“bad vacation for us, never come again!!”
Review of Azio Hotel

Azio Hotel
Ranked #60 of 105 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I was join a trip from Johor with 40 other people. We arrived earlier but they didn't have enough room for all of us eventhough we had made reservation. Then, we have to wait about an hour before they give us a room but we have to share, for example I come with my family, 6 of us my parents and my sibling, we all grown ups (15-23 yrs old) , then they give us 2 queen bed for 6 people. Can u imagine that? we have to share the same bed with my parents. It very packed. There are some family who have to stay with other family. Then,the bathroom was open view, you can see the people inside showering, quit embarrassing for Malay people like me luckily all of my sibling are girl but still we are feeling shy to naked in front of our father. And because of my large family, they gave us the back room which you have to turn around to the back building, we got the third floor room and the worst are there was no lift.. We have to climb up with our heavy bag, and my parents in their 50s, so they had a very hard time. Luckily it is just one night stay, and we had bad vacation because of this. Oh ya, we got a refund the next day because of not enough room.

Room Tip: choose the front room because they have a lift
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank studentripSerdang

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Stayed for 2 nights here, a cheap small room but very good, comfortable hotel. The rooms are equipped with air conditioned, hot water, flat screen LCD tv. Worthit. So far no complaint. Satisfied for the price I paid.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Izdyhar82
Reviewed 3 February 2013

clean,good room - 2 king bed with window but no internet in room as advertise. but who needs internet when we are on holiday? location wise: is in walkin distance to major hotspots such as jai restaurant, duty-free shops, banks, fast-food restaurants, clinics, pharmacies. jetty point is less than 10mins, langkawi fair is about that distance too. there is a playground for kids to stretch.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Location of the hotel is nice where it is near to duty free shop and many restaurant. But the bad thing is the room quite dirty which at least 2 cockroaches per day. Feel scary and uncomfortable......

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This place is definitely off the radar for most families with young children on holiday. In normal circumstances, I would not even consider this place at all.

My family of 4 chanced upon this hotel, almost in desperation, after a bad experience at another much more expensive "close to nature" accommodation. This was one of the few hotels with immediate vacancy, and after looking at one of the rooms, which looked decent, I grabbed the offer cos it was peak season and we needed a place to stay.

We stayed at a very large room with 2 king size beds (think it was the biggest room they had) - it was fantastic value for money, just S$75 per night! I had very low expectations, really no-frills, given the price - so I was pleasantly surprised that the room had a hair-dryer and slippers. The air-con and shower worked fine and the bed was good and firm. The front desk staff were also very helpful and friendly. What more can you ask for for just 75 bucks!?

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Small hotel with good location, cosy and convenient Great location with few kilometer away from Kuah Jetty and free duty shop near by. For business traveller using ferry may be a place to stay as it is more economical for short stay. You may get water refill and iron at common area. However the curtain inside bathroom may need to change as is start to get mouldy. Hopefully the wifi facilities able to be access in the room and not just limited at Common Area.

Room Tip: Choose room near common area if you do need to access the wifi as only accessible near there.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Predator78
Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

Azio is probably the best budget hotel on the island. Although they can improve a bit on the cleanliness as I twice spotted small cockroaches in my room. Ask at the reception was Jai restaurant just opposite and try anything for dinner there it is excellent. They charge 3MYR for an extra pillow. Overall nice place but best to rent a bike.

• Stayed: October 2012