“Get more than you paid for....”

Green Village Langkawi
Ranked #112 of 165 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After reading up un reviews of this hotel I was a little sceptical of choosing the hotel to stay with my family for 1 week. But with budget in mind, I went ahead and booked it anyway.

So glad I did. The rooms were just as we thought they would be (given the price), the pool was great (along with water feature) and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Apart from the odd late night rukus from the near by (right next door to our room) Budaba, the entire complex was quite and a great place to get away from it all. That being said the hotel was close enough to a myriad of shops, restaurants and of course the beach.

So if you would rather spend your money on activities, food and the like, and you don't need the luxury surrounds of a 5 star hotel, then I recommend the Green Village Hotel (as long as your expectations aren't over the top for this type of accomodation.

Room Tip: Casuarina Rooms are more spacious with 3 large beds. Ideal for family or just to spread out.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rob_Van_Winkle

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 5 days last april. Worth my budget. Very friendly helpfull staff. The rooms are average if you ask me...but in langkawi ... who stays in their roo. whole day? Place is clean.. as picky as I am on toilets and bathroom.. this place is okay.
The pool is alright if you just wish to soak of the heat... they have this small little park ... very traditional see saw , swing and a tree house!
Pool table... a small cozy reading area...a bar to just hang around kill time ... food is great! Cheap and yummy! Good enough for us. We had a pleasant stay.
What we like most about this place... service is 5 star for a small little village resort. Will definetly be back. Mostly because we know... we have a friend there... willing to help in any way they can to make our stay comfortable.
Sam .... Well be back!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Luv the concept of a green resort, however that's not an excuse for not maintaining the property well. We stayed in this Langkawi resort for 3 days in May. At first, we (especially the kids) were quite impressed by the courtyard and swimming pool. But it all changed once we entered the room. The first thing you would notice is a strong smell of mould.There were dirt everywhere in the bathroom, one of the toilets drainage was blocked, in short the rooms were not in a great condition. The resort has a good bar and the guy who takes care of the bar was very friendly. The staffs in general were OK and accommodating.

The hotel has a good potential to grow and attract more business. But it's in desparate need of some serious renovation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at the Green Village, back in March 2013 for 3 nights. The staff were very welcoming, helpful & accommodating.. The hotel has a very nice chilled pool area, which is situated in lush gardens, in stunning surroundings.
The rooms are basic, but have very powerful much needed aircon, which is nice relief from the stifling tropical climate.
The breakfast was very nice, and the free wifi was fast and stable.
The main street and resort of Pantai Cenang, are only 10mins walk away.
I would definitely stay here again, when I return to Langkawi.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have booked this hotel as a honeymooner. My partner and I was shocked the moment we check in, the hotel is not as protrayed in the photos. the bathroom drainage is blocked! it is like flooding in the bathroom when taking shower. the hotel environment are not clean. a major renovation is needed for this hotel, looks so old and abondoned. their food is simple and just ok. nothing special

However, the staffs are really friendly and helpful. keep it up!
thanks for the flower + chocolate and the "love" decoration. I really appreciate that

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yichi7
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The main selling point of this hotel is the pool and garden area. Unfortunately these are so badly maintained that they are unusable and most guests only try them out on their first day. Given this you are better staying at a hotel closer to the beach and restaurants. The rooms were badly in need of a repaint and the airconditioners needed servicing. The furniture was old and broken.

Room Tip: Get one in another hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Schkuder
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We only stayed for 5 nights thank god,it was a living hell.
When we got out of the taxi and stood in reception the place was filthy so it was not a good 1st impression.
On being shown to our room things got worse,the floor had never seen a mop and there were dead insects all over it,the bed linen had stains and holes and the sheets on the bunk beds only had holes holding them together also the pillow case on the bunk beds had black hairs all over the one.
Then I went into the bathroom I was speechless the place made me heave,although saying that the toilet was clean!!
The air conditioning unit had a pipe which ran down the wall and onto the bathroom floor so the floor was always wet and I mean we were paddling in it.
We went to complain and they offered us another room which was just as bad,I then spent the next day looking for another hotel or a flight out of there but as it was Chinese New Year everything was full so I had to grin and bear it.
Every time we came back to the room we had to remove several worms that had somehow made there way onto the ceiling ,of course cockroaches and frogs in the bathroom.
The walls were paper thin and the doors didn't fit so you can hear everything that is going on.
Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting 5star luxury but it was the pits and I feel really guilty of putting my 8year old daughter through it

Absolutely loved langkawi and we hired a car and went round the whole island.

Please please avoid this hotel...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family