“cheating hotel.”
Review of Sandy Beach Resort

Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #92 of 105 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I book thru airasia. And they gave me the worst room. Same like a store room. They said this is room for airasia booking. Never go to this resort. I moved to lagenda permai. Half cheaper but better than sandy beach . Today I moved to baron star resort. Same price with sandy beach but much better room.
Sandy beach resort will cheat your online booking with different room picture.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank boy kl

Reviewed 11 November 2011

I recently returned from Langkawi and had a very pleasant stay at the Sandy Beach Resort. I was fortunate to stay on the beach, which was beautiful. We were treated extremely well by the manager and the rest of the staff and had an opportunity to meet the owner, who was most gracious.
I highly recommend Sandy Beach Resort, both for service and location.
Annie

Room Tip: A chalet on the beach is fabulous.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnnieBangkok
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I was going to stay her for three nights but after my first night I fled at first light.

I stayed in hut number 13 on the beach. After going to my hut at 11pm to go to bed I was harrassed by a Malaysian man ALL night. I had earlier declined his offer of a drink ('you alone, me alone, yes' he said). From when I got in until 6am he tried to break into my hut. He was shaking the door and trying to break the lock. I kept pleading with him to leave me alone and go away. I didn't have a phone so couldn't call for help and no-one came to help me. There musn't be any security here. It was one of the scariest nights of my life. I fled at 7am.

A few days later when I told a local lady about my ordeal she said this place has a very bad reputation. That people come and stay here and copy the keys to later break in to the huts.

There was also a mouse in my hut but I didn't really mind, was happy for the company given what was happening.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank MelbourneKimmyS
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed at Sandy Beach Resort for over a weekend in October and had a pretty pleasant stay. I wasn't in the chalets, which are right on the beach, but the main building on the beach side - literally 30 seconds from the ocean! My double room was unbelievably clean given that it's a budget resort with a TV, bureau and hanging space for clothes/towels etc.

The breakfast is VERY basic, so it's best to rather walk down the main road and find one of the quaint restaurants to fill you up for the day.

The staff were pleasant, even though they didn't speak much English, and were more than happy to help me find tours that suited my budget and schedule. I would definitely go back to Sandy Beach Resort but this time book the chalets right at the water's edge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach side are the best, and the chalets are worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Megan K
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We are from Gujarat , India. I booked from Internet. Due off season we got a banglow for 140 RM/night for 4 person.The room was very clean. The bathroom was renovated. There was a TV in the room. Breakfast (although some mornings very basic) was included. Initially breakfast consisted of a few choices (rice, noodles, toast, porridge and tea and coffee.
There is unlimited free wifi at the hotel.There are tea and coffee facilities in the room.
Food was good.value FOR MONEY. It is situated near beach 2 min walk

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I've booked this holiday on the airasia, but was fairly disappointed, beware , only the chalets are on the beach. Our bungalow is across the road, however it's just a 5 min walk, but if you wanting to stay on the beach,book the chalet. Well the staff here speak little English,so
communication was difficult, plus the breakfast was not buffet, its just plate of fried rice,toast,baked beansand sausages.but overall it's fairly cheap place.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We initially booked the AB hotel which is practically next door to this hotel for our 2 week stay in Langkawi. It is in the best location. It’s right on the sea side.
We lasted 1 night at AB as it was completely disgusting, dirty and loud. We checked out early after the first night and went hunting for a new place to stay. AB had asked us to pay our entire stay in advance. I told them I hadn’t been to the bank yet and only paid 1 night.
My partner and I walked the beach from of Langkawi and obtained prices from all the hotels and compared the rooms.
The Sandy Beach Resort has 2 types of bungalow rooms, some are traditional styled and then there are modern renovated rooms. We decided to stay in a modern room. We had c2 which was the second room in from the sea side.
The rooms was 120 ringgits per nigh, which was the same price as AB Motel. The other budget priced places along the beach front were either far more expensive or cheaper but not as good quality. For the price I think this is the best hotel in the area.
However the room was very clean. The bathroom was renovated. There was a big flat screen TV in the room with digital channels. Breakfast (although some mornings very basic) was included. Initially breakfast consisted of a few choices (rice, noodles, toast, porridge and tea and coffee. Towards the end of our stay they only had rice and toast.
There is unlimited free wifi at the hotel.
There are tea and coffee facilities in the room.
The rooms are service daily (at AB they are only serviced every second day).
They do not sell alcohol in the restaurant so you don't get crowds staying until late. It's a very quiet place to stay. The view from our room was of the ocean and there are 2 chairs to sit on the front balcony.
This is an excellent place to stay for the price.
I only have a couple of criticisms.
We had trouble with the reception on our television. It took many trips to reception asking them to fix it. It never got fixed. I found out that they knew about the TV problem prior to us checking into the room. In the end I asked for a DVD player with movies which they arranged, however the player didn’t work. I then asked to be granted a late check out on our last day (3pm) and they gave us this for free.
Another gentleman was looking at staying at the hotel and asked me what it was like. He was quoted 170 ringgits per night for the room which was 50 more than we were paying. When I initially enquired about price I was told a room would be 160. When I said we would stay 10 nights they reduced it to 120. They made us pay the first 5 nights in advance.
There does seem to be some variation in price depending on who the customer is.
Even with this I would stay at this hotel again. They could improve on their service at reception and their breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple