“Value hotel with breakfast”
Review of Hotel Bahagia

Hotel Bahagia
Ranked #61 of 105 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I bought the room during Airasia promotional sale, which is RM 60 for 2 nights, including of breakfast.

It was very worthwhile, with such low price, for free breakfast and 2 night stay.

The receptionists were helpful, and the rooms were clean too.

Air con was old, but still functioning well.

The TV was equipped with astro, certain channels only, but we manage to watch football at night in room.

There was no nice restaurant around, and the hotel was not directly facing the road, require map to identify it.

Anyway, i will sure come back again in future

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was staying 2 nights with my gf at this hotel which we have booked earlier through another website which offer better rating.

For about RM50++ a night & breakfast provided,it is definitely one of the money saving for a backpacker like me (of course,breakfast buffet @ Malaysia style)!

Though the room is small,but for us it is just for the night & with hot shower + tv (astro),we can't really blame for anything.

Besides that,the location is in the middle of Kuah,making it a best pit-stop!

Room Tip: To request for a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iverken
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stay here for my vacation to Langkawi for 2 nights. I do not really like the hotel because it looks old. The rooms really dirty and not clean. Toilet is big but no amenities provided. The hotel located far from Town which not suitable for those who find walking distance hotel to city centre.

I experienced problem when check in on the day I come here. I check in at night about 11PM as my flight was delayed. The time we check in, we get our room key and we proceed to the room at 2nd floor. Unfortunately we are unable to open the room with the key given. We have to use the lift to go to the lobby and ask assistance from the receptionist. Then they change the room key card and ask us to try again. At the 2nd time we try, room still cannot open which is make us really angry. We are really tired at that time, and we will need to go down again using the lift and seek the receptionist again, this time, I am really angry and they the receptionist to make sure the room can be open.

This time we got the room key card and they change us to room at 3rd floor and the worst thing is we facing the same thing which make us very angry. I ask my spouse to wait and I go to the lobby. I warn them to make sure one of their staff follow us by answer given only him working at that night. He then change us to 2nd floor again to another room and then only we can open the room. Can you guys imagine on how all this can be happen. I am still can understanding this but I dont think so if it is happen to the another guest.

Breakfast was OK and not really variety. Overall stay just OK for me and nothing special about the hotel. Not realy good for those who need to find relaxing hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the correct room key card to avoid any inconvenience.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jimmy Poh Y
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Booked for family room with such a disappointing cause there is no LIFT and I have to take the stairs and climb up to 4th FLOOR .....Ridiculous !

There is a Thai Restaurant just beside the hotel, food is delicious however the price is slightly high.
About 15-20 minutes walk to Langkawi Haji Ismail shop lot nearby Bayview Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Irene_G1206
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

We supposed to stay at my hotel but the hotel are over booked. So they transffered us to this hotel hotel bahagia.
The room are very dirty. A lot of cockraoches. The floors wry dirty and the toilet very stain and smelly. Overall very very dirty.

• Stayed: January 2013
7  Thank daintymignon
Reviewed 1 December 2012

The hotel is situated at the center of Kuah Town, which an easy access to the spots nearby - Eagle Square. The room is clean, just a little bit small (like most of the budget hotel), an ideal choice especially for backpacker which just for rest after whole day exploring in island. This hotel also prepared breakfast (buffet - self service) for the customers, which is an unusual for budget hotel. The menu prepared seem same for everyday, but not comment because it was free!!!

Friendly reminder: If you are from outside, you can consider for rent a small car, which an easy access to the island by your own with the help of Island Map that you can take from most places.

Room Tip: request for a room with window/ corner room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KylleLim
Reviewed 7 November 2012

A slight change in plan sees us staying an extra day in Langkawi. Decided to check-in into Hotel Bahagia even though the reviews are not that encouraging. After all, we're checking out early the next morning so there is nothing to lose. The check-in process was fast, and we took a lift to our room.

It was a bit smallish (what would you expect for the price, hehe?), but my wife loves the decor and the bathroom. Its clean and equipped with the usual amenities. With satellite TV (ESPN and HBO as well) and free wi-fi, is a plus point. The breakfast spread is local fare with quite a number of varieties, with fruits, bread and juices. A hearty breakfast indeed :)

Location-wise, its at the back of the main road but there are a number of shops around means foods and other stuffs are not that far away.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple