“A good location away from main drag but still on beach!”

Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi
Ranked #21 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here with a bunch of friends we had 4 rooms. The staff were very helpful an accommodating in trying to place us close by. The pool was lovely and the beach easy to reach. The variety in food was good and the spa excellent. We would most definitely return some of our friends had been here 3 times before. I agree with the age of the property but for the country it was well worth what we paid. Breakfast was great buffet style. Many restaurants close enough for cheaper dinner options.

Room Tip: I was located on 2nd floor overlooking pool and beach. Better than ground floor which has a lot of p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear M/M LuluKuwait,

Thank you for your kind comments and constructive feedback on your recent stay with us.

It is our greatest pleasure to ensure that our guests enjoy themselves at the resort. We are pleased that the receptionist has performed well by accommodating your 4 rooms close by.

We are also pleased that you have enjoyed our buffet breakfast spread and spa facilities.

We thank you for choosing to return stay with us again.

For future reservations, kindly email directly to us at reservation@lgkhvl.com and hope to see you soon back to Holiday Villa Langkawi!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed for 2 nights recently and was a little disappointed with the resort. The room was very dated, the bathroom mirrors are going black and the bathroom overall is dirty and old. The air conditioning was noisy and not very effective. The noise from the air conditioner however was not loud enough to drown out the noise of other tourists returning to their rooms during the night. The pool is nice however the resort has allowed a private business build a lovely wet edge pool and bar between the resort pool and the beach which means you can't see the beach from the pool any more and you miss the lovely sunsets. To top it off you have to pay RM25 to use the infinity pool which is on the resort grounds. There were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room even though they advertise that they do. I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be quieter and have less Mosquitos fly in.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie192014

Dear M/M Julie192014,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with a constructive feedback.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience experienced by you and your family and we would like to reassure you that we have newly renovated room with renovated bathroom. Our resorts are constantly looking into corrective measures to continuously improve our products and facilities.

We have 04 swimming pools as part of the hotel facilities for guests free usage and it is further complemented with our New Infinity LaVilla Pool club. Our resorts also provide ample sun lounger on the beach free usage for our room guests to enjoy the beautiful sunset.

Our in-room facilities consist of safety box usage located in the closet and minibar in a cabinet below the television dressing table. The coffee and tea making facilities is also kept in a cabinet next to the minibar.

We hope that this experience will not deter you from patronizing at our resort in near future, which we will be glad to welcome your family and you back again to try our newly renovated rooms.

Please do contact us directly at admin@lgkhvl.com the next time your travels bring you this way and we will ensure to take good care of you and your family.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

stayed here for 2 nights and I did not get quality sleeps. The rooms are creepy with old furniture and bad lighting. The bedsheet are very old and old fashion. Shower has a good pressure but the sewage to flow the water out from shower room are not good (but its not clog), it just takes longer time to flow the water out from shower area. the only good thing about this hotel is they have big swimming pool and good breakfast. Apart from that, nothing is worth the stay for. If you like private beach and big swimming pool, this is a place for you but privacy and quality, this hotel just dont have.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear M/M Bai_lao_su,

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

We sincerely appreciate the time taken to write us a review.

We apologize for not meeting up to your expectation.

The issues raised in your feedback are definitely something that our office will seriously look into for corrective actions and continuous improvement on our products.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights from 4-7 April 2014. This is my THIRD stay and I wouldn't mind coming back. I do see that the hotel is rather aged but I somehow feel, this is the very charm of the hotel -I am not really one for modern state of the art interiors. Check in was fast and easy and what I most appreciate is that a lovely receptionist by the name of Siti Hajar actually let us choose our rooms when I requested (and paid for - at a very good discount) a bigger room. Naturally we chose one facing the beach and my sister, mum and nephew enjoyed ourselves, very much like the first 2 times we were here.

I see great effort from the management to improve - when once there was NO complimentary bottled water, we now get 1 big bottle (although I must say, 1 bottle to be shared between 3 adults is not enough). I love the new infinity pool and the new restaurant as well. I understand that the management is working towards free wi-fi and I hope that this will be up and running when i next visit this place.

Breakfast service was also okay and the staff very efficient and friendly despite the crowd.

I still, unfortunately cannot rate this place with a 5 ranking as there are of course things that need immediate attention:
(a) My 2 year old nephew kept throwing things under the bed and my sister had to retrieve them- she reported seeing dead cockroaches and a lot of dust under the bed - perhaps room service should be a little more thorough in cleaning the rooms.
(b) the sea and beach are a little bit dirtier than when I was here April 2013. I was put off when i saw some wrappers floating in the sea. Please do something immediately to address this as the sea is a major plus point to your establishment.
(c) at the check out counter, one really helpful receptionist by the name of Nadya was trying her best when another staff by the name of Alan or something proceeded to greet the woman behind me and said "it is okay Dr, come forward, let me help you". I was NOT appreciative of the fact that this lady got called up to squeeze right next to me when my checking out was only halfway processed. This Alan continued to harass this Nadya to hurry up with my checking out as she now had to quickly help the DOCTOR check out. Please stop this. Each and every one of your guests are equally important and if you have staff wanting to butter up to other guests, please advise them to keep it personal.

Having said all that, Holiday Villa Langkawi will always be my favourite hotel to stay at when in Langkawi. I hope to see more improvements in the future but either way, I will be back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor are more spacious - if you have a little extra cash, splurge on these.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AfniAdnan

Dear M/M Afni Adnan,

Thank you for taking valuable time to provide us a review on your experienced staying with us.

We are most appreciative of your comments and thank you from our heart for making our hotel your favorites.

Constructive comments from our valued guests are the reasons we are able to continuously improve our service and facilities.

Once again thank you for choosing to return stay with us and we look forward to your next return stay.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Not sure how this place stays on float, probably due to a flow of package tourists. Rooms are terrible for the money you pay, every piece of furniture and utilities is old and worn out, huge cockroaches is adding to a picture.
Only good thing is the secluded uncrowded beach and limited warersports activities which sometimes spoil the leisure beach day in more popular langkawi areas.

Room Tip: not sure that there's a good room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Egor S

Dear M/M Egor S,

Thank you for your review during your stay with us.

We are most concerned to learn of the setback you have experienced and have immediately carried out a thorough investigation.

Our investigation involved the engagement of A Professional Pest Control Company to eradicate and performed control measures on pest in our hotel. The Pest Control company has immediately come and performed an immediate residual check and treatment. The Pest Control concludes that there are no infestations of pest in our resort. They have also provided us a thorough report on common pest that are found on Langkawi Island. They emphasize pest like lizard, cockroach, mosquito, fly's and small insects are very common in country with warm climate and more so in Langkawi with tropical rain forest and green garden's. Therefore hotels and resort have appointed professional pest control whole year round to eradicate and control pest.

We are sorry that you find our resort “just terrible" and we wished that you could have point out to us during your stay the furniture and utilities that you have found old and worn out in order for us to immediately address the issues. We have also tried searching your history in our check in system in order to trace your room number for our onward rectification unfortunately we could not trace a registration under Egor S.

We sincerely hope you could contact us at admin@lgkhvl.com and provide us your room registration information.

M/M Egor S once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and we thank you for your valuable review.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I booked the Holiday Villa due to its 4 star rating and attractive room and facility as portrayed in ads and their website pictures. However, I was dissappointed during my stay. The hotel needs to be refurbished badly. It looks worn out and the only good thing was the big pool.

The room smelt and there were no bedroom slippers for the wood floor. When I checked with reception they said I didn't ask for it and so they did not give me. I was never told about it upon check in that I should ask. Wifi is payable after certain hours, no coffee or tea facilites in room. My bed sheets were worn out. The carpet was browning in colour. The toilets were dusty and stained. Bad shower head. The breakfast buffet was tasteless, so I walked up to the chef making omellettes and asked for an omellette. He pointed to a plate with readymade ones, left out for a bit and tasted rubbery. The chefs should make fresh ones and not be lazy. The cheese was sweating due to lack of cooling and tasted bad.

The only thing I liked about my stay here was the friendly reception staff and pool staff and the size of the pool that came with a pool bar.

I would not stay here again for the price I could get a better hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tj f

Dear M/M Tjfran77,

Thank you for taking valuable time to provide us a review.

We are most concerned to learn of the setback you have experienced during your stay with us.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We wish to reassure you that we have taken immediate action to rectify all issues highlighted.

We also thank you sincerely from our heart on the positive comments on our staff friendliness.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Room was spacious and fine for two people but the bed was very hard. Check in speedy and we got into our room early. Breakfast was OK but the one lunch I had there was awful. The staff were very uninterested in serving me and preferred to carry on with a private conversation. Loved the private beach just wished that people cleaned up after themselves and not leave rubbish lying around. The jet-skis were pretty expensive for a short hire.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday V, Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear M/M JanieT,

Thank you for taking valuable time to write us a review.

We are most appreciative of your constructive comments and wish to reassure you that we will seriously look into it for corrective actions and continuous improvement on our products and services.