“Just Fine for Backpackers”
Review of Shirin Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langkawi
Shirin Homestay
Ranked #92 of 161 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This place is in a great location, just over the road from the beach. If you are a backpacker who is used to simple lodgings you will find this place just fine. The rooms all have their own bathrooms and the beer is VERY cheap!

The only negatives - bathrooms need a scrub so thongs in there are needed. Can be quite a few mosquitos.

We found the owners lovely, and had good chats with them both. The man gave us some free beer and the lady brought us some yummy samosas from the market.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in one of the bungalows.
The room was very good, even when the hot shower and aircon were not working, jajaja. But here you don't really need hot shower, and I prefer fan than aircon.
The bungalow has a small and nice balcony, and was comfortable and clean.
Location is excellent, just across the street where the beach is.
The owners are special...so if you stay here, that is part of the experience...and always deal with the man, is a little bit more stable than the japanese woman.
And also, if you choose this place, don't get the inside the house room, because they were really bad, and the toilet the same, but the bungalows were ok for the price, I liked it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriela M
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Plan to stay here for 1 week, but get bad experience from the owner !!when we want to review the room. She not allow us to do! And she said ! If we don't like stay here go away!!!so we just left and found another place to stay at cenang area!. I dont understand why this people can manage this guest house with this kind of attitude. Please don't stay here!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
10  Thank Weeli
Reviewed 18 March 2012

we booked in advance, then we called from the harbour again, they promised to pick us up, but suddenly the car was broken. finaly gone there and there was no room available. they showed us a room, which was stinky and smelling of old shoes and sweating. so dont trust them when you book there. terrible place!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank dergreif
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I agry with LuluNomad from Astralia.I had very similar nasty experience with the lady of Shirin.
I went there with my husband 26 of December 2011 to ask about double room.There where free rooms so I agreed with her husband about price.He made me discount becouse I wanted to stay 25 days and told me to come next day at 9.00.When we came the next day with all luggage he was not there and his wife said me that her price was different and if I don.t like it there is no place for me and she said me "go away no space for you"We went away but I had promised to this rude woman with mental problems that I will find the space for her in the internet.
Before leaving Langkawi I went to the tourist office and I wrote official complain
Elisabetta

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
18  Thank elizabethFilippines
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I walked in and was told by a worker that the boss is at the airport and if i wait for her to get back i could have the room, so i decided to wait as most places were booked out and it was a busy weekend with an event on in Langkawi. She was supposed to be back in an hour but she didnt get back til 3.5 hrs later. When the owner got back she just yelled "you cant stay here! im busy" and shut her office door. Nasty attitude.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
8  Thank LuluNomad
Reviewed 23 November 2011

me and my buddy are about to leave today after one week here, originally we were only staying two nights and that was by accident, but this place is a little gem just accross from the beach. the owners are the nicest people on the planet and will literally bend over backwards o help you out they drove us to night markets and offered us the use of their cycles and motorbikes, told us about the good places to stay at our next destinations, sorted out our travel so we wouldnt have to pay commission at an agent and also have offered to drive us to the ferry port! the place we stayed was a three bedroom house just past the main ofice, it has warm showers cable telly a living room with big couches and the rooms have aircon and are very clean and tidy, there is no charge for towels and sheets etc (like you find with most) they also have beaqch equipment that you can borrow for free as long as you bring them back obv (balls bats beachmats mask and snorkels etc.)but the main reason we stayed an extra five day was the owners and how nice and helpfull they were. i would defo reccommend this place to anyone! shirin guest house! best budget accom on langkawi in my opinion!

Room Tip: choose the house just opposite to the office