I visited Sea Gypsy over Chinese New year (13- 18 of April) and was greatl surprised by the island. Its picturesque views are incomparable to most. It is a very peaceful island with much to do. I am an avid diver and have dived a few places around the world, and I found this place beautiful under the water. Although it was still the end of the monsoon and the vis was about 5 - 8 metres, there was still lots to see. The staff were friendly and had a fantastic vibe about them, always upbeat with huge smiles on there faces and gave the resort a great atmosphere. They were never off duty to customers, so if you had questions at 10pm the dive staff or the waitress would be more than happy to fill you in on the best things to do the next day. We did it all, we went on the walks to the other resorts, we went fishing on the stilted villages and also the diving. I found sea gypsy was one of the nicest get aways from Singapore. I will definately be visiting again and soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Easy access form Singapore or Johor Bahru Airport with our own non stop direct airport transfers. Complete relaxation on an undeveloped island within a Marine Park. Delicious food, fully stocked bar which never closes for drinkers, amazingly beautiful safe almost private beach. Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Excursions, Nasty Activities, Sailing, Paddle Skiing, Boogie Boarding, Games, Beach Volleyball, and freshly baked Scones every afternoon! Special rates for kids up to 17 years of age. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sea Gypsy Village Resort And Dive Base
- Sea Gypsy Village Resort & Dive Base Hotel Mersing
- Sea Gypsy Village Mersing
- Sea Gypsy Village Resort & Dive Base Mersing, Malaysia - Johor