The place was really beautiful and it was very sad that my family and friends encountered so many unpleasant things right from the start:
1. The check-in was supposed to be at 3pm. We arrived at 3.45pm and was told that the rooms were not ready until half an hour later.
2. It was raining cats and dogs and we had nowhere to go. We were informed that Cinta Terrace (the F&B outlet located within the building) only opened for breakfast - what kind of F&B facility is that??!!
3. The group of us were dead thirsty and had finished our drinks during the drive to the resort. We let go of the fact that the only F&B outlet was not open and asked if we could have some bottled water at least. The front office staff looked very reluctant to accommodate us and after some checking, informed us that bottled water was OUT OF STOCK. I asked if they provided bottled water in the rooms and they said yes. BUT NO, BOTTLED WATER WAS OUT OF STOCK. Isn't this incredulous?
4. We checked in at 4.30 pm after waiting for 45mins. The rooms were neat and looked great but the floor was filthy. I saw some crackers in the corner of the living room and hair on the bathroom floor. The babycot we asked for was not in the room despite having indicated on our reservation form and double-confirming at the front office when we checked in. Hence, we had to call housekeeping but lo and behold, after trying for nearly 20mins, no one picked up the phone so my husband had to trudge to front office to get someone to inform housekeeping.
5. My 15mth old toddler was already crabby from missing his nap and was fussing about and wanting to walk around. But since the floor was filthy, I couldn't bring myself to put him down. I really couldn't be bothered to confront anyone, anymore so I asked for a mop from the housekeeping and my husband and I proceeded to clean up the whole apartment and the bathrooms ourselves. Isn't this amazing?
6. In all the web write-ups and interraction with the reservation staff, an important information was missing about the rooms/resort- that all the F&B outlets were located across the road at a separate 'Recreation Centre'. They don't provide the traditional 'room service' as we understand it, i.e. no food and drinks will be served to your rooms, plus the refrigerator is completely empty and not stocked like most normal hotels. i.e. You'll effectively starve if it's raining and unable to get across the road to the F&B outlets.
7. The pools at the resort are nice but not all that clean as foliage from the surrounding trees and plants can be seen in the water.
I will really not recommend going to resort with your family (especially if you have babies) to stay unless you just want to play golf.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pulai Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pulai Springs Hotel Johor Bahru
- Pulai Springs Johor Bahru