“Location and Value for money.”
Review of Landcons Hotel

Landcons Hotel
Ranked #99 of 165 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Location is very good for beach lovers. Pentai Centang beach is just opposite to this hotel. Spacious and medium class hotel with swimming pool for adults and kids. All restaurants and KFC is just in front of this hotel. If you are a family with kids then this hotel is suits all your expectations.

Room Tip: The main plus point is that is has a build in beautiful place to make prayer for Muslims.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel-O-Master

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotels location is unbeatable. It is situated 2 mins away from pentai cenang beach. It houses a spa and a English tea and coffee house. Bang opposite is a 24x7 mac donalds and next to it is a an Indian restaurant which serves probably the best Indian cuisine in langkawi. Pentai cenang is the liveliest beach in langkawi with good night life. The street is full of duty free shops and other local shopping stalls and restaurants. The hotel ain't that great but the location could not be better.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank adityajain86
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Went with a few friends from school. It was a very cheap hotel, good value for money. It had everything you need; bed, shower, air con and a pool. Not ideal for snobs, ideal for folk which want to spend most of their time outside and rest their head at the end of the day.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tan_man911
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The location of this hotel is good, right in the middle of the main street. Very close to the big shops and the beach. But the room we stayed in was just too old. It really needs renovation.
The first night we stayed was just a nightmare. I don't know for what reason, there were some guests having a party upstairs. They were sooooooooooo noisy, I mean, the music, the shouting, the laughing and the crazy steps. God, it was horrible. We complained the next morning and we were told that those guests were having a last night party and they have already checked out. Fortunately, it was quiter for the following tow night. But it was still beyond me why they would allow guests to have party until 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning!!!
No breakfast provided, but it was no problem at all. there are so many places to eat in this erea.
The room was not very clean. we had to go to complain at the reception so they could come to change the bed sheet, which looked dirty. I doubted they really changed it after the previous guests moved out. there are still some hair left on the bed!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The only things good about this resort is it's location ( It is just across the duty free shops and a hop over the road and a short walk to the beach) and its pool (nothing special, but it has one). I stayed there for 1 night during the hari raya holiday and had to take the cheapest (110rm) room because the hotel was fully booked as were, it seemed, all of the hotels in Langawi that weekend. When we got to the hotel, we had to wait until 3:30pm for our room to be ready. When I got to my room, I saw that it looked clean but there was an awful dirty, wet-dog smell all over the room. The quilt on top of the bed smelled and had dark patches on it and probably was unwashed since the last guests of the room. The towels, sheets and pillows also smelled of damp and the bed sheet had holes due to burn marks. I ended up laying my sarongs on the bed so I didn't have to lie directly on the sheets. The worst part was that my room was right by the road, with a shared balcony, which people could get on to using a spiral stairway OUTISIDE of the hotel, and I had these big windows whose locks were so loose that anyone could just pull the window open and climb in. I felt really unsafe sleeping in my room and had to use my charger cables to tie the window locks shut. My parents who were in the room next door complained about the same things too. To add to that, the hallways were so echoey that there was really no chance of getting a good nights sleep. When I woke up the next morning, I could see lots of housekeeping stuff just left around in a mess in the common area, no wonder their stuff smelled! We were so glad to find a better hotel to stay at and checked out the next day. I would recommend this place as a last resort, and book rooms near the pool area as it will be much safer and less noisy than the ones on the balcony.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Have stayed there in June 2013 for 3 nights. The room has nothing except two bath towels and the bathroom door knot is gone! (so cannot lock the bathroom door when bathing).
Secondly, no kettle , no hair dryer (we did not mind to borrow from counter but the answer is no even when we did see hair dryer lying around inside the cleaners' restroom. We understand that for the price we paid, we cannot ask for more but this is too slack a 'hotel' in all honesty. Don't think you dare to swim in their swimming pool (not maintain at all , I think) even..
So the only redeeming point is the location which is directly opposite MacDonald and the Underwater World etc

Room Tip: For langkawi, either you choose the expensive 'Resort' or these low budget 'stay'...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank happycall
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed in the resort part. The room was large and when i got there, very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The shower was good and the aircon worked fine. The basics were all good (apart from the TV which didn't work on some channels and only showed Malay language stations).

There were one or two things I didn't understand though. Firstly, why were there no racks or shelves in the bathroom? There was nowhere to put a sponge bag or hang a towel. Such a simple thing to get right! Secondly, although there were two table lamps, one on each side of the bed, both of them had broken plugs. I wanted to be able to read in bed so this was frustrating. When I complained to the staff at the front desk, one of the guys said he would come and fix it. I was horrified when I saw that his idea of fixing the problem was to remove the socket and stuff the bare wires into the wall! I sent him away and asked him to buy new plugs next day. He didn't.

The room was not cleaned at all during my three day stay. I asked if it could be on day 2 but still no-one came. It was the fasting month but even so ... The staff seemed generally unmotivated.

I appreciated having a space to sit outside, but it was a bit hot as there was no fan. The pool looked invited, though I didn't swim. If some work is put into planting some nice plants this central area could be very nice indeed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business