“Authentic and friendly spa”
Review of Rumah Holistic

Rumah Holistic
Ranked #2 of 32 Spas & Wellness in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: A spa, wellness retreat and training centre in the nature, using holistic approach to relax, improve health and empower our body, mind and spirit. We provide regular massage classes, traditional massages & spa treatments, yoga, meditation, energy healing, Tai Chi Qi Gong & personal wellness retreats. We bring you into the nature and serendipity. Visit by appointment only.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Authentic and friendly spa”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I came here for an afternoon break from our resort.
It was a very relaxing and pleasant experience. Eric, the owner, was very friendly and we enjoyed a 90 minute Thai massage.
My husband doesn't usually go in for massage, but he was fine with this one!
Cute dogs, nice experience.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went for our honeymoon and this was the only planned event in our trip to Langkawi after looking at reviews in tripadvisor and what an experience it was. This place is remotely located and we drove in our own vehicle using google maps. Eric picked us up on the main road and guided us till his place. We availed malay manja service here. I liked everything about this place - people, rejuvenation provided by massage, music, welcome drink, mangoes and pets :) Highly recommended to have a unique experience in the middle of nature.

Visited March 2014
Baa Atoll
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Stayed 5 nights, want to come back!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Excellent holistic and humbling 5 nights. I had reiki and a sports massage which were both brilliant. We adored the location, Eric and the animals. A very relaxing stay and just what we were after. No one to disturb you and all the cats and dogs you could need! Healthy tasty food and perfect company. Highly recommended :)

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A must try - relax, unwind and a taste of langkawi!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews , my wife and I needed to book a massage with Eric.

We met Eric outside on the main road, then we followed him for a short trip to his spa retreat. Eric is a such a humble and beautiful person. We felt welcomed from the moment we stepped into his property.

A quick tour of his property, and then into the business end.

The massage was amazing. The best we have had so far on langkawi, and we have tried many good ones on the island. Your body isn't the only thing that unwinds, it's your mind. You automatically get swept away with a feeling of peace and tranquility while having the massage.

Awesome place, awesome service, a must try when in Langkawi.

Thanks Eric! Say hi to sushi and mushi! ( his resident dogs) :).

Joe and Sophie

Visited February 2014
Bucharest, Romania
“7 nights and days at Eric's”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

First of all if you are in the area go for the massage at Eric's.

Not only we had the massage there but also we stayed 7 nights at Eric's had a wonderful and very educative stay. This rating we are giving is both for the massage and staying. Emphasizing that the massage was great.

The breakfast made by Eric was very good.
Eric always helps with different things: talking with the locals when we booked some island journeys, taking us to the meeting point, helping us renting a car, explaining to us different things in the area.
We enjoyed the massage at his place. He has two very nice persons, a woman and a man that do massage and we loved it.
We enjoyed the presence of the animals: two dogs and three cats.

It happened one night when we came back to find a small black scorpion in the room, what we did since then was to allow one of the cats to check the room before going to bed and it helped a lot, the black and white cat loves to find bugs and different small animals and eat them or at least kill them :).

The cleanness of the room wasn't as one usually expects in Europe, but Eric is responsive if asked something: like sweeping the floor under the bed, checking everywhere for bugs etc. I would probably improve the washing of the sink and the blankets had a strange smell.

But all in all we liked it there very much, it was the kind of break away from the city that we needed, we also had two whole day packages with Eric, it was very nice, only two small troubles: one being my fault that I wrongly understood there is 20% discount also for that but it wasn't and one that at a point we should have had another type of vegan food but we got there late , a small misunderstanding, still we liked it anyway.

I do recommend staying at Eric as long as one knows what to expect: being remote, needing a car or scooter, plenty of animals: bugs, miriapods, insects etc some poisonous.

Personally I would consider going back sometime for the 3 days massage class. There are thousands of places to visit but I hope I get the chance to be there again.

Visited December 2013