Citin Hotel Langkawi
US$272
US$177
Westin.com
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$332
Official Site
US$246
US$149
  • Pool
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$230
US$218
US$121
US$113
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskuah towneagle squarewalking distancefree shopsrenting a carjettymalacleanlinessduty
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I booked here after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and the rebuttals from management. I arrived on the ferry from Penang at 11 am and endeavored to walk to the hotel from the ferry jetty. It is possible, It was a bit more than 2km but it might be more comfortable taking a taxi to arrive in 10 minutes or less in an air conditioned vehicle. (8RM) As was previously mentioned, no surprise that arriving at 12noon probably means no rooms available, but the desk clerk put us in a room as quickly as possible. I liked the room in the back as it was not so noisy and the airconditioning worked great. There was running hot and cold water in the shower. The desk clerk then arranged for us to rent motorbikes to tour the island which I would highly recommend.The breakfast was good and standard fare for Malaysia, noodles, chicken sausage, orange juice, cut watermelon and melon, potato salad. There was free wifi in the lobby. If you're looking for a resort, this is not the place. But if you're looking for one of the more economical hotels then this could be your choice

Room Tip: ask for a "not too noisy room" and give them advance notice
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewguySFO
Citin_Hotel_Manager, Hotel Manager at Citin Hotel Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear NewguySFO,

Thank you for the detailed feedback on Citin Langkawi! We praise you for the effort and time taken to do it.

We are most delighted to know that our product and service has been up to your standards. I am glad to know all our hard work for the past months have finally paid off. I will encourage my team to keep up the good work with the mentality that - your satisfaction is our top priority.

The Citin brand is proud to be a hotel that is valuable for money, clean and easy accessibility with a strategic location.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future! Till then, take care and all the best.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Overall, pleasant service i might say from the management. Was pleasantly surprised with the attention to detail that was given during my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TanSriAfiqAzman

Dear TanSriAfiqAzman,

Many thanks for your review of our service from the team of Citin Langkawi!

We are most delighted to know we managed to fulfil all your request and queries upon check-in. I have shared with the team of Citin Langkawi to further encourage them to keep up the good service for future guest.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the near future should you need anything.
We hope to be able to serve you again !

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 4 March 2012

This Hotel provides one of the most friendliest service for this category of hotel.
We were pleasantly surprised by the 5 star rating service for the price we paid.
We were greeted with cold linen for our tired hands and face and pandan water
on a silver plate with orchid. We knew this is the beginning of a good trip.
What a welcome!!!!!!
It has firm beds, clean linens and best of all rainshowers which are so rare.
The various channels was great in a spacious room.
The manager was most efficient and friendly in providing personalised service.
Staffs were very friendly. Good place for good value........ RM

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank pieksee

Dear pieksee,

Thank you for writing about your experience at Citin Langkawi !

I have shared your comments with the team and encouraged them to continue providing this level of service to future guest. You could not encourage us more!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and serve you here at Citin Langkawi.

All the best in your future endeavours!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

If you are going to book a room at this hotel, I would suggest getting a room that doesn't face the street. There is a mosque across the street, and it is so LOUD. The prayer in the morning starts at 6:15am so my friend and I could never sleep in. Other than this, the hotel is a good value. It's far from everywhere so you'll end up spending more money on cabs. Also, when I checked out early in the morning the guy working at the desk in the morning was quite useless and has his friends hanging out there. I think they'd been partying all night. Other than that, the staff was generally friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the street!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erica W
Citin_Hotel_Manager, Hotel Manager at Citin Hotel Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Erica W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We apologize that we have not met your expectations in terms of sleep quality. Our mistake is that we did not allocate you at the back of the hotel instead where the sound is blocked off. Our front rooms are usually reserved for the locals as the mosque is essential to them being an Islamic country.

We apologize for the actions of the front office man and if it is any consolation, I would like to inform you that he has been let go of his job. I appreciate the opportunity to learn and to share it with the rest of the team in order for us to continue to grow.

We are glad you had a safe trip back to Australia and if possible, we would love to serve you once again in the near future and show you an improve Citin Langkawi.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I read the reviews for this site some time ago, the comments were generally positive and I was impressed that the manager took the time to answer each post. When it came time to visit Langkawi, I booked here for 1 night to see what it was like.
I have to agree with the last few reviews. The hotel is in the town, 24K from the beach, and, through no fault of the hotel or the staff, and irrespective of the merits of the hotel itself, the town is not where you want to be.
I told the staff that I did not want to stay there, and even though they have subsequently billed me for the night, I did the right thing. Think it through before you book this one ....

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Sam G
Citin_Hotel_Manager, Hotel Manager at Citin Hotel Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Sam G,

I am grateful that you have taken time to write a feedback for this hotel. I appreciate your experience and view points on this hotel. I am also thankful that you have acknowledged that in no way the service of the hotel has played a part in the projection of this review.

Sam G, I apologized that the hotel's location was not up to your best interest ; having a beachfront, but I must refute on the title of the feedback that you have given. Indeed our location of our hotel is situated in the heart of town which is 20 minutes away from the beach of Pantai Cenang. However, we are strategically located near the main jetty point, hospitals and clinics for the family members of the treated, Eagle Square, various eateries for the food hunters, shopping haven for the shopaholics and many more.

In understanding the location, the hotel takes much effort in assisting all valued guest to arrange for cars and scooter rentals. The self exploration of the island is one of the keys to fully enjoying oneself here at Langkawi.

If I may, allow me this opportunity to inform all future guest that the location of the hotel is not a full reflection of its fullest potential.

I hope you enjoyed Langkawi nevertheless. The island hopes to welcome you back in the near future. Till then, God bless.