Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang
US$68
US$60
Agoda.com
TS Hotel (Scientex)(Pasir Gudang)
  • Restaurant
Li Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$23
US$19
US$23
Peach Hill Hotel(Masai)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$32
US$29
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$38
US$36
  • Restaurant
7 Heaven Boutique Hotel(Masai)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$30
US$19
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have booked the room 1 week earlier, and clearly stated that i requested for room with 1 queen bed. Upon check in, the front office staff informed that there were no queen bed room available. I insisted on the room since I've clearly requested earlier. He then said that he'll check on the available room with sour face. Finally, I got the room after around 5 minutes wait. Room was clean, with basic amenities. However, there were no hot water in the bathroom. I wasn't sure whether it is out of order or what. Had breakfast in their Straits cafe. The choices are decent, wit a mix of local and western dishes. Unfortunately, there were egg shell in my omelette. No free wifi. It cos RM5 for a day use

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marya M
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Prior to my stay here, I have read many reviews regarding condition of the room having smelly carpets and all. However, the room I got seems to have been refurbished and reasonably clean. Though it had a very strong smell of air freshener. Not sure if this was to mask the carpet smell but at least it's not repugnant like a smelly carpet. General environment of hotel is nice and quiet. Check in was quick and fuss free. Reception staff was friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was adequate. Dinner can be found in shopping complex across the road but don't expect much.

Hotel is adequate if you are looking for a convenient place to rest in Pasir Gudang instead of driving all the way to Johor Baru.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The room- spacious and clean but no free wifi.
Buffet Breakfast was OK- quite a lot to choose from.
The shopping complex is just across the road -UO, KFC etc though not as cheerful as other shopping complex in downtown JB

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank HRS_6
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed here for 5 days and as its close to where I have to attend to my work our company put me up here.

First impression when entering the lobby was.. "not bad" for an unknown hotel brand compare to others.

I asked for wifi availability.. the reception said I can use it for 2 hours free everyday and I have to pay RM5 for a 24hrs usage.. well its cheaper if I use my own phone broadband.

The rooms looks old.. the tv is old and almost eveything else seems old. Its clean but old..

Aircondition tempreture is not what its suppose to be.. i set it to 5 celcius but its not... still a bit warm for me. I would prefer 17 celcius.

Pool is ok. Not olympic size.. but its clean and acceptable. Sauna is great. Gym is some what ok..

Hotel service is good. They are somewhat helpful and would give extra if asked.

For a non muslim that would want to eat non halal food.. its none close by the hotel.. closet would be Pasar Masai - Today Food Court. About RM 15 cab ride one way. Coming back.. get cabs from public bank area.. theres a cab stand which is about 5 minutes slow walk from there.. can ask the waiters or waitress where its located.

The breakfast buffet is alright.. typical malaysian and western buffett.. dont expect too much.

Overall... dont expect too much you will be alright. Star rating I would give 2 1/2 star.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This hotel cheats your money! They agreed to late check out at 2pm but when we checked out they had the nerve to charge us 50% more! The carpets stink too. Very old and dated hotel with archaic facilities.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends