Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru
US$81
US$136
US$103
Very Good 4/5
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$91
US$113
US$86
  • Pool
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$37
  • Restaurant
US$564
US$494
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$23
Very Good 4/5
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$55
US$24
US$25
US$21
2,211 results
All reviewscookiesmakan kitchendouble treethe executive loungewelcome cookiecare linepillow menucity squarefood storelounge accessupon checksteam roomone bedroom suiteindian foodswimming poolawesome stayin room dining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Booked 2 room, 1 executive with lounge access and 1 king deluxe. Upgraded to suite n deluxe king as I'm a gold hhonors member. The checking in process took 20 mins plus. It surprise me. Feel tired after 4 hours of driving from kl. feel more tired after check in...

Rooms r spacious, great view. But whr is the fruit platter to welcome me?

Ordered room service, menu wrote "hokkien mee" with squid and chicken and black soy sauce. But came "Lo mee", with prawn and light soy sauce. We returned. Finally the "hokkien mee" with squid n chicken n "light" soy sauce came... Fainted

The suite suddenly blackout while I'm eating... It's power trip. I adjusted, n trip again. I adjusted again, trip again... Few times. Maintenance guy come, ask us better change room. We end up changed room...

Executive Lounge, good atmosphere and very little food & beverage selection during cocktail . Breakfast.

I feel something is missing... Not sure what

The only good thing is location, I think.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Simon M, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Echo_CSY

thank you for completing a review of the hotel after your recent stay with us and as a Hilton HHonors Gold Member, thank you for your continued loyalty.

I was disappointed to read we did not meet your expectations in a number of areas. I was also saddened that as a Hilton HHonors Gold member, you did not let us know prior to your departure of your concerns and offer us the opportunity to "Make It Right". As this is an anonymous forum it leave me with little opportunity to obtain further detail on the issues and follow up accordingly.

Thank you for the information provided regardless. As a relative new hotel we will strive to improve and I once again apologise for those areas that did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a right time to open a 5 star Hotel at Johor Bharu which a good location before other brands coming up. we definitely will sell your hotel if there is an enquiry coming. Meeting room & Guest room is out of expected good! cheers!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
SimonMcGrath, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear Jiu Rong C

Thank you for completing a review after your stay with us. We greatly value your feedback on the hotel and its services. Please accept our apology for this rather belated response on your review.

It is with pleasure to read that our service and facilities generally met with or exceeded your expectations. The strategic location of the hotel is certainly a great plus and we do appreciate your vote of confidence when it comes to recommendation for your business or social events.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here recently for 1 night. Upgraded to an executive room which is basically the same size but comes with a complimentary fruit plate. Could have been more personalized for elite members. Rooms were compact, not particularly large and would be really cramped with an extra rollaway. However, it was functional, bright , well lit and clean with good views of Johor Bahru town and comfortable bedding.

Breakfast had a very good variety of choices and the Italian restaurant had a really nice ambience for this part of town though the food was only decidedly average in taste and presentation. The pool was small but enough for a dip and I did like the chairs partly submerged into the pool. Also the fitness center was decent enough though a little bit small.

Some minor glitches. I had to send a fax internationally at the business center and the business center fax machine could not send international faxes! Also the showers were not draining all that well which meant the room ended up smelling a bit damp...

All in all, I would definitely stay here again if I came here.

1  Thank flitting_bird
SimonMcGrath, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2014

Dear flitting_bird,

Thank you for taking time to complete a review after your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback on our service and facilities. Please accept my apology on this rather belated response to your review.

I am pleased to hear that our service and facilities generally met with or exceeded your expectations. Equally pleasing is to note that our extensive breakfast spread is to your liking and the you have enjoyed our outdoor swimming pool.

I was however disappointed to learn that our poolside Italian restaurant, Tosca was not up to your expectation in terms of taste and presentation. As food preference is very much dependent on personal preference, we would love to get further details on the issue to examine and review if there is any room for improvement.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the lapse in service standards you experienced on this occasion. Rest assured I share your disappointment in this matter and have in response addressed your concerns with our management team to ensure such lapses are not repeated.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

On the first night i always make a point to order room service as this will reflect the hotel true capability and standards in food. it was 2am and i call but there were no answer until the 3rd time i called. After which I place an order for a simple dish. Nasi Ayam. It came 20 min after i called. I paid cash and requested extra sambal sauce for the chicken. The nasi ayam review:- nasi was nice and flavourful but the chicken came with bone in and dry and salty. maybe because they reheated in the microwave. then i took the soup to mix with the rice but to my disappointment it was far worst than the chicken. A salty soup. A stall dish that would cost RM6 ringgit tasted 10 times far better. I waited for another 15 min after which the sauce did not come ,I've finish the dish feeling dehydrated due to the salt feeling some what disappointed. i know its a low period time and chef are preparing miss en place for the next day. but that shouldn't effect the quality of food. you have a lovely hotel with great facilities. don't let small bad experiences be a gauge to your hotel. My penny worth.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Raimi M
SimonMcGrath, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Dear Raimi M

As much as food preferences differ individually, we do understand that gathering a wide collection of opinions is crucially important in our commitment for continuous improvement. Your comprehensive feedback on our food offering is definitely constructive and please be rest assured that the comments have been well-received by relevant department.

On the other hand, despite slight blunder in your dining experience, we are glad to hear it has not affected your overall stay with us and we have been able to impress with our general offerings and facilities.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Best Doubletree I've ever stayed in. I love Hilton and am a Diamond in the Hilton Honors program. This hotel exceeded my expectations in every way and more. From the staff opening the door for you every time and pristine public spaces to the room and pool this hotel is fabulous. At the room floors, we were greeted and welcomed again with friendly staffs (Osman) from housekeeping, who were good, helpful and efficient. Although the room (we had a king bed) was a tad on the smaller side, we had plenty of room for both of our belongings. The lighting in the room was tremendous. They had a night setting that illuminated the floor around the bed and provided a clear path to the bathroom. Amazingly well designed and thought out. We loved the rain shower and well appointed bathroom too. caring service which befits the "Hilton" reputation and far exceeded my expectations. Needless to say, the next time I return to Johor Bahru, I will be staying at DoubleTree again. Thank you DoubleTree By Hilton Johor Bahru

2  Thank Zul1416
SimonMcGrath, General Manager at Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Dear Zul1416

We are certainly delighted to hear our service and facilities generally met with or exceeded your expectations. Equally pleasing to find that the team has been able to uphold the signature DoubleTree by Hilton “CARE” culture, in ensuring that every guest has a memorable stay. Your mention of our housekeeping team member, Osman is certainly inspiring and we would definitely deliver the compliment to Osman.

As pointed out, despite being a standard guest room, it is actually quite spacious and have no problem of accommodating 3 guests. Alternatively, we do have a range of guest rooms and suites available to suit the needs of every kind of travelers. Your vote of confidence is incredibly encouraging and we are very glad that you have been able to feel the Hilton promise through this relatively young hotel.

Thank you once again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!