“Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia”

Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang
Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pasir Gudang
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia”
Reviewed 10 December 2009

I've stayed at the Hotel Selesa 5 times 2004 thru 2008 and have always enjoyed it! The staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean, the hotel was improved with a renovation in 2008. It has most all of the amenaties that you would find in 3 star hotels, such as outdoor pool, restaurants, workout room, internet cafe, close to shopping mall, etc...

I would recommend it to anyone!

Stayed February 2008, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lanark
Reviewed 10 September 2009

This hotel was booked by my companies client! This hotel is just awful. The entrance is surprisingly nice and modern, but this masks the true reality of the hotel.

My colleagues arrived at this hotel the night before me. When I landed in Malaysia I had a message on my phone informing me of how bad the hotel was and we were moving, unfortunately not until the next night.

The bedroom was old, dirty and had a damp carpet. Before having a shower I had to get rid of 12 insects of various sizes, not a pleasant experience at anytime. The airconditioning was the only positive thing I can say about this hotel.

If you are staying in the area, try the Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort, still a little dated, we stayed in a 5 person villa. This hotel has 2 good restaurants and a sports bar, and good leisure facilities, aswell as 3 championship golf courses, it cost 440 ringgit per night for the 5 bed villa, approx £73

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank KJ_MCNI

Travellers are raving about these Pasir Gudang hotels

Shah Alam
Reviewed 23 December 2008

It was booked by my company as it was the nearest to the workplace. I was supposed to stay there for two weeks, but, it lasted only for one night. The very next day, I check out (45 minutes check out and there were only 5 cars at the hotel parking i.e not many people stayed at this 100++ rooms hotel)
Reasons for checking out early:
1- Poor service
2-smelly room & smelly bed (yucks..)
3- brownish water (yucks..yucks... I had to skip the bath)
4- Outdated and broken furniture
5- TV? What TV...TV set was just for display. I called the technician and they say I would have to move to another room if I want a working TV....
6- Malfunctioning electrical points
7- Breakfast? Noodles & Nasi Lemak only pls

This hotel is a disgrace to the Malaysian and to the Johorean especially.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 November 2008

Just returned from staying at HS,PG with 2 other workmates.
As we were visiting offices in that area for work purpose, it was more convenient staying there than in JB city.
Unless you have a car, it is not located in a convenient location but there are few restaurants nearby.
Furniture is dated, carpet looks 'dodgy'; and out of order lamps in the shower & above the bed. Also breakfast isnt anything to shout about. All that for USD55/- per night.....the dead cockroach next to my bed is included FOC.
Rooms were not that quiet.
While checking out the concierge staff forgot to return my credit card until i asked. However the cafe staff were helpful.
Also there was a notice for a power outage today from 11 to 3.
I sure am glad it was only a one night stay.

• Liked — The cafe staff
  • Disliked — Everything else!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Bangkok
Reviewed 5 November 2008

Had two nights here & that was 2 nights too long. Was really glad to check out, but that’s another story.
I was booked into the hotel by my company and after my short stay have been removed from their recommended places to stay. I arrived early evening & it looked OK from the outside. The taxi driver helped unload the car & the doorman watched me walk to reception with my entire luggage, didn’t even offer to open the door.
Check in was OK, then I got to the room (252) & it had a bit of an odour, when the lights were on you could see mould on the ceiling. Going back to the elevator you could see mould & damp patches throughout the level. A colleague also stayed & when he turned on his light saw small cockroaches running around, though I did not have any in my room.
The evening meal in the restaurant is OK, with a very limited western choice & even when you order fish n chips, a medium steak arrived. The hotel is Halal so don’t expect any alcohol even with your evening meal, not even in a secluded corner as some hotels do.
Did manage to get any early morning wakeup call problem was it was 5.00AM and it was the local mosque, that noisy that it was pointless trying to get back to sleep.
Breakfast consists of an omelette & sausages if you are lucky, failing that it is rice n noodles. On checkout despite asking for the bill before eating it was still not ready 15 mins later & many interruptions it arrived, unfortunately it wasn’t my bill. So back to square one. Finally got the right bill & asked where my taxi was to me met with a nice smile & a @Oh sorry forgot to call, needless to say late for work again.
On a plus side they did arrange a taxi to take me over to Singapore airport, which was clean tidy & reasonable & arrived in time.

• Liked — The fact that I was only their 2 days
  • Disliked — I had to spend 2 nights there. This place needs gutitng & totally refurbishing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Singapore
Reviewed 2 January 2008

the hotel exteriotr is well painted...looks nice and appealing...however dont expect the rooms to be just as nice as the exterior...

check in was a breeze as the hotel is located rather at the industrial part of Johor...not much tourists can be found....the room that i was given at first was room 425...the way to the room was pleasant..no bad odour despite the pathway is carpeted....However i was greeted by a bad smell when i entered my room..I booked a deluxe suite..and the only thing that i got for a suite is just the space....no bathtub..no xtra amenities..with a price of RM207 for a deluxe suite,I would expect at least a bathtub..when i enquire with the staff,i was told the hotel has no room with a bathtub..so i would suggest that one should just booked the normal room..cause all the amenities is the same for all rooms....another problem with my room is that the air con is not working...after calling up the technisyen..its still the same problem...hence i asked for a room change...i got it quite fast..but the room is the same...large..loo large that the air con cant be felt cool enugh....

all in all...never get the deluxe room..just book a normal room...the aircon does not have the power to cool the whole room...a smaller room would be cooler than a suite...
breakfast is a simple buffet spread...no sausasges or ham..no pancakes or waffles...just 2 type of rice...and bread...assam noodles and the egg section...thats all...

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
#4 of 109 in Johor Bahru
Swan Garden Hotel
Swan Garden Hotel
#66 of 109 in Johor Bahru

Been to Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang? Share your experiences!