Green Village Langkawi
US$41
Sunset Beach Resort(Pantai Cenang)
US$49
US$67
US$140
US$132
Trip.com
  • Pool
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$294
Azio Hotel(Langkawi)
US$22
US$19
Agoda.com
All reviewstree housebuffet styleresort offersrooms are basicdelimaloungerschalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

There are lots of positive and negative reviews on here for Green Village. Basically if you pay for a five star hotel then you get one, but if you pay less than £30 for a family room per night then don't expect luxury and then moan about it. The village is nice and old and is what we expected. The bar is really good and cheap. The location is really great for a starting point for exploring the Island and there are tours that pick you up from reception. Overall the Village is a good place to sleep, air con, water, the basics. If you want five star then pay for it.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was travelling with my 5 year old son and was very skeptical of this guesthouse after reading the not so positive comments about it. I was pleasantly surprised when I got there. Rooms look into a lush garden where the 20m pool is. My son spent a few happy days playing in the pool while I read a book in a hammock listening to humming birds in the garden. Rooms are basic but clean. Our room was cleaned every morning and fresh towels offered. I must say the hotel staff were personable and very helpful, I was very impressed by their professional and ready to please attitude. The main reception/dining area is dotted with interesting antiques which gives the place a charming quality. There's also a fabulous selection of books for reading/exchange in the waiting area. The hotel has a bar which was pretty quiet which I liked as my room was nearby. Hotel provides a small buffet breakfast which was more than adequate: fruit, cereal, eggs, toast, noodles, sausages and potato wedges...coffee/tea/milo. Food trays were replenished without being asked. Overall, I am very happy I stayed here despite not being right on the beach. We looked forward to coming back to our little shaded oasis after a hot day on the beach. We will no doubt stay here again!

;a

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank anndeza
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We only stayed one night & it was an okay experience but definitely overpriced/over-rated for what you get ... room was not that clean, coffee maker had a burnt bottom (not very inviting), no coffee cups, large roaches had easy access under the main door, not much in room decor (very plain, needed at least a fresh coat of paint)bidet head was missing (a definite minus in my book), shower hose too short for the average Westerner, provided only bath towels, no hand towels or wash cloths, no wi-fi, some outlets didn't work or didn't function easily, no remote for TV. Staff was average, not that friendly and the breakfast included was very limited. Perhaps we got the "cheap" room based on other reviews but I wouldn't stay here again. On the plus side, it is a quiet location & within a 15 minute walk of the nearest beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After reading up un reviews of this hotel I was a little sceptical of choosing the hotel to stay with my family for 1 week. But with budget in mind, I went ahead and booked it anyway.

So glad I did. The rooms were just as we thought they would be (given the price), the pool was great (along with water feature) and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Apart from the odd late night rukus from the near by (right next door to our room) Budaba, the entire complex was quite and a great place to get away from it all. That being said the hotel was close enough to a myriad of shops, restaurants and of course the beach.

So if you would rather spend your money on activities, food and the like, and you don't need the luxury surrounds of a 5 star hotel, then I recommend the Green Village Hotel (as long as your expectations aren't over the top for this type of accomodation.

Room Tip: Casuarina Rooms are more spacious with 3 large beds. Ideal for family or just to spread out.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rob_Van_Winkle
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 5 days last april. Worth my budget. Very friendly helpfull staff. The rooms are average if you ask me...but in langkawi ... who stays in their roo. whole day? Place is clean.. as picky as I am on toilets and bathroom.. this place is okay.
The pool is alright if you just wish to soak of the heat... they have this small little park ... very traditional see saw , swing and a tree house!
Pool table... a small cozy reading area...a bar to just hang around kill time ... food is great! Cheap and yummy! Good enough for us. We had a pleasant stay.
What we like most about this place... service is 5 star for a small little village resort. Will definetly be back. Mostly because we know... we have a friend there... willing to help in any way they can to make our stay comfortable.
Sam .... Well be back!!!