“Burnt Eyes and Given Less Time - Worst Exp Ever”
Review of Alun Alun Spa

Alun Alun Spa
Ranked #2 of 33 Spas & Wellness in Langkawi
Reviewed 22 September 2013

my husband and I booked in for a couples massage, upon arrival we were impressed with the service and rooms. Firstly let me point out the massage tables are hard and the hole you put your head through you could feel wood, not comfortable at all. The massage started and I heard my husband yell out, the oil burner sitting near his face was tipped over and ran in his eyes. The therapist offered to get some tissues for him, no offer to clean his eyes or flush them out. I advised him to clean his eyes with water. My therapist was tough as old boots and booking in for the relaxation massage was far from relaxing. I had to ask 3 times for it to be softer. After my partner had his eyes burnt the therapist left the room for 10 mins to clean up the mess. We both finished our treatment at the same time. When I spoke with the manager when we left they apologised but we couldn't understand why you would put hot oil next to someone's face. We were given a 23 ringit refund on our 150 ringit treatment, what an insult. Wont be returning. Worst service ever.

1  Thank Frequentoztravellers

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I visited Alun Alun at Pentai Cenang twice during my week long stay in Langkawi.

On both occasions I had the two hour herbal oil massage with Redy as the masseuse.

This was fantastic and Redy is exceptionally talented as a masseuse. She worked solely on my back and shoulders for an hour which were full of knots - I cannot say how much better I felt - she's amazing!

I thought this branch of Alun Alun - highly professional and very accommodating. I would return here without hesitation for massages in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

This is 1st time I went to langkawi. And I feel very happy when I went to alun alun spa pantai cenang. Because the staff very lovely and the treatment was great. I had a body scrub, body wrap and the signature massage. That was very good because I really enjoyed it and it realised my tension. Thank you so much to the staff of alun alun.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is most expensive and THE worst pedicure I've ever had. The actual service was okay: relaxing environment, friendly. However, I was cut with the cuticle trimmers and was razor scraped with dry feet. They do not soak your feet to soften the skin, yet rub a dab of Vaseline in (yuck). Upon inspection when nails were drying, I found that I do a better polish job myself, and there was blood on the bottoms of my feet where chunks of skin were gone, as well as loose pieces of flesh (2 pics posted). I showed the woman and after explaining it was something to do with my skin (what???) and apologizing, she wanted to put a solution of 11.9% salicylic acid, which at this percentage essentially burns the skin. Saying no to the acid, I made my way to the exit. When I told the receptionist that my feet were cut up, she gave only a 15% discount. Wow. Completely awful service.

1  Thank travel423
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I had Indonesian traditional massage with Rose for 90 minutes. Wow... she was really good. Highly recommended

1  Thank Kassookoon