“They put in their best effort to please...”
Review of Hotel Langkasuka

Hotel Langkasuka
Ranked #60 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
Putrajaya, Malaysia
“They put in their best effort to please...”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The most recent stay at Langkasuka was for an official government meeting. As such, the experience of staying at this hotel may be different from other guests who paid their own room bills. Overall, I can attest that Langkasuka has improved notably compared to my first stay way back in 2009. The room I was assigned (1015) appeared better furnished, still at its basic level, but no longer as spartan as how it was before. Though basic, the bathroom is still well-equipped with the necessary towels and toiletries, and should be considered above average for a 2-star rated hotel. This room (and I assumed for the whole row) offers a pleasant evening view of the sea (but with some distraction of an uncompleted construction). I don't quite enjoy the location as its quite a walk to Kuah town, and quite way off any of the popular beach destinations. Overall 4-day stay can be rated as comfortable, with the biggest plus point being the management and cafe staff giving their best effort to please you with their excellent set lunch and dinner throughout the meeting duration. Avoid Langkasuka if you are really into resort-like facilities during your Langkawi vacation. But if basic accomodation is all that you need for your family, the spacious rooms in Langkasuka may offer you the best of bargains!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I went here with my girlfriend in 2009 (I know its a late review!). The room is huge and comfortable. There is a simple and cosy dinner downstairs that is cheap (about RM4-5 per plate) and it pretty romantic for simple travellers like myself.

Don't bother about the private beach as it is infested with jelly fish. U simply have a private beach to suntan.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Kuantan, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Pros:
1) strategic location at Kuah. Shopping complex is just below. Shophouses nearby.
2) a lot of parking lots available for driven vehicle.

Cons:
1) professionalism of the staff: 1 front desk staff was unfriendly & quite rude (female staff) while attending to customer.
2) reservation management: they have loss my booking; which was made through phone a few days earlier.
3) cafe: not many variety of food available during breakfast. And the cafe is quite smelly.
4) room: can get a better hotel with the price paid. Maintenance of the room was quite bad. Lots of damage everywhere. Toilet was unsafe; slippery tiles. Bad housekeeping.

• Stayed January 2012

Travellers are raving about these Langkawi hotels

Alor Star. Kedah
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Prefer the standard room (basic room) to the superior room but the standard room is 1/2 the size of superior or deluxe room.
Stayed there as shopping complex is just next door.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Anne_My
Karachi
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel in July. it was recommended by someone in my family who said that it was cheap and good value for money. It was near the airport so we didn't have to look around for it (we rented a car). We had booked two double rooms and we were given a room on the 2nd floor. When we were taken to our rooms, we found them to be spacious and clean. However, this hotel has a big insect problem. There were lizards in our bathroom almost every night. Weirdo looking insects were in our room. The air conditioner was pretty useless. It worked enough to make the room pleasant. The wall sockets were only triple pinned and when i asked for a converter, the hotel did not have one so i could not charge my camera the whole 6 days we were there. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. They had a variety of things and also had a waffle station and a pancake station. the swimming pool is very nice but the beach is devoid of any water sports facility. We only used the pool twice. Instead we would just drive to Cenang beach and spend our days there. DO NOT take the tours given by the hotel. They are very overpriced. Overall our experience was okay at best. Will i return? Probably not

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank OAlvi
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Am & my family had stayed there 10 times already...
Its nice room, good food, clean,friendly staff & good location to shopping area at kelibang,pdg mayak...centre in kuah.

Thanks..TA
Overland-Transfer

Roslan cr.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I would like to share my unpleasant experience during my recent stay at the hotel from the 23-26 Dec. I was disappointed with the state of my hotel room, the service provided by the staff and the food served. Amongst other things, the phone in my room was spoilt (even after the staff changed it twice), the mini fridge was also spoilt, the light bulb in the room was blown out and there was rubbish and dust under my bed (it seemed they didnt bother to vacuum the room). These are only a few of the pblms that i encounter. The breakfast spread was minimal and BORING. (same food for all the 3 days). The staff were unfriendly and could do better in their customer service. I would not recommend this hotel to other ppl and this would be my 1st and last stay at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family