“Central to everything. Lovely big room”

Sentosa Regency Hotel Alor Setar
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Alor Setar
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed one night recently as part of a road trip through Malaysia. We didnt have a booking but but arrived at the Sentosa Regency and within one minute had checked in, thanks to the professional staff who communicated all options and rooms. We chose two deluxe rooms with king beds. Rooms were big and bed was very comfortable. Shower was hot and bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was a mix of local and western foods and was fine. We witnessed another western guest have a hissy fit in front of diners because the food wasn't suitable to his western palate! When in Rome don't expect a breakfast like home. Overall, the Sentosa Regency was a good choice and gave us a comfortable base to explore Alor Setar

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank gordiereid
There are newer reviews for Sentosa Regency Hotel Alor Setar

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We chose to stay here due to their connecting room availability. We stayed in the executive suites which located at the highest floor. The room is quite huge equipped with bath tub and other basic amenities i.e. hair dryer, mini fridge, variety of astro channels & good wifi connection. However the downside has to be the old furniture in the room. Breakfast selection was okay. Overall I'm happy with this hotel.

Room Tip: I'll stick with Executive suite
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nurullizasaleh
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Booked 3 executive rooms for recent Raya (only 3 rooms available anyway). Room rate is reasonable for big spacious rooms.

Breakfast was okay. I had rice porridge, meehun with chicken kurma and half boiled eggs -- more than enough for me. My british husband had toast & cereal.

Not sound-proof. But luckily not so noisy as everyone must be tired after all day visiting.

Would stay here again in future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AishaNuttall
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed for a night. Early morning around 9am, wokeup by the sound of wall drilling exactly from our next room. Called the reception counter to informed for 4 times to stop the drilling as its was just 9am but nothing have been done. I personally walked to next room asking the maintanance person to stop the work as i was tired & sleeping next door. But the drilling still CONTINUE till i checkout . I told the manager in charge , Mr Kee , even asked him to call his Director for an explanation . The reply i get from Mr Kee was just a word sorry & according to his Director , will compensate with a lunch. The Director was not in & so coward to even talk to us on the phone as i requested to talked to him . I am paying for a good sleep & not interested for a free lunch !

• Stayed: June 2013
6  Thank Tina K
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I really am very satisfied with my experience here, from the way their front office/reservation team handled my reservation , to the room which we stayed in ( Setar Suite ) this is one great hotel that deservedly be given Two Thumbs Up.
I had booked the room via telephone as I was having some issues with their web reservation forms , and their staff had made my reservation a breeze. Moreover , their staff had also reconfirmed and asked of my e.t.a on the day we are supposed to be there. Such attention for their guest that makes me and my family happy and feels appreciated.
The great warmth and sincere services from their staff are also very apparent as the smiles and attitude in greeting us are genuinely sincere.

The best part in the Setar suite would be the jacuzzi, its a really soothing experience for the whole family. Really love it and we would be planning for another visit to Sentosa Regency in the near future ( My next vacation would be in August , this hotel is well worth the frequent visit ;)

Room Tip: Choose the Suite room that has a big and working Jacuzzi .
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mdazlanq8
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Not a lot either for or against this property. It's pretty much average in every respect. There is a battle for parking if you happen to be there when a wedding reception is taking place, but otherwise there are enough spots in the forecourt. The spill-over is at the rear of the hotel but that can be filled on such occasions. Breakfast choices are not as extensive as we had seen in other, similarly priced hotel restaurants. Good eating is only a few steps away in the many nearby eateries. Good in-room internet is assured with wireless routers adorning the corridors on the floor on which we stayed. Presume the entire property is so equipped.

Room Tip: Little to choose from with regard to views. We were rear-side so traffic noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norman K
Sales S, Manager at Sentosa Regency Hotel Alor Setar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Norman K,

Thank You for your valuable feedback.

We are currently looking at our breakfast choice and would improve in the near future.

We sincerely hope that you will stay with us in the near future. We looking forward to welcome you again.

Best Regards,
Sales Department

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Had a great time. Good value for money. My car broke down on arrival and every staffs were very helpful to point out where I can get my car fixed. There's a great Salam restaurant nextdoor.... hence food was not a problem. The service was good and rooms well maintained. Parking was easy. Managed to park infront for both days. The staffs were friendly. Would definitely come here again with my family.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ford006
Sales S, Manager at Sentosa Regency Hotel Alor Setar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear Ford,

We are delight that you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Best Regards,