“For those on tight budget”

Delta Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 159 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed in this motel for 2 nights with group of 30 people. Checked in was fast and they are very kind to allow us to check in early at 12 pm since the room that we booked are ready. We booked various rooms and they charged as low as RM80-RM180 per room that can accomodate 4 people each room. This motel is perfectly placed on the Cenang Beach and we can access the watersports directly in front of our rooms. I can imagine how difficult to maintain their room cleanliness especially the chalet type since it was made from wood but overall it is accetable. Their surroundings is well maintained and i can see some extension is being made next to their restaurant (beach bar i guess). Since the room price is very cheap so i wont complaint much and their breakfast is similar standard with the price we paid. We had chance to have dinner at this motel's restaurant and believed me it really tasteful. We had a nice seafood tomyam with rice and some turmeric fried chicken and it cost only RM30 for 4 of us. I would recommend this motel for those on tight budget however they also have new rooms (new building block) but u need to pay more :)

Room Tip: Choose chalet type that facing the beach. A bit old but cheap!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Delta Motel & Restaurant

Reviewed 14 April 2013

The location is good but the service is not. The staff not friendy, no housekeeping service! We have to change the bed sheet by our selves. The toilet is terribel, smelly and dirty too. Seems like they never clean it up properly!!

But the buffet breakfast is nice. (My parent say so)

The restaurant also open for dinner, we try (my parent insist) and the food is good,I like my kueh teow tomyam very much.

Travel end of March 2013

Room Tip: May be you want to check the toilet first.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This nice property is the last one at the south end of Pantai Cenang, at the rocky headland separating Pantai Cenang from Pantai Tanjung and the beach is very nice and great for swimming. Next door(200 meters?) is the large duty free shopping mall. There is a number of older A frame cabins. and a new building of concrete construction. The lobby/restaurant is more or less in the middle of the property. Our room was in the new wing, and just off the beach. Wifi was free but usually slow, and breakfast was included, buffet style. There was usually an egg dish, but not always, but there was always a couple of local breakfast dishes. Some were kind of gross,and not very warm, but generally it was OK. Our room was big enough, with a big closet/drawers, and room for our big suitcases. We had a fridge in room, and it was full of the very cheap duty free beer from next door's mall. AC worked well, and water pressure and hot water were good. There was aTV, but only 3 non english channels. We had a nice little veranda in front, where happy hour was held daily. Staff here were very friendly, including the owner. Not all the staff however were great at understanding English. They sell some tours and excursions at the front desk. Our room was passably clean, and the bed was good, extra sheets and blanket were no problem. I feel that there is very good value at this property, and given the great location it can't be beat for a budget place. I highly recommend it if you are on beautiful Langkawi on a budget!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel in one of their cabins at the end of February 2013/beginning of March. Just after midnight on my first night I heard someone come on to my porch, move to the window then go to the door. Then a key was inserted into the lock and the door opened. I was up off my bed shouting "Who's there?" and heard "Sorry sir." I got to the door, flung it fully open, and saw a youth striding away. I called "Who are you?" and heard "Sorry sorry" in a Malay or Indian accent. Obviously this was a professional thief.
I reported the incident to reception next morning and asked to speak to the manager. They pretended shock and told me they don't have a manager or owner. "We have a supervisor but he is away today doing something important." I think the room was C02. dfb26@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. If the staff don't investigate attempted burglaries then they must be common.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank frankb659
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Delta is a great place to stay right on the beach. You wont find a lot of the accommodation on web sites like booking .com. The rooms are clean with a en suite with hot water and a fridge and free wifi the owner is helpful The Motel is far from the loud speakers which send out gods message twice a day. Nice restaurants close by and the duty free shop is at the end of the lane way handy for a cold beer at the end of the day

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 have the best views for a family
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This hotel was one of the few that had vacancies in Pantai Cenang during our visit. Virtually every other hotel in the area was full as it was Chinese New Year, so it's highly advisable to book well ahead if you plan on staying around Pantai Cenang during Chinese New Year.
Contrary to some of the other reviews here, we found the hotel to be acceptably clean with all the room amenities functional.
The free Wifi only allows one connection and you need to get a new login & password each day. Minus points for that!
We didn't sample the breakfast but we ate at the restaurant twice and the food was very good for the price.
In terms of location it was fantastic, literally out of your room and onto the beach. Nearby was The Cliff restaurant & Underwater World. Within 5 minutes walk was a mall with had McD's, StarBucks, a pharmacy, bank etc.
In conclusion, I would stay here again but only as alternative option.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We stayed in a deluxe room, a12. Very close to the sea.
The cleaning could be better. There were no bedbugs, and quiet at night besides the sounds from the sea.
The breakfast was changing everyday and also the quality of it.
We had our own private balcony with direct sea view access.
The restaurant was not expensive and like everywhere else you get what you pay for.
If you are looking for luxury this is not the place, but there is a very down to earth mentality at this motel. It's very very close to the sea and for the price you pay it is very good value for money.
The bathroom was fair, we had a little brown, but only for the first day. The toilet worked like it should.

Room Tip: Pick a room close to the sea on the upper floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple