Would not recommend - waited more than 1 1/2 hours for my luggage to find it had been left in the rain, senior male staff were not only flirting with female guests, but also allowing them to go behind the bar when the barman was on his break; found the two male staff responsible for the diving rude, especially the senior dive instructor, both these staff also continuously helped themselves to alcohol throughout what was presumed to be their working hours and providing female guests with free drinks; a young woman staff member giving the appearance of being responsible for the financial running of the show only to have her do a jealous outburst directed at one of the male staff members and in front of the guests. On top of this, other staff members advised me not to drink the water due to at least 4 guests and 1 staff member recently requiring treatment for a "stomach bug", 2 of which required hospitalisation. Combined with plastic covered mattress, sea lice in the water and complaints from other guests of sandflies, did not make this worth the boat trip from the jetty nor the drive up from Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Easy access form Singapore or Johor Bahru Airport with our own non stop direct airport transfers. Complete relaxation on an undeveloped island within a Marine Park. Delicious food, fully stocked bar which never closes for drinkers, amazingly beautiful safe almost private beach. Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Excursions, Nasty Activities, Sailing, Paddle Skiing, Boogie Boarding, Games, Beach Volleyball, and freshly baked Scones every afternoon! Special rates for kids up to 17 years of age. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sea Gypsy Village Resort & Dive Base Hotel Mersing
- Sea Gypsy Village Resort And Dive Base
- Sea Gypsy Village Mersing
- Sea Gypsy Village Resort & Dive Base Mersing, Malaysia - Johor