“The Westin's flagship spa”

Heavenly Spa by Westin
Ranked #12 of 32 Spas & Wellness in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: The Heavenly Spa by Westin, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, is a stunning beachfront property that takes its primary inspiration from the surrounding beauty of Langkawi. The menu is abundant with wellness offerings with many treatments deriving from Malay, Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Turkish, Swedish and Indonesian modalities. Also tastefully included are anti aging facials, body exfoliations, foot and bathing rituals and an extensive choice of global massages.Relax, revive and experience renewal in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence. Heavenly Spa by Westin in The Westin Langkawi operates daily from 9:00 am to 12:00 am.
Kuching, Malaysia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“The Westin's flagship spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

A stay at the Westin Langkawi will not be completed unless we make an effort/excuse to try their spa facilities. On our 2nd night at the resort, with aching & tired bodies after hardcore swimming in the ocean we decided to book a session. There is only 1 therapist on duty that night so me & my sister have to wait for our turn. All of the spa staffs are specially imported from Surabaya. I took the Langka back massage followed by flower milk bath. The treatment starts off with a foot scrub using salt & black rice exfoliate. Then I lie face down on the massage table, the therapist put on massage oil of my choice and the kneading begins. The back massage was really good, loved the pushing & cracking part, i enjoyed it very much and the sensation of being massaged lasts for few days! I feel a bit ticklish of certain parts of my body (that's why i can never be 100% relaxed & didn't take the full body massage as recommended by Nora, our therapist of the night) Of course they would understand that, the massage pressure is tailored according to your taste. I prefer it to be medium & hard.
As for the flower milk bath, it's just a normal soak in the bathtub with yellow rose petals. The bathtub is so large hence the milk feels diluted. Nevertheless it does soothes my sunburned skin a lil bit. My sister who had her session first says our therapist would offer some bathing or little massage if you preferred..but we're too self conscious on ourselves :P
Nora finished off our treatment by applying lotion all over the body (except for the ticklish parts). The lotion smells similar with the White Tea lotion found in our room, except this one has chamomile added and much more strongly fragranted.
Prices are premium though, but considering everything incl taxi fare, traveling time etc it is more or less the same with all that fancy spa at Cenang beach...might as well do it in house at the resort.

Visited May 2014

Harrow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Room quality poor!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed between 13-19 February 2014. We originally booked a superior room with a sea view but on arrival noticed the room didn't have a bath tub which we needed for our 9 month old nor did it have a good sea view (too many trees covering sea view). On our second day we upgraded to a one bedroom suite (cost 500 RM per night) which took half a day in total to move to. We were unhappy about the time it took to move and spoke to the manager who offered to discount the room for one night. On first use of the bath tub it started leaking from the bottom. The maintenance fixed it on the third day. On our final day we were moved to another room (cost 50 RM per hour) as our departure was late afternoon and needed a room for our little one. We had requested a late checkout before we even arrived at the hotel but they said they couldn't guarantee a room until on the day of departure. Overall the location is good but the hotel rooms are poor for a 5 star hotel. I would not stay here again.

Visited February 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Everything about this resort was excellent, we stayed for six nights and didn't want to leave. The location would have to be the best in langkawi, it's a short walk to jetty and eagle square, a five minute taxi to shops and restaurants. Our holiday to Malaysia was for 28 days in total and we travelled to 5 different destinations, this was by far our favourite, for us it was even better than staying at marina bay sands in Singapore. The pool was awesome, and the pool lounges were the most comfortable of our whole trip, the material on them never felt hot on your skin. Staff were attentive and friendly, this is one place I would highly recommend and would love to return to. You could easily spend most of your day just relaxing by the pool, the scenery is awesome, the pool is very large (there are 3 in total). Drinks and food is a little pricey but it was like that everywhere we stayed. I would highly recommend this hotel - you will not be disappointed.

Visited August 2013
Canberra, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Heavenly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We both had a pedicure and our feet have never looked so good but not only that you got a neck massage and other things staff were friendly efficient and great hands I also went to have another therapy and still just as good. The place is located on the beach and is quiet and tranquil and just beautiful you have to go even if for just one treatment.

Visited May 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A spa experience I’ll remember for a long time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

During my stay at The Westin Langkawi, I enjoyed a spa session at Heavenly Spa by Westin, a stunning beachfront property with a gorgeous view of the Andaman Sea. The place is spacious and the spa menu offers a range of treatments – Malay, Ayurveda, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Turkish, Swedish and Indonesian.

I opted for the Heavenly Massage, an 80-minute session of signature massage to improve circulation and boost energy levels. The experience started as soon as I stepped into the waiting area. I was warmly greeted by the therapist and ushered to the comfortable sofa seats to fill in my particulars.

My massage room was spacious with graceful décor, soothing water elements and calming spa music. Heavenly Spa uses White Tea products, said to be an elixir of youth due to its antioxidant properties. A warm herbal pouch is applied on my back to release tensions. This felt very good.

Soon after, my therapist massaged and undid the stubborn knots on around my shoulders with my choice of aromatherapy oil. It was a calming and restorative experience. I almost fell asleep but made myself stay awake to enjoy the process.

I walked out of the massage room feeling absolutely relaxed and terribly pampered. If that wasn’t enough, I then proceeded to the outdoor pool area for my Spa by Night. The set up was amazing and I got to watch the sunset while waiting for my personal waiter to bring me my dinner.

On the whole, the entire experience was truly heavenly. From lush amenities and soothing massages to a wholesome dinner, I was spoilt silly.

For more pictures and a full review: http://www.bangsarbabe.com/2013/05/heavenly-spa-by-westin.html

Visited March 2013