“Dissapointed”

Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: International
Description: This all-day dining restaurant's casual and creative menu serves up international cuisine with a local touch, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Johor Bahru. Our live cooking stations provide guests with a unique and memorable dining experience. Our restaurant is now open for a la carte dine-in for fully vaccinated guests. All set up will adhere to hygiene SOPs and social distancing as outlined by the local authorities. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 17 June 2019 via mobile

To my surprise it is the opposite of good review that this cafe received in tripadvisor.
Staff. Busy chatting rather than doing their rounds to check on guest/buffet line.
Food. Definitely not a 5 star standard base on quality and taste/flavour. The beef and lamb was tuft and hard. Pumpkin Soup blend. Satay peanut sauce-too sweet. Steam prawn-not fresh and the sauce for steam prawn is bad. Salad bar-quite good but the salad dressing is really bad. Roti nan was cold and hard.
Dessert- really bad. Dessert spread is mostly cakes. 90%
Overall I'm disappointed. Will never go back to BLD cafe.

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank usainliza
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2019

Dear usainliza,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is MOHAMAD MAHADY ABDULLAH and I am the Director of Food and Beverage at the Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel.The service you received during your recent dine in with us at Cafe BLD did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

The experience you described is not characteristic of the level of service our associates strive to provide and the quality of food received is not what we're known for. I would love the opportunity to hear more about your experience in an effort to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at +601131326606. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel.

MOHAMAD MAHADY ABDULLAH
Director of Food and Beverage
Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel
+601131326606

Write a reviewReviews (358)

Reviewed 29 May 2019 via mobile

This is couple of time break fasting in premium hotel restaurant and this Cafe BLD is really did super fantastic job about theirs food and service. By highlighting the staff, Arif Azlan is the best staff that treat us last night. Great services by Arif and he showed us the best guest welcoming. The food is quite nice with that grilled outdoor satay and all. Very love it !!

Date of visit: May 2019
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2019

Dear rajaiqbal25,

Thank you for your fantastic review and positive motivating comments which has both given us the pleasure and continuous drive to provide nothing less than the best of service and food quality.

We are equally glad you broke your fast with us and was provided the best of service while enjoying almost 500 plus dishes which we managed to produce.

I've passed on your feedback to Arif Azlan whon in return as mentioned, i quote " Terima kasih dan semoga kita dapat berjumpa semula".

Looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards,

Mahady Director of Food and Beverage (Former Executive Chef)

Reviewed 25 May 2019

Went there twice for the Sunday brunch. The first time we left since there was only mussels and no prawns or crabs. The second time, everyone had a great time. Good variety, service was attentive and staff were friendly and polite. Will go back for brunch again.

Date of visit: April 2019
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2019

Dear ShanghaiGourmet,

Thank you for the review and our apologies on your first visit and experience as we ran out of crabs and prawns that day which was quite unfortunate and regrettably an experience we hoped not to repeat and was evident on your second visit.

For the holy month of Ramadhan, we stopped the brunch and we don't have any immediate plans to have it back again but our usual Sunday buffet lunches will still have some great international selections for all walks of life to savor. If there is anything specific you'd like to have, do send me an e-mail or alternatively, you can call me and i will do my best to have it available which is within my ability to source and serve.

Again, thank you for your motivating review which i have shared with my team and we're looking forwards to your next visit.

Best regards

Mahady
Director of Food and Beverage
(Former Executive Chef)

Reviewed 20 May 2019 via mobile

Disappointed with food supplies and limited choice
Price expensive but service is good cos the staff will show their concern and take medicine when I fall down

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank stephanie9292
chef_Mahady, Director of Food and Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2019

Dear stephanie9292,

Thank you for your response and please allow me to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I have conveyed the constructive comments for food and limited choices with our Executive Chef, Arnold Miranda whom is as i am deeply saddened by your experience and would love the opportunity to once again have you dine with us and meet if not exceed your expectations.

Please do contact me via my mobile number at +601131326606 or my business e-mail at mohamad.abdullah@marriott.com for us to further discuss in details and how we may again restore your confidence and loyalty in patronizing our Cafe BLD once again.

Yours respectfully,

Mohamad Mahady
Director of Food and Beverage - Renaissance Johor Bahru hotel
Mohamad.abdullah@marriott.com

Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

Visited for a Christmas work function where it was imperative to cater for a wide variety of tastes. We found the selection of foods was excellent, with plenty of Asian and Western options. Dessert bar was good and fresh. Really nice setting. The only improvement would be a larger selection of drinks included. Overall, a very pleasant choice for a large group or staff function.

Date of visit: December 2018
chef_Mahady, Director of Food & Beverage at Cafe BLD at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2019

Dear ShanAmbrose,

Thank you for visiting us in the X'Mas season and we're quite pleased that you've found our selections were excellent with the various varieties and selections. I've taken note of the drinks selections and rest assured, on your next visit, you will notice the availability of a much larger selection of drinks.

Mohamad Mahady