I've heard fabulous reports about Rawa Island but this is our first visit in 40+ years in Singapore! I booked a week before CNY thinking no hope of finding accommodation. To my surprise they had a room and the Mersing office arranged everything for us. I had read some rather negative reports on TA about the food, service and the state of the rooms and most of all I didn't believe the promotional photos. Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised, it is truly a magical setting, great service and super food for all tastes. Most of all the the dive shop and souvenir shops don't rip you off, very reasonable. It's not cheap to stay (still considerably less than the 5 star resorts or Bintang), but the relaxed stress free environment makes it well worth the 3 hour drive from Singapore).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Rawa Island Resort, an idyllic tropical island for guests to unwind from the stress and strain of modern life. Feel the grains of white, sun-baked sand between your toes as you stroll along the beach. Take a dip in the warm waters of the South China Sea. Enjoy the green scenery. Snorkel along the natural coral reef just metres from the shore. Or simply relax as you watch the sun disappear lazily over the orange horizon. Situated within the archipelago of the Sultan Iskandar Marine Park, Rawa Island is accessible by a twenty-minute boat ride from Mersing, Johor. This beachfront resort features 77 rooms, each individually designed to blend in with the natural landscape. Modern furnishings provide guests with the comforts of home. We invite you to take a break from the monotony of daily routine. Experience the island's natural beauty and our Malaysian hospitality. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rawa Island Safaris Hotel Mersing
- Rawa Island Safaris Mersing
- Rawa Island Resort Mersing, Malaysia - Johor