“A Pleasant Surprise”

Citin Hotel Langkawi
Ranked #41 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Citin Langkawi offered simple and affordable accommodation, with good value for money. The hotel felt new as my room was spic and span, as was already telling by the initial outlook and primness of the lobby. As no frills accommodations go, you basically get what you pay for, minus shabby and run down rooms, beds etc, a common misconception of budget hotels.

Location was good, Kuah town central, nearby conveniences and eateries; Malay, Chinese and Indian cuisine and seafood of course. Bed was comfy, sheets were clean, flat screen TV with satellite channels, toilet with rain shower and overall a well maintained room.

The website provides specific room facilities and all of which were published were offered in my room, with rain shower to boot! Have read a few negative reviews and think they are quite unfair seeing that they commented on its location (in central Kuah Town) as opposed to touristy beach areas, as this was already stated on their website. Also reviews on its lack of room facilities were uncalled for, taking into account the hotel's transparency on what is or isn't provided on the website, one cannot pay for paste and expect platinum.

Room Tip: While it isn't generally a busy area, if you're fussy about noise, ask for a recommendation...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Citin_Hotel_Manager, Hotel Manager at Citin Hotel Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear SteelMagnolia18

Warm Greeting!

Thank you for choosing Citin Hotel Langkawi as your preferred hotel during your visit to Langkawi. We are delighted to have you stay with us.

We are appreciative of your feedback and review.

We thank you for the kind words ushered towards our location, product and service.

Once again, Citin Hotel genuinely thank you for your involvement in supporting us to grow from strength to strength. We humbly request you to stay with us as our esteemed guest on your next trip to Langkawi.

Your Sincerely,
Mariamma Munisamy

Reviewed 11 May 2012

No windows, No toothbrush & toothpaste, No shaver, No complimentary bottled water, No free breakfast (paid rm12/day), No In-room safe, No coffee/tea maker (Need to get hot/cold water near the front desk.), No refrigerator and No elevators.

Noise came from the bathroom 24hrs/day, can't have a good sleep, seem noise came from generators at the void area, noise also from the coffee shop below (staffs busying washing the plates and glases) and also from guests closing their doors. Bed sheet not clean, felt bed bugs biting me.

There is internet in the room. Good cable/free channels on TV. Breakfast is OK but limited choice.

Room Tip: I think the better rooms are at the real, not front or middle.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2012

It has been a long time since I have been to Langkawi. I viewed the rooms on the internet and when I got there the rooms were exactly like the pictures online. I have to say I enjoyed my stay there and was surprised to even get a flat screen TV in my room and even satellite TV, what a treat! The towels were fresh, the bed sheets was clean, the room was spic and span, I am telling ya.

The staff was friendly especially Hans the young manager who kept asking if everything was good. I enjoyed the hospitality and would go back there again.

Room Tip: If you like the sun in the morning to shine on your face like I do, pick the rooms where the windows...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Citin_Hotel_Manager, Hotel Manager at Citin Hotel Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Howenow,

It was a fantastic experience for my team and myself to serve you.

We are so happy that you enjoyed our products and services of Citin Langkawi. We cannot ask for a better comment and we thank you for the kind words ushered to us and me.

It was my pleasure to have been able to assist you while you were away from home.
I hope that in the near future, you will be able to come back to Langkawi!

My team and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours !

Reviewed 5 May 2012

Let's see, I was introduced by a fren to pick this hotel for my trip to langkawi for 4 days 3 nights(to be exact is 3 days 3 night as 1st day we arrive at close to 11pm). So, I decided to took their room offers, I also get the hotel staff to arrange transport for us when we reach the airport to send us to the hotel and also booked a van thru them for the remaining of the trip. Everything is very reasonable in terms of pricing. Ur getting what u paid for. No complains. When we reached the hotel, we were greeted warmly by the hotel manager, and the staff. The rooms, and everything in the room is totally fine and clean. Bed is nice, aircond is cold enuff. Overall, u won't be disappointed with everything offered by citin.

Also I particularly would like to highlight the manager, John and also his staff, Marie for keeping the whole booking process neat and simple. They are very helpful throughout the whole process of booking the hotel, providing me advice on activities that I should do in langkawi, and also arranging activities that I would like to do in langkawi, no doubt we can google everything up ourself, but hearing from John about activities to do in langkawi just add the extra spice and the expectation and excitement to look forward for the activity is all met. We are totally happy with everything arrange by citin, advices given by them is spot on. Its definitely a pleasant stay and wonderful experience throughout the whole stay.

Thanks for the awesome experience!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Lucas Loke
Citin_Hotel_Manager, Hotel Manager at Citin Hotel Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Dear Lucas Loke,

We cannot thank you enough for writing such a positive feedback to my team and I here at Citin Langkawi.

It is indeed a joy to learn that our service and product has surpass your expectations. I have already shared your comments to my team and in particular Marie for her job well done. We thank you for the encouragement.

I am happy to know that I could be of help with your various queries. The team at Citin Langkawi surely enjoyed ourselves serving you and your entourage.

Once again, I thank you for choosing us and should there be an opportunity in the future, we look forward to serving you again Mr Lucas.

Till then, all the best and God bless.

Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

It was my first time go to Langkawi. I found Citin Hotel review from internet. I like the room when I see the photos.
Me and my friends total 6 person went to Citin Hotel directly from the airport and booked 2 rooms for 1 night. They gave us additional pillow, total 3 pillows each room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are bigger than I thought, nice bathroom (warm water), mineral water provided. The only thing should be improved are breakfast menu and the dining room (smell of wall paint) but the rest are good. Good value for money. We satisied with the service and decided to extend to stay at Citin for another 1 night.

• Stayed: April 2012
Citin_Hotel_Manager, Hotel Manager at Citin Hotel Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear starliteblue,

We are so thankful of your beautiful comments towards our hotel, service and products!

It is indeed our pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations. We thank you choosing us as your choice of stay and even extending. I have already passed on your feedback to my staff as an encouragement to keep up their good work.

Regarding the breakfast and smell of wet paint, I sincerely apologize. The timing you came was during our renovation. However I am glad to inform you that renovation work is finished. I hope to welcome you back to taste our new improved scrumptious breakfast.

We hope to see you again in the near future and serve you. God bless and take care!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Old building but well decorated in the citin style. The staff were most helpful and pleasant and spoke excellent english. While the rooms facing the road were noisy and smoke from the corridors entered the aircon into some of the rooms, the accommodation was good value and, with a young manager keen to improve the restaurant layout and introduce western food, the prospects for the boutique hotel are great.

Room Tip: Choose a rear room and the hotel gives good value on its tour program much cheaper than i could find...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Citin_Hotel_Manager, Hotel Manager at Citin Hotel Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear GoldcoastBarry,

We are so thankful for your nice comment towards our location,service and product. It was indeed a joy to host your extended family and yourself in Langkawi.

Indeed, we are striving to provide a more scrumptious breakfast and I am glad our efforts are recognized. I have shared this with the team and it is such a timely encouragement to them.

I will definitely look into the "smoke" from the corridors as this is unacceptable. Thank you for allowing us to improve ourselves.

Once again, we thank you and we hope to be able to serve you in the near future.
Till then God Bless.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Located in Kuah. So its kinda far from the main attractions in Langkawi like the Cable car and skybridge. But very close to the jetty point. Since most ppl rent a car and the drive is very pleasant, this should not be as issue. The staff is very friendly. Not a very classy or high end hotel but good value for money. The rooms and the bathrooms are not too big.Close to Langkawi mall and a few low end restaurants. Its better to have dinner elsewhere like Pentai Cenang before retiring to the room for the night since their restaurant is not open late in the night. Overall, not a bad place.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are better since there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Citin_Hotel_Manager, Hotel Manager at Citin Hotel Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear magara,

Thank you writing a constructive feedback for our hotel. We are happy to hear that we have managed to satisfy your expectations.

I must comment that you have made the right choice with renting your transportation to self explore. Indeed Langkawi is a beautiful island waiting to be unearthed by new visitors each day.

Thank you for choosing us and Citin Langkawi hopes to welcome you back in the near future for a value stay once again!