This hotel is quite good compared to the other hotel in this island. Still, you need to keep your expectations low in order to enjoy your stay.
Rooms are good and spacious (at least the beachfront we stayed in). Bathroom is bad - no fresh water, no hot water, no decent amenities.
Food is good, not great. Drinks not included in the price.
No beach towels available. If you want a beach chair, you need to rent it. Same with kayak, snorkel, paddle, etc.
Employees are kind.
The island is stunning but I wouldn't go back because I think it is quite expensive for what you get. There are beautiful beaches in other places with better infrastructure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Rawa Island Resort, an idyllic tropical island for guests to unwind from the stress and strain of modern life. Feel the grains of white, sun-baked sand between your toes as you stroll along the beach. Take a dip in the warm waters of the South China Sea. Enjoy the green scenery. Snorkel along the natural coral reef just metres from the shore. Or simply relax as you watch the sun disappear lazily over the orange horizon. Situated within the archipelago of the Sultan Iskandar Marine Park, Rawa Island is accessible by a twenty-minute boat ride from Mersing, Johor. This beachfront resort features 77 rooms, each individually designed to blend in with the natural landscape. Modern furnishings provide guests with the comforts of home. We invite you to take a break from the monotony of daily routine. Experience the island's natural beauty and our Malaysian hospitality. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rawa Island Safaris Hotel Mersing
- Rawa Island Safaris Mersing
- Rawa Island Resort Mersing, Malaysia - Johor