our top priority.

Please accept our sincere and humble apologies for the inadvertent inconvenience experience by you. We are extremely grateful for your constructive comments. I sincerely hope that the setbacks will not deter you from supporting us again.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to shower you with our warm hospitality and making your next stay at the Pulai Springs Resort an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.

Travellers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Malaysia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Tucked in the suburb of Johor Bahru, this hotel is a located away from the city centre. We checked in to a two-room apartment with our parents for a little weekend getaway. It's a decent little place but like many other reviewers mentioned, it could have been better.

The cleanliness is average and maybe due to the poor ventilation, it has mildew smell. However, the amenities are better than the room as it has a few decent pools and a gym for sports enthusiasts or those who enjoy a bit of sun tanning.

The breakfast spread is limited for a resort which is a shame because the ambiance is nice and quiet. Getting out of the resort can be challenging because it's really located in the middle of the suburb which the public transport is scarce. If you are happy to stay in the hotel for the entire duration, it wouldn't be a problem for you. But if you want to check out other attractions in Johor Bahru, you might want to consider renting a car.

Tips:
1. It's a resort suitable for retreat, not for someone who wants to explore the sight, scene and energy of Johor Bahru
2. Getting public transport from the resort can be challenging, even though it's closer to the nearest airport, Senai International Airport; if you are unfamiliar with the area, it's advisable to dine in the hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank YvonneWoi
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review and rate us on Tripadvisor from your stay with us in March.

I am very glad that you are willing to give us your honest feedback and we take all comments very seriously so that improvements can be made in order to deliver world-class services to all our guests.

From your comments, I am aware that you were almost satisfied with most of the services and facilities at the resort, however, as you mentioned, it could have been better. I have brought up the issue of the room cleanliness to our Housekeeping department so that immediate actions can be taken and proper trainings can be implemented on most of the maids who are assigned to clean the rooms. As for the breakfast spread, our chef is fully aware of this and we are in the midst of revising our breakfast menu to cater to all our guests.

As for transportation, I am fully aware that public transportation is scarce, however, the hotel provides shuttle services and we are more than happy to arrange and plan your trips with minimal charges.

All in all, yes, we would agree that the resort is simply perfect for a retreat as its a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city life. We have various activities offered at the resort like Paintball, guided bicycle tour, kids activities and more with very minimal charges starting from RM 5 nett. To pamper yourself, The Pulai Spa offers various spa treatments to soothe muscle aches and pains.

We sincerely hope you would come and visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you here.

Singapore
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in the 1BR on 9th August. The exterior of the hotel looks good. The interior of the room is quite ok ok. It hasn't been properly cleaned by housekeeping.
Under the bed, I found a soiled diaper, that was the biggest turn-off!
The toilet looks pretty decent with minimum provisions.
We had a pretty good sleep that night.

Service of the staff was normal. Went to the swimming pool that could not provide us with towels as they ran out of it and didn't replenish supply after 1 hour of swimming.

But overall, for RM250, it was quite a good deal.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor after your stay with us in August.

From your comments, I am glad that you had quite a pleasant 2 Days 1 Night experience at Pulai Springs Resort, however, please accept my sincere apologies on the rooms that were not properly cleaned by our housekeeping maids. Please be assured that we have highlighted this matter to our Housekeeping department and we will ensure that proper trainings are done for all our maids who are assigned to the rooms. Nevertheless, it is pleasing to you know that you had a good sleep that night and that you felt that it was really worth staying here.

As for the towels, please accept my sincere apologies as there were insufficient towels at the swimming pool. We are fully aware of this matter and I am pleased to inform you that we have placed more orders for our towels and it should be arriving very soon.

I hope that you will continue to support us and we at Pulai Springs Resort really look forward to welcoming you here again.

Warm Regards,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night during Deepavali last year. The downs first; there was only 1 pool open to for children, the jacuzzi was closed. The breakfast is ordinary, not much of choices. We bought our dinner at the hotel's resto and its quite expensive since we were not able to travel because we have 1 yr old and 8 yr old children with us.

The ups: our room has great space for my 20 mos old to walk around. It has a small walk in closet and a living room. I will recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor after your stay with in November 2013.

From your comments, it was quite pleasing to know that you loved our spacious rooms as your kids had a lot of space to play and walk in. And thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and we sincerely appreciate it. This means a lot to us.

Nevertheless, I would like to apologize that when you were here last year, there was only 1 pool available for you to use and the Jacuzzi was not opened. Please be assured that all the issues highlighted by you have already been rectified. Our 4 swimming pools included the pool at Cinta Ayu, our lap pool, kids pool and horizon pool are all opened. Both outdoor and indoor Jacuzzi are also functioning.

We hope you would come back to visit us again and trust us that this time, it will really be worth it. We have also done some refurbishments on our rooms and I am certain that you would be happy to see the new look.

Take care and sincerely,

Cairns Region, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We only stayed here for a couple of days, and wish we had stayed longer! It has everything you will need for a long stay, including a games area, golf course, and it's own pub. The staff were great at helping with our tickets for legoland. Rooms were great, and spacious, too!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadvisor.

Thorough your comments, I believe you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad to hear you are satisfied with the services rendered and the facilities offered to you.

It is our commitment to exceed guests’ expectations and meeting the highest level of guest satisfaction has always been our priority. Our associates are trained to strive and serve our guests as well as providing our guests with only the best services.

I will surely disseminate your positive comments and feedback to our associates who are an asset to us through our associates’ notice board.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Pulai Springs Resort and will be delighted to hear from you again soon.

Kajang, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've stayed here with my family of four in the resort during 1st till 3rd day of Hari Raya. The first impression is good that it has a big golf course welcoming us before entering into the reception area. However, the club house seems so uninviting and it gave me an impression that things are not well maintained elsewhere. It proves me somewhat right. There is only two lifts available to be used for all customers till level 6 and it really needs a fix on it. It says that it carries a maximum of 750 kg of weight. Yet, there were only four of us in it which definitely do not accumulate to 300 kg and it said it is overload. Not just me, but it happen too to other customers as well. We entered our room and it smelled so badly as if it hasn't been used for ages. There were no towels in the bathroom and we called the reception to have it sent to us. It took them 2 hours with 7 calls for them to send it. We also had an extra bed ordered and expect it to be ready when we check in. And no it will not be send till 7 pm which I couldn't understand why. I think the housekeeping should have plenty of time to get it from other room who have checked out 5 hours before we check in even if they are out of beds. We had a long drive and of course it gets on our nerves for not having the bed for us to rest.
The breakfast buffet is okay with plenty of food being refilled continuously.

It was 7am and we could hear music being played at the hallway which is kind of loud because the resort is concrete and open based; no carpets to reduce the noise. Only the loud music is annoying. Wifi is good because they had their router installed everywhere.
After all, we understand it is Hari Raya and they might be short in staff but I don't think it should be the problem since they are well aware that the resort would be full during the holidays. Much improvements can be made and I believe it will be worth it for what the customers had paid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kimberly J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some time to review us on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at the resort. Till then, take care.