“Good hardwares but the staffs really need to gear up themselves. ”
Review of Grand Alora Hotel

Grand Alora Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Alor Setar
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I didn't make a reservation for this hotel as the hotel i intended to stay was in a very lousy condition, thus we changed or mind to try alora. When I was at the lobby looking at the hotel room type and prices before I make up my mind , we bumped into the GM of this hotel . After understood our need he offered a superior room with a complimentary extra bed.

But it took us more than 4 hours to check in to our room as a lot of hiccups happened in between and apparently the staffs are not well trained in providing good service.

The breakfast is very basic and doesn't taste good at all. The waiter / waitresses at the restaurant are not well trained , slow service , dirty floor and dirty uniform !

Although I like the hotel room but I guess I will stay in another hotel if I were to visit AS again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank andrewchengyc
There are newer reviews for Grand Alora Hotel

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Arrived around 5pm today. Checked in. Horribly when I open the room, room is still in a mess. Housekeeping said, "who sell the room". Do I care?!!. Anyway, patiently I went to lobby, return the key, told them I'll go for dinner and come back. Arrived at 7.45pm, room is still not ready. Exchange a room, it's smoking, twin sharing which is opposite from my request of king bed and non-smoking. I called the front desk, the answer is, we have high volume guests that check out today. King size room is not ready. My fault?? What do they do in 2 5 hours? Geezz.. luckily I met the GM and he gave me a card. Called their GM, return called by staff after 12 minutes. Clock is still ticking waiting for front desk to send me another room.20 minutes. Staff arrived. My god, good hotel? Bad hotel? You judge. By the way, rate for the cheapest room is RM199++. most exp in Alor Setar? Perhaps... i'll think twice... I pity the GM if he needs to resolve such issue.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SengYP
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here for 2 nights during last school holiday. I was impressed by the reservation officer-Gopi for his great job in ensuring my reservation and stay a pleasant one.
We arrived quite early in alor star and i called to request for early check-in at 1pm.
The room we've stayed was the standard one but it is very spacious and equipped with necessary items that not all the hotel would provide i.e iron & ironing board, praying mat. They even offer me an extra bed for my daughter FOC!
Few items to add for further improvement;
1. Kiblat locator in each and every room
2. Soap holder in the shower
3. Some chairs/bench and tables at the swimming pool

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Nurul A
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been looking forward to check in to Grand Alora since before it's oppening. The room is decent in size, lavishly overlooking Alor Setar skyline. The check in was a breeze, generous welcomke from all the reception staff. The room look new from top to bottom. Breakfast spread is not huge but really good food.The little issue I have is there is no place to put bathroom amanities in the shower room.

Met the FOM at the lobby who talk bad about his previous work place and it happens to be my current work place. Mmmm how's that :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank anuarLGK
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Room was good. Location was okay too. Everybody are friendly. Good breakfast too. But the construction is still going on with a minimal sound. Just need to put something in bathroom floor cause it very slippery when wet. The lobby look empty. Overall it a value good stay. We enjoyed it

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ady_kdh
Grand_Alora_Hotel_AS, General Manager at Grand Alora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Greetings aidyrasid. Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We also value your constructive comments and we will look into the bathroom floor matter. We hope to accommodate you once again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hotel is brand new, some building work still underway but stopped reasonably early. All facilities top notch. Very good beds and bed linen. Breakfast was nothing exciting but ok. Location is on outskirts of town so not so good for exploring Alor Setar but there is a big shopping mall opposite and plenty of eating options. Probably best with own transport. We got a very good rate so excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings and thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We are currently giving promotions for our food and beverage outlets and we hope that you could try them one day to taste our exquisite meals that we offer.
We hope to accommodate you once again in the near future.
Thank You.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Was looking forward to using the swimming pool and gym but it is still under renovation which was somewhat a disappointment. Service is naturally good since there is hardly anyone and the hotel is new, room is nice as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Parthogenesis

Greetings and thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We regret to hear that you are disappointed on the swimming pool and gym matter. However, we assure you that we aim to give the best quality for our swimming pool and gym for your comfort and convenience. Our swimming pool will be ready very soon (middle March), while our gym will be ready by June.
We hope to accommodate you once again in the near future.
Thank You.