“Perfect Inn in Langkawi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Inn

Sweet Inn
Ranked #35 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Perfect Inn in Langkawi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

If you're looking for a nice clean double room, air-con, en-suite bathroom on a budget - then this guesthouse is perfect! For only 60RM per night, we stayed here for 4 nights in August.

After looking down at older reviews, they must have cleaned up a lot and changed staff as the staff we met were very friendly and helpful and the room was large, clean and comfy for the price! We very much enjoyed our stay. They also offer a buffet breakfast for 5RM each (the manager let us have it free for 2 mornings too).
The location is great, on a short road in from the main road, away from noise but close to restaurants, bars and the beach it is a great place to stay. You can also park your hired scooters under a sheltered area. We stayed in room number 10 and were very pleased, thank you Sweet Inn!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ellie H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Ipoh, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have stayed in room 5 for two had a comfortable stay ans its only 20 minute drive from ferry easy to find. The room was quit ok but the staff were not friendly and lazy for answering our question, breakfast ok.ok, Night time were a bit noisy because of the common room which the tv played loud. the location is good enough for food, beach and it very safe to walk at night. good value for room but service is not got as you pay for it.

Room Tip: better chose the 1st floor not the ground.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mohd k
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights during our stay in Langkawi.

Had a comfortable 3 nights though one night we were heavily disrupted by a load of banging around in the room next to us and an almighty storm outside!

Room clean enough, air con worked well, private bathroom was decent.

Location wise it was perfect, really close to all the other hostels. Wasn't the cheapest at 80rm per room (2people) but we desperately needed our own space after a hectic few weeks in Thailand!

Breakfast inc however it's not really worth the extra 10rm we paid so I'd advise you ask to pay a bit less and not have breakfast.

Wifi worked well, laundry service 100 yards away.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank GinaG2401
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I booked 2 nights because accommodation was tight at the time. Arrived at 11:30 am from the ferry, and I got room number 3 downstairs, immediately next to the dining/sitting area. The sitting area is noisy, the tv was playing loudly, and the narrow, dimly lit old style room was very sad. One window looked inwards into the dining area, the other looked out into next doors' outdoor sitting area, so you have to keep the curtains closed. The room is claustrophobic and had a strong smell of antiseptic.
The fellow assured me that the place was fully booked, and so I could not have another room, but I checked the internet and it still showed rooms available.
I didn't stay there. I found another room at AB Motel, but I walked back at night to find several locals making a fair amount of noise at 9:30pm, and then I was back for breakfast (effectively 90 RM for very ordinary spread) at 8am - more locals smoking up a storm and the tv on again.

"Close to the beach" is a recurring theme in the good reviews of this place, but you can easily find another place for a similar price that is *next to* the beach. Seems strange to me, but there you are. If you do stay at here, it would be good if you like roosters crowing at dawn. Sweet inn has 4 of them. The last point is that most of the favourable reviews seem to have the same writing style. The receptionist while I was there spent a lot of time at her computer terminal. Just saying...

Summary : the rooms NOT to get are the downstairs rooms 1-8. The upstairs rooms may well be Ok, but if you book, you just have to take what you are given. I can sort of understand why internet booking gets you these ground floor rooms, no walk in guests would accept them.
If you book through agoda, you have paid for your entire stay before you arrive. If you use booking.com, you can get out of your booking for the price of just one night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Geoff P

Travellers are raving about these Langkawi hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Sweet Inn is a great place right in the middle of all backpacker lodges. Our double room had air-con and a fan which was great to cool off from the hot beaches. The beach is a 2 minute walk.
The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was decent, but the toilet could use some renovation as the seat was broken.
The breakfast consists of rice, watermelon, toast and juice which was good enough for us. Overall we really liked the Sweet Inn and we definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ManonChiel
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

We've been travelling for several months before arriving in Sweet Inn in Langkawi. As everywhere in Malaysia, you have to pay in advance your accomodation. We didn't knew for how long we would stay so we paid for 2 days and than another 2 days. My boyfriend got really really sick, the staff knew because I had to come back to the hotel evrytime I had to call the insurance and I was out of it and crying. The insurance had to flew us out of there by private jet...

1- Avoid the hospital in Langkawi, it's a hole, and the care is zero
2- The hotel didn't want to reimbursed me one night that I paid but we were evacuated so I had to go right away. I had no energy to fight this battle
3- The last night I woke up in the middle of the night and I had bedbugs crawling in front of my eyes! The guy said: 'it's ok, there is also bedbugs in room 5' we were in room 11.

Please, DON'T GO THERE AND DON'T SUPPORT THIS HOTEL!
Thanks

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Anne-Julie L
Amersfoort
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

If you're looking for a nice place to stay, with a reasonable price, on a good location, Sweet Inn is your motel. It has all the basic facilities and the rooms are neat and reasonably in size.

Breakfast was not that good though, the shower at our room did not function very well, the mattress was definately not ergonomically and the motel was a little noisy.

We've stayed here for 5 nights and are quite satisfied.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple