“A Gem in Permas Jaya”

Wan Li Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Chinese, Contemporary
Description: Dine on fresh seafood dishes and authentic Cantonese cuisine with a seasonally-inspired menu in a relaxed setting for lunch or dinner at Wan Li Chinese Restaurant in Johor Bahru. Our restaurant is now open for a la carte dine-in for fully vaccinated guests. All set up will adhere to hygiene SOPs and social distancing as outlined by the local authorities. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We had dinner here because the restaurant we intended to go to was fully booked.

The manager and her staff was very nice. In my haste to secure a place for dinner for my parents, I barged into the restaurant while it was still closed. They were warm and answered all my questions politely.

The dishes were delicious. We had peking duck, tofu with mushroom, beef, ginseng chicken double boiled soup and fried egg noodles.

Good service and great food. The next time, we will be back for Dim Sum.

1  Thank Xiaoling10
chef_Mahady, Executive Chef at Wan Li Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Dear Xiaoling10,

Thank you for your review and we're glad you choose us as an alternative which proofed to be a great decision.
Truly glad we have met if not exceeded your expectations and we're looking forward to your next visit.

Mahady - Executive Chef / REN-JB

Write a reviewReviews (106)

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after reading some reviews. My partner and me frequent JB a lot and have tasted few fine restaurants too.

The peking duck was a let down as compared to MeiSan at Mutiara. Could not taste the mango at all. The vegetable was way too bland.. no taste at all. The durian prawn- tastes ok but just felt the 2 combination doesn't blend in well. Thankfully, the grilled cod fish was really good and it was the dish that saved the entire meal.

To us, there are a few better restaurants we have tasted in terms of culinary and quality.

Date of visit: June 2016
chef_Mahady, Executive Chef at Wan Li Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Dear Almyhappy,

Thank you for your review and feedback, unfortunately, we have come short on your expectations especially with our signature dishes which we will look through in details again.
Yes, thankfully the Cod fish has exceeded your expectations and please allow us to serve you again and try the more improved Peking duck.

Looking forward and best culinary regards,

Mahady - Executive Chef / REN-JB

Reviewed 14 June 2016

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nig by s and I came here as it was raining and there is nothing good within walking distance of this hotel.
The staff are friendly and the managers are very good at recommending dishes. I wanted to try all but i only had 2 nights so they recommended me the best and they did not dissapoint! I will definately come back again if i am in johor bahru.

Date of visit: June 2016
chef_Mahady, Executive Chef at Wan Li Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear Adnan M,

Thank you for taking both the time and effort to write us a nice review with positive feedback.
We are truly glad you managed to savor our signature dishes and we're looking forward to your next visit as we many other dishes that will surely tantalize your taste buds.
Again, thank you from me and the team.

Mahady - Executive Chef / RHI-JB

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Actually I seldom having a meal at a Chinese restaurant but I heard that this restaurant is quite good and cosy so I decided to come for eating. We ordered glass noodles with prawn, oven-baked cod fish and the signature dish - peking duck! I really love these! Furthermore, I recommend you the dessert namely mango puree. This was a nice choice! The mango was fresh. We really enjoy having dinner here because they gave us a very good service. I think I will come back again for the buffet dim sum next time^^

Date of visit: May 2016
chef_Mahady, Executive Chef at Wan Li Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear racheal_0904,

Thank you for taking the time and effort from your busy schedule to write us a nice review and may i say, you heard right and the choices you made were from our signature collection of favorite dishes.
Looking forward to your next visit and especially the Dim Sum 'An all you can eat' selection is available, freshly made daily from our Dim Sum chefs.

Until then, best culinary regards,

Mahady - Executive Chef

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Ordered Peking Duck with Fried Noodle as room service. Was slightly disappointed at 1st with the Peking duck wrap as it was not crispy. However on 2nd thoughts, I believe that due to the cling wrap for room service. That might cause the skin to be soggy.

On the other hand, I am in awe of the fried noodle that I order with the duck. The noodle was fragnant and tasty. And kept me eating non stop. Will be backed for it.

Date of visit: April 2016
chef_Mahady, Executive Chef at Wan Li Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Dear SingaporeNic,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write us a review.

Yes, i believe the cling wrap for the Peking Duck might have made it loose it's crispiness but this was done to ensure your food is delivered to you safely ensure no 'foreign objects' or dust contaminates your food orders.

We are truly glad we have exceeded your expectations in our food quality which has further motivated us to ensure nothing but the best leaves our kitchen stoves.

The Wan-Li Team of chefs and myself looking forward to your next visit.

Mahady - Executive Chef