“Good hotel”

Ranked #101 of 145 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Kota Bharu, Malaysia
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Having a good 3 nights at this hotel. We got ourselves a studio room which is quite clean and everything was working fine. I dont get the chance to eat the breakfast but we do eat altogether at the bistro during the night. They have a bistro which is a good place to relax while enjoying a beautiful view. You can see the Dataran Lang from here. The food at the bistro is also delicious and it comes with a reasonable price. The prob is that when we first arrived at about 4p.m, they said that our room was not ready yet. The check-in procedure was quite slow and we have to wait fr about 20mins to get into our room. During the night, the lights at the corridor were dimly lit. But overall, the place was nicely spotted and it gets merrier during the night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BalqisIbrahim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Average hotel, rooms ok, quite big size. Slow check-in procedure.
Breakfast nothing special, not so good selection. Limited offer for lunch or dinner, but that was not a problem as you can find few restaurants nerby.
Good size of swiming pool to make fun with kids.
Reasonable price.

Room Tip: make sure thast you will get room in main building.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
bristol
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our friends foolishly booked this hotel by looking at the pictures on the website which certainly looked impressive a building. This could not be further from the truth.
Our friends stayed 5 nights during which their aircon was not funtioning properly and room fan did not work at all. After continous complaints, they were finally moved to a room upstairs for the remaining 2 nights where the aircon at least worked. My family and I stayed for 2 nights. We were allocated 2 standard rooms in the annexe building which had no lights on in the lobby iin the pevenings. The corridors were dimly lit and my room again had an aircon which was almost non functional , internet not working and loads of mosquitoes.
After complaining to Reception, i was given a room in the main building on the ground floor and had to pay extra for the so called upgrade. Was told none of their fans worked. And of course despite having been allocated a password for the internet, I could not connect at all.
Asking the Manager for a refund fell on deaf ears as he claimed he had no authority to refund me.
Altogether a bad stay, not worth the money paid. Was told by the overworked girls at Reception that ithe complaints were an everday event. No doubt Management were not interested in carrying out repairs and maintenance on the rooms. When my door slammed, I had to wait over half an hour for Maintenance fo arrive to open the jammed door.
Altogether not recommendable a hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms have stain marks and air conditioners did not work. Fans were only for display as they did not...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank omega7
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I book 2 night stay at new wing but not maintained well. The staffs are not friendly. No lobby counter. The lighting is poor at main entrance, corridors and room. The air cond not function.The corridors and staircase are dirty

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank SHChoo
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We checked in one night for a day's stay and the hotel looked impressive from the outside. However the rooms are not that great for the price and restaurant is average too. The restaurant outdoors are good, but the service is really slow. Okay for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank padhu80
Bangalore
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very nice hotel and lankawi super place please suggest any body beach and cable ride bike ride Indian food we enjoy lot of ther nice road nice people duty free shopping bmw only 2800rs per day u only drive

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Girish G
Phuket Thailand
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This will be the first not so nice review I have written. I only do so now as I hope that someone from the resort will read the review, and think about how they could improve. Looking at earlier reviews, I think it is not likely.

Anyway. I was in Langkawi on business, and walked in off the street. Staff were very helpful, and I soon had a lovely room with ocean view. Pool looked nice, but I didn't use it.

The decor is certainly a bit tired, and the hallway is not so nice, but I didn't plan on spending much time in the hallway. Overall I was very happy with the room for the price.

Location is good. Near to the sea, marina, restaurants and 10 minutes walk to shopping. Great.

All good until next morning when I wanted to get some laundry done. The resort can't organise this for me. I got vague directions to a laundry on the other side of the highway. After 30 minutes in extreme heat and frustration I found the laundry. Why on earth the resort can't handle guests laundry, even by just delivering and picking up from the other place, I don't know. Heck they could make money on it, and have happy guests.

I decided to stay a second night but had to change rooms. No problem at all with that. Coming back from my laundry excursion and long lunch, I was given the key to my new room. Luggage in hand I went up to the room. 3 times. Each time I had to come back down, with the luggage, because the electronic key did not work. One of the cleaning staff was kind enough to let me into the room at one stage, but that was hardly good enough as I wouldn't have been able to leave and come back in again.

On my last trip down to reception, where 4 smiling staff seemed to have nothing else to do but smile, I was offered the key to try again. I hate bad customer service. No way was I going up there a fourth time to see if the key would work. The staff did not offer go and have a look for me.

I gave up and decided to try elsewhere. The staff promptly and nicely refunded me my payment for the extra day. Thank you.

Would have been nicer if they had done both myself and the resort owners a favour and gone up to the room for me to help solve the problem. There were 4 of them after all, and no other guests wanting to be served at the time.

I took the trouble to nicely explain to the staff that I felt good customer service would require one of them to go and check the key for me, given I had already tried 3 times. I had hoped that my advice would be listened to.

Breakfast is probably good for Asian people. For westerners, it is very poor fare. No bread products at all, no toast to go under your fired egg. Horrible instant coffee, with coffee whitener…no milk. Even if it is included in the price, you are probably better to go elsewhere for breakfast.

It seems a shame as very little effort would be required to make this a really nice place to stay. Staff training in customer service would be good start. I don’t mind that the key did not work. I do mind having to spend the afternoon going up and down in the lift. Breakfast could easily be made a great meal, just a liittle bit of effort from the kitchen staff.

Overall the place is greatly lacking in management leadership. I don’t feel the staff are to blame. They have not been taught how to do the job properly.

I really hope someone at the resort reads this, and thinks about how much better their business could be, at almost no expense.

Mark.