“not bad”

Ranked #35 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
Ipoh, Malaysia
“not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have stayed in room 5 for two had a comfortable stay ans its only 20 minute drive from ferry easy to find. The room was quit ok but the staff were not friendly and lazy for answering our question, breakfast ok.ok, Night time were a bit noisy because of the common room which the tv played loud. the location is good enough for food, beach and it very safe to walk at night. good value for room but service is not got as you pay for it.

Room Tip: better chose the 1st floor not the ground.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mohd k

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights during our stay in Langkawi.

Had a comfortable 3 nights though one night we were heavily disrupted by a load of banging around in the room next to us and an almighty storm outside!

Room clean enough, air con worked well, private bathroom was decent.

Location wise it was perfect, really close to all the other hostels. Wasn't the cheapest at 80rm per room (2people) but we desperately needed our own space after a hectic few weeks in Thailand!

Breakfast inc however it's not really worth the extra 10rm we paid so I'd advise you ask to pay a bit less and not have breakfast.

Wifi worked well, laundry service 100 yards away.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank GinaG2401
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I booked 2 nights because accommodation was tight at the time. Arrived at 11:30 am from the ferry, and I got room number 3 downstairs, immediately next to the dining/sitting area. The sitting area is noisy, the tv was playing loudly, and the narrow, dimly lit old style room was very sad. One window looked inwards into the dining area, the other looked out into next doors' outdoor sitting area, so you have to keep the curtains closed. The room is claustrophobic and had a strong smell of antiseptic.
The fellow assured me that the place was fully booked, and so I could not have another room, but I checked the internet and it still showed rooms available.
I didn't stay there. I found another room at AB Motel, but I walked back at night to find several locals making a fair amount of noise at 9:30pm, and then I was back for breakfast (effectively 90 RM for very ordinary spread) at 8am - more locals smoking up a storm and the tv on again.

"Close to the beach" is a recurring theme in the good reviews of this place, but you can easily find another place for a similar price that is *next to* the beach. Seems strange to me, but there you are. If you do stay at here, it would be good if you like roosters crowing at dawn. Sweet inn has 4 of them. The last point is that most of the favourable reviews seem to have the same writing style. The receptionist while I was there spent a lot of time at her computer terminal. Just saying...

Summary : the rooms NOT to get are the downstairs rooms 1-8. The upstairs rooms may well be Ok, but if you book, you just have to take what you are given. I can sort of understand why internet booking gets you these ground floor rooms, no walk in guests would accept them.
If you book through agoda, you have paid for your entire stay before you arrive. If you use booking.com, you can get out of your booking for the price of just one night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Geoff P

Travellers are raving about these Langkawi hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Sweet Inn is a great place right in the middle of all backpacker lodges. Our double room had air-con and a fan which was great to cool off from the hot beaches. The beach is a 2 minute walk.
The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was decent, but the toilet could use some renovation as the seat was broken.
The breakfast consists of rice, watermelon, toast and juice which was good enough for us. Overall we really liked the Sweet Inn and we definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ManonChiel
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

We've been travelling for several months before arriving in Sweet Inn in Langkawi. As everywhere in Malaysia, you have to pay in advance your accomodation. We didn't knew for how long we would stay so we paid for 2 days and than another 2 days. My boyfriend got really really sick, the staff knew because I had to come back to the hotel evrytime I had to call the insurance and I was out of it and crying. The insurance had to flew us out of there by private jet...

1- Avoid the hospital in Langkawi, it's a hole, and the care is zero
2- The hotel didn't want to reimbursed me one night that I paid but we were evacuated so I had to go right away. I had no energy to fight this battle
3- The last night I woke up in the middle of the night and I had bedbugs crawling in front of my eyes! The guy said: 'it's ok, there is also bedbugs in room 5' we were in room 11.

Please, DON'T GO THERE AND DON'T SUPPORT THIS HOTEL!
Thanks

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Anne-Julie L
Amersfoort
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

If you're looking for a nice place to stay, with a reasonable price, on a good location, Sweet Inn is your motel. It has all the basic facilities and the rooms are neat and reasonably in size.

Breakfast was not that good though, the shower at our room did not function very well, the mattress was definately not ergonomically and the motel was a little noisy.

We've stayed here for 5 nights and are quite satisfied.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pieter_V998
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed there recently and here's my review
Pros:
Clean room
Air conditioned
Adequate amenities in the room including hot water
Not too far from the main road but quite location
An adequate breakfast but they could be more creative
Staff were fine
Value for money

Cons:
Room number 5 has a leaking ceiling so when you're sitting on the loo,you get a constant drip drip on the head
The cafe is run by a strict lady.One couple didn't know they had to clear put away their dishes after eating and left them on the table.The lady instantly reported to the reception who in turn told the cleaner to tell the couple to pick up their plates and place them in the designated bins.How difficult is it to help clear the tables.It's not a difficult job to do so.I don't understand why guest are made to clear their dishes when not many people are eating there.I'm not adverse to labor but she shouldn't have made the couple(who were already in their room)to go and clear their table.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank adeesha