“ok.well done”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pasir Gudang
Reviewed 6 December 2010

It managed to change to a better hotel after the rebranding...those who went there before 2010 would definitely not come again...but its worth a try now...better room environment...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niqja

Reviewed 12 July 2010

It's funny how places named after an experience often turn out to offer you the opposite experience. Like Seronok (fun) travel agency was the worst travel agency my parents went with. And then there's Hotel Selesa (Comfort Hotel), which I feel should really be renamed to Hotel TAK Selesa (UNcomfortable Hotel).

The lift, corridors, and rooms are in dire need of refurbishment. Carpets are scuffed in places. Curtains in my room were discoloured. My bedsheets smelt funny.

But the staff here are friendly and helpful. I had trouble unlocking the door to my room, so I went down to get help every time that happened. A staff would then accompany me to my room, show the "trick" to open the door (even though I didn't get it) and open the door for me. And they were patient and courteous even the 3rd time round ;-)

Would I recommend this hotel? No, unless you want to stay really close to the businesses in Pasir Gudang. Otherwise, there are nicer hotels in Johor Bahru, which is about 30mins drive from here.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank EeCheeFeet
Reviewed 16 December 2009

My family and I went to Pasir Gudang recently to attend a friend's wedding. I booked rooms at this hotel just because it is near to the place where the event took place. Honestly, I don't expect much when we check in to our rooms that evening (because all the reviews I read in the internet said that the hotel is horrible). However, I feel relief when neither my family or myself had experienced any miserable condition during our stay at this hotel. Our rooms were clean and neat. All the appliances/facilities in the rooms worked well. The staff were helpful and the breakfast were also quite good and have various choices. Overall, this hotel is worth staying for me.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank AllyzB
Reviewed 10 December 2009

I've stayed at the Hotel Selesa 5 times 2004 thru 2008 and have always enjoyed it! The staff is helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean, the hotel was improved with a renovation in 2008. It has most all of the amenaties that you would find in 3 star hotels, such as outdoor pool, restaurants, workout room, internet cafe, close to shopping mall, etc...

I would recommend it to anyone!

Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2009

This hotel was booked by my companies client! This hotel is just awful. The entrance is surprisingly nice and modern, but this masks the true reality of the hotel.

My colleagues arrived at this hotel the night before me. When I landed in Malaysia I had a message on my phone informing me of how bad the hotel was and we were moving, unfortunately not until the next night.

The bedroom was old, dirty and had a damp carpet. Before having a shower I had to get rid of 12 insects of various sizes, not a pleasant experience at anytime. The airconditioning was the only positive thing I can say about this hotel.

If you are staying in the area, try the Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort, still a little dated, we stayed in a 5 person villa. This hotel has 2 good restaurants and a sports bar, and good leisure facilities, aswell as 3 championship golf courses, it cost 440 ringgit per night for the 5 bed villa, approx £73

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank KJ_MCNI
Reviewed 23 December 2008

It was booked by my company as it was the nearest to the workplace. I was supposed to stay there for two weeks, but, it lasted only for one night. The very next day, I check out (45 minutes check out and there were only 5 cars at the hotel parking i.e not many people stayed at this 100++ rooms hotel)
Reasons for checking out early:
1- Poor service
2-smelly room & smelly bed (yucks..)
3- brownish water (yucks..yucks... I had to skip the bath)
4- Outdated and broken furniture
5- TV? What TV...TV set was just for display. I called the technician and they say I would have to move to another room if I want a working TV....
6- Malfunctioning electrical points
7- Breakfast? Noodles & Nasi Lemak only pls

This hotel is a disgrace to the Malaysian and to the Johorean especially.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 November 2008

Just returned from staying at HS,PG with 2 other workmates.
As we were visiting offices in that area for work purpose, it was more convenient staying there than in JB city.
Unless you have a car, it is not located in a convenient location but there are few restaurants nearby.
Furniture is dated, carpet looks 'dodgy'; and out of order lamps in the shower & above the bed. Also breakfast isnt anything to shout about. All that for USD55/- per night.....the dead cockroach next to my bed is included FOC.
Rooms were not that quiet.
While checking out the concierge staff forgot to return my credit card until i asked. However the cafe staff were helpful.
Also there was a notice for a power outage today from 11 to 3.
I sure am glad it was only a one night stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
#6 of 10 in Masai
Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort
Tanjong Puteri Golf Resort
#1 of 3 in Pasir Gudang

Been to Hotel Selesa, Pasir Gudang? Share your experiences!