“Not to be missed !”

Langkawi Canopy Adventures
Ranked #12 of 53 Tours in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are bored of hanging around at the beach all day, the canopy adventure is the right thing to do for you!2-3 Hours of adrenalin rush, fun and adventure. Finally a tour that lives up to his name! It's a mix of hiking, climbing, balancing, abseiling and sliding through the jungle. Some things you have to do look easier than they really are, others look totally scary but are pure fun once you took the plunge.The scenery during the activity is breathtaking, especially towards the end of the tour when you zipline into a very very tall tree and there is only one way down!!! It is a somehow weird feeling standing 30 meters above ground and somebody is telling you to just lean back. But when you are back on the ground afterwards you wanna do it again. Definitely come back to Langkawi and do this trip again! Highly Recommended!
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Not to be missed !”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Came across this by accident while looking up things to do in Langkawi. Checked out the reviews and talked the Mrs into it...

Gave Ashraf (Ash) a call, they were already booked up for the day, but was lucky to be able to get a slot first thing next day. Ash was very flexible. Even agreed to do it early as we had to fly out to KL in the afternoon. Willing to pick us up with luggage and drop us at the airport afterwards.

After booking, read a bit more about it and showed the wife a few pics of what's involved. Started getting a bit nervous about it, especially the Mrs. I did ask about fitness and told them we were not 'fit' but would happily be able to go for a long several mile walk. and he was happy with that.

The 700+ steps at the start sounded scarier than it turned out. It's not all steep uphill, plenty of fairly shallow steps and even the steeper bits aren't that steep. Just take your time and breaks as you need to. And of course lots of fluids, more on that later.

The hard bit for us were the climbs at the start (after the stairs). I spend all my time at a desk working on a laptop, so no upper body strength. Again, allowed plenty of time for breaks etc. and got there in the end.

I asked if they had dealt with people much less fit than ourselves and were told much much less fit...

One thing worth mentioning.

I tend to drink a lot of fluids generally and I guess it's because I need them. With the climate and the exercise, I had been been sweating heavily. Despite drinking lots of fluids, by the time I got to the tree climb I started feeling light headed and had to sit down. More fluids wasn't helping. Happens to me after some exercise sometimes. Anyway, Ash pulled out a bottle of water and popped in some salt tablets. A couple of sips of that and I was feeling much better. Guess I needed the salts as much as the water... Learned a bit about myself :) Good to see the instructors prepared.

Which leads me to the safety side. All the gear was in very good condition, you could see the instructors were up to scratch and we felt safety was handled very well throughout. I was going to say we felt totally safe throughout, but that's not technically true. Safety was great, but it was still scary, especially for the Mrs if that makes sense.

We were not walking around covered in padding or anything, just helmets, harnesses, gloves and (your own) decent footwear. So it is still possible to say trip over, loose your grip or twist your ankle say. But you were securely fastened, always with two ropes letting you switch one fastener at a time to a new point while still secured by another, so no risk of plunging several meters to your demise as it were. It is important to listen to them when they explain to you what to do though.

Last couple of points:

The Instructors Ash and AP were great throughout. We engaged them in a bit of banter and they were more than happy to do the same. Very patient, not rushing you or anything. Made it all enjoyable. Wife was a bit anxious about a couple of bits and they were happy to offer some gentle encouragement when needed :)

In terms Light vs Full. Not much difference between the lite and full versions in terms of effort. More to do with the additional exciting long zip line and tree drop abseiling at the end. Well worth it.

As you can probably gather by now, the Mrs and I loved it. I've wanted to do something like this for ages and I can't believe the Mrs was up for it and came through. Something she and I are really chuffed about.

In terms of suitable for families, probably not for younger kids (teens would be fine). There may be a minimum height requirement. Worth asking.

I've indicated more than 3 hours allowing travel time and more breaks for the less fit, but probably more like 2-3 of actual activity time. There were just the 2 of us, so bit longer if there are more of you.

6 out of 5.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Zuber_Bunglawala

Singapore, Singapore
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Exciting and fun! Must try!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We did the full version course and it was really fun. Everything was guided well and safe. We felt very safe and enjoyed every single course. Ash and his partner are very experienced instructors. We particularly like the last part where we will be air trekking for 100m and then descend down a 30m huge tree. Never regret trying this! Spectacular views too!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank tangotan7
London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A fun morning amongst the treetops!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We took part in the canopy tour whilst staying in Langkawi for a week and it proved to be a fun and challenging activity.
Lasting two hours, the tour involved a moderate walk along a stairway and into a forested area in the Lubuk Semilang park. Full equipment was provided including safety kit, all necessary harnesses, and we were fully supervised and well looked after at all times by the two friendly guides who accompanied us. They ensured we were safe at all times and explained everything fully. Everything seemed well maintained.
The tour itself included some challenging climbing obstacles, zip wires and abseiling. We took the longer course option and whilst we consider ourselves fairly fit, it still proved to be a challenge but very rewarding.
It's

3 Thank Alan C
Falkirk, United Kingdom
177 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 221 helpful votes
“Ar trekking through the jungle”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Pre booked online 48 hours before our trip (taken on 4th March). We were picked up at our hotel promptly at 8:30am (by Ash) as described and advised another party had cancelled and we (a party of 2) were on our own. We arrived a the site approx. 20 mins after collection and met up with our tour guide (Ippey ?) and given/fitted with our climbing equipment. We were then led on an approx. 30 min trek through (& up) through the jungle. In the current very dry conditions it was broken by several water stops as well as numerous information stops about the local flora and fauna (very interesting). We chose the FULL course (not LITE) and thoroughly enjoyed having the personal touch with no other tour member soother than ourselves. Once we got to the first task we met up again with Ash who assisted our guide in ensuring our safety at every step of the way. We had an absolutely fantastic time challenging ourselves in trying conditions with great help and guidance from our tour guides.We always felt safe and were never pushed beyond or limits (well not much). This is a great half day out to challenge yourself away from the pool/beach and get an up close and personal tour of the rainforest/jungle. We even got to see the Great Hornbill and numerous other wildlife. Thoroughly recommended.

2 Thank TartanTeddyBear
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Awesome Awesome!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My friend and I arrived late to Langkawi and wanted to make the most of our 2 short nights. We checked with our tour agent at our resort but none of the activities looked appealing. We stumbled upon Langkawi Canopy Adventures website, read some of the reviews and decided that this was the thing to do. My friend is not at all an outdoorsy person but she had the best experience. They accommodated our late request to join the tour early the next morning (responded via email instantly) and even picked us up at our resort. We first decided on the lite version but couldn't resist the beautiful sites and adrenaline rush from all the other activities, so we carried on with the full version and was not disappointed. The crew, Ashraff and Ap were amazing instructors.. Very kind and patient. My friend could not ask for more, being the "chicken s**t" she is. Thank you again!! A MUST if you're staying in Langkawi and want to experience something new and exciting.

2 Thank Ro M