“Need a lot of improvement!!!”

De Baron Resort Langkawi
Ranked #101 of 140 Langkawi B&B and Inns
“Need a lot of improvement!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Water pressure very low.. sink about to fall.. very dangerous to kids.. additional pillow is chargable.. no
toiletries provided accept shower cap n kind a foam soap.. are you serious????.. lighting in the room & corridor damn dull.. juice at coffee house for breakfast they add up plain water so the taste became tasteless.. please take note eventhough it is just a small detail.. check in: 19/4/14 & check out: 21/4/14.. taking 2 rooms.. sincere me: -anonymous hoteliners KL-

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank Nurul Hidaya Az... A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Got ourselves an upgrade for Deluxe room at the main building after a night at their new wing Standard room with no 'window'. It's definitely worth it! We got a room on the 3rd floor with a seaview. The Deluxe room was meant for more than 2 paxs as there are two beds. Magnificent view of the Marina of yachts, the hotel pools, mountains & you can even see the Eagle at Eagle Square from the room. Aircon works fine. Everything works better than the Standard room. Its very close to Lagenda Park & Eagle Square. There's also a food stall nearby selling lots of local food & western style.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NikiKratos
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Front desk was always trying.. helpful n polite...was stayed in a standard room which is separatr building...its quite dim n unwelcoming...staff was cleaning chit chating without greetings. bellman was sitting on a sofa n open his shoes act as it was his home. Has request for hair dryer n only get it after my 3rd request...well overall impression was just fine but u could improve ur room cleanliness. i was suprised there have a big plastic cover was on the floor while step in the room...

• Stayed April 2014
Devon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Located amongst builders rubble. No beach. Crowded pool. Says no smoking but people took no notice and staff ignored them. No alcohol served whatsoever. Aircon noisy and intrusive. Corridors dirty and smelly. Water machine out of order. Room not cleaned properly. Wet room had evil, lingering smell of drains. Kept wake by baby crying through adjoining door. Breakfast aweful. Waitress used same cloth to wipe table as well as the floor. Left after one night and went to Tropical Resort. 100 times better.

Room Tip: Do not pay in advance. No refunds are their policy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sue G
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

first of the resort is very old with stinky carpets. lighting in the rooms are dim.
bedsheets r clean. the view is simply fantastic. resort is not maintained. pool area is smelly
of old water. staff at reception counter dont know much english n r not helpful. the manager
is good. breakfast is below average (juices r pre mixed with water). tea/coffee maker not
supplied n when v requested for same they sent a defective one. a/c cannot cope up with outside heat. this resort needs an urgent uplift.

Room Tip: sea facing rooms for ocean views. but a/c cannot cope with outside heat
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bond2015
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

we stayed in the old part of the hotel which wasn't very nice. Though, it was clean and for one night expedient as we had to stay one night in the city to catch our ferry early in the morning.
the pool is more for children than for adults.
the restaurant doesn't serve alcohol.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Bhubaneswar, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel with my wife and 7 year old daughter. Great location. I enjoyed sun set from the deck just on the sea. Great swimming pool. My room was little away from the reception area just opposite the road. Room was good which was partially sea view and partially hill view. Clean room.

I booked this hotel after reading mixed reviews on trip advisor. After staying in this hotel I understood why this hotel with excellent location with excellent fascilities, is not getting good reviews. It is because of their terrible service. My experience is given below.
1. After check in, I booked their mangroovr tour. The lady who booked my tour, directed me to be present at the reception at 9.45 am next day. Acordingly I was ready but the driver came early and literally dragged us from the breakfast area using filthy language in front of other tourist. When I said that I was directed to be presemt at a particular time and accordingly I am ready. Then he showed some thing whete it was written to be ready before one hour from the start time. Repeatedly I told him that I have no fault and am ready as per the instruction of the tour manager. He was still showing me bad body lanfuage. After reaching at jetty, when we came to know that their boat is not ready and we have to wait for 30 to 45 minutes, then I went to the driver and adked him why he insulted me? Then again he started scoling me thowing smokes from his cigarete. When I told him that I will lodge complain with the hotel then he threatened me that I am a tourist and in his country he can do anything. When I threatwned him to call tourist police then also he did not care. So the driver lost my mood and I decided to come back. Then the guide who is a very good person requested me and I continued the trip. I enjoyed the trip because of the boat guide only. I complained wirh the hotel but thete was no response.
2. In my room there was an old fridge and irritating noise was there due to which we could not sleep. Over phone I complained twice, my wife twice and my daughter once. No respose and qction. When I told them that I am going to disconnect the power supply then also there was no response. I disconnected the power. After one hour one petson came and did not undetstand anything. The person did not know english and just giving blank look and left without understanding the problem. Next no body was bothered to neither solve the problem nor showed any interest even I reminded them about last night problem.
3. In their restraurant, the boy does not know english. He served something which I have not ordered. While told 5hen took away and served in another table. He for got one of our important order and when remind3d aftwr 45 m8nutes, then he ran to the kitchen. In the mean time another boy served us juice which we have not ordered. I find it was also happening with others also. Again the first boy who ran to the kithen for got and again in the process of reminding him I injured my self. Finally my order being served. Then I got a wrong bill. Again when I complained, they rectified and I paid the bill. After that I did not take anything there.

So I will recommend this hotel to stay only without taking their tour service and restraurant service. Bunch of unprofessional jokers are running this great hotel with a great location. In terms of service, I had only one good experience that is smooth check in and one boy helped me carring luggage to my room.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family