“relaxing place!”

Ranked #76 of 152 Speciality Lodging in Langkawi
kuala lumpur
“relaxing place!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

very clean inside room . friendly staff , always smile . rate below rm120 peak season , low season much lower price . near by beach walk only 2 minute to the beach . but poor wi-5 line sometimes. the cafe don't have many food i see .

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ohsuraya

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Economical family accommodation @Langkawi searched and located finally. Rumours Guest House, is very much a friendly and very cost effective, simple accommodation @ Langkawi.Especially, for making your money to yield maximum value and to utilise the savings thus made for even more sight seeing, such an accommodation comes in very handy. The best of Indian food is always available in Tomato Nasikandar, just a stone's throw away, open 24 hours. Remember that the liquor is the most economical in Langkawi as it's both duty free and tax free. So, you get to really enjoying your stay. Family likes it for its simplicity as well. Safe .
2. Such is the hospitality of Mr.Awie Ahmed, the owner , that you really feel like extending your stay by at least a day more!! He is quite knowledgeable and, helpful. You can plan the visits to the various places even better.
3. A trip to Kuah jetty by car is quite fulfilling!!!
4. Remember to hire a car at the airport itself, immediately on landing!! It's the best method of transport especially if you are traveling with family. Drive slowly, carefully.
5. You get excellent breath taking views of the Beach, from quite close to Rumours Guest House.
6. Above all, book through the internet for the accommodation. It's really worthwhile.
Happy Holidaying and, if you like this, please say so, it encourages me to write and be helpful to other families looking for such help
7. As usual, always watch out, your experience may vary, over a period of time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank ramanathan g
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

A nice value hostel with helpful staff. We used it as a base to ride around the island. Near the beach but not sea view. Need to cross a street. Not amazingly clean surrounding but good for the price. No more kitchen in hostel but lots of restaurant around

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Geo009
Borgomanero, Italy
Reviewed 25 February 2014

In my opinion this is a good accomodation for few days.the dorm is clean and very quiet.The price is very cheap and it's perfect for low-budget packpackers!
the boss is very friendly and help us finding taxis and other services!
wifi included

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Roberto C
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights in 2013 while traveling around Malaysia with my cousin.
My flight got delayed and we arrived at midnight around 2 am. The place was difficult to find, took us awhile. We found the place but it seemed closed. We had a number to call and a person came checked us in. The room was nothing fancy nor even average but for the lengthen of time we were staying it was more than enough. The room had a really nice relaxing view but the bed was difficult and the shower had its issues.
In the morning we got an excellent breakfast at the place and the people there were quite friendly.
It is in an excellent location close to all major places you would want to visit in Langkawi.
While I liked the place and would stay there the next time I travel, if I am trying with a group of friends, I would not stay they with the whole family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nasheeth
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Rumours is super friendly and relaxed and there is a laundry service and motorbike rental which is 30 ringgit for 24 hours and the bikes are in good condition. When we arrived the room we were given was not nice and so the next day we told Mamu the guy who runs everything and he changed our room to a better one with air conditioning the same day which was very nice.
The place definitely isn't professional in anyway but that gives it it's laid back feel and I don't think you'll find anywhere cheaper on Langkawi. I would like to give it a higher rating because of how nice the people are there and the lovely relaxed feel it has but the rooms are definitely budget rooms so it brings the rating down, no one cleaned the room the whole timw we were there and there were lots of ants and the room wasn't even very clean when we first got in it. The bed was clean however and our room had nice double doors that opened out onto the nice view round the back of the grassy hillside.
Overall, the room was okay for the price, I just wish that it had been cleaned properly as this would have made it so much better! It's so friendly that I would stay again but just book a nicer room next time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ERayLeary
Adelaide
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I travelled from a KL guest house with some people there - 1 of whom claimed to know the owner of Rumours, and that it was a great place to stay. I have stayed in many many guest houses throughout South East Asia, but if there was a competition for bathrooms with the most stench, or a bed more uncomfortable, or shower drainage non-existent, or broken toilet that does not flush - then this place would win. It's saving graces are that the staff are truly lovely and friendly, and it is in the centre of town (behind a market so no street noise. There is spacious ground around the guest house and I saw some books on a shelf in the common area for people to read, and as I said that staff are terrific, but this place is a serious health risk. One of the young men in the group I was travelling with, could not bring himself to go into the bathrooms at all (I wore flip-flops and hoped for the best, and tried to turn my nose sense off while I washed (cold water only but you don't really need hot water in Malaysian heat). The men's urinals looked like they also didn't flush and hadn't been flushed for some time (the bathrooms were unisex so women also have t put up with the stench of days/weeks/months? mens' urine). There was a sign to please put rubbish in the bins, but there were no bins to be seen in or near the bathrooms so I had to carry my waste paper from the bathroom with me and dispose of it outside the guest house.. There was no toilet paper provided (not a big deal in Asia). I didn't want to use the water sprayers as I was not sure that they had ever been cleaned (and all those hands using them in a toilet situation, so not sure if they work or not). The bed wires could be felt through the thin mattress and I think there may have been half a plank of wood under the mattress to try to counter the thinness of the mattress (or to stop a body from falling through to the ground?), which made it kind of worse. There were 2 portable fans in the room but one of them doesn't rotate which means that only 1 of 7 beds receives moving air from one of the fans in the dorm room.The bedding seemed clean, and keys were provided for the dorm room (the door could probably be forced easily enough if someone wanted to, even though the padlock supplied was strong). No lockers but you can leave your possessions with the staff and they will keep them in the office (not really ideal). I was surprised that staff were willing to take money and allow people to stay here - really. The towel and 'blanket' provided were clean, I am not sure about the sheets - in these conditions, one hopes fore the best and gets out as fast as possible.
I don''t often write reviews, but feel compelled to write this one to warn people about the health hazard in this guest house. To the manage,ent and especially the staff - please take note of what is happening in your guest house and attend to the broken toilets etc - not sure how you don't observe this is happening.

Room Tip: go somewhere else