“most fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“most fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The husband and I are novices and ride whenever we are on holidays. We been to riding facilities - australia, cuba, bali, phuket, malaysia and only choose to go to facilities which take care of their horses (I check from reviews online - cos' i would be so terribly distraught if the horses were not well taken care of). And some places are hit and miss - either the horses were not very enthusiastic about walking or the trail was boring and there was no stretches for long canters.

Island Horses? One of the most fantastic riding facility I have ever been!

1. The Horses we were assigned were great! They respond to you, and canter when you get them to! They were also very even-tempered and steady. Truly, one of the best horses I ever had the privilege to ride on!

2. The beach trail (2 hours) is FANTASTIC! First you go through a bit of forest area, then a bit on the road before finally reaching the beach. It's a long stretch of beach and our guide did several rounds of cantering with us! We also walked to a lighthouse with a beautiful bay area where the horses rested for a bit and someone came with bottles of water for us. We also walked through the carpark of Oriental Village (it was v v quiet and almost no one around) and then to a big open field for more cantering!

3. The guide! Our guide Saifu was fantastic! He gave v v simple tips, but it definitely helped us improve our riding! He noticed what we were doing, and told us what we could do to improve. and for the first time, I was comfortable cantering without holding on to the saddle! We had questions and he shared to the best he could! i.e. when we asked how to properly canter, he told us to sit in the saddle, and demonstrated how to move with the horses' gait...and we got it!

The husband and I LOVED the whole experience. The only sad part was that we had another ride scheduled, but it downpoured and we had to cancel!

It's more expensive than the other places we been to, but for the quality of the horses, rides and guide - it was worth it! We may plan a trip back to Langkawi just to go back to Island Horses! and maybe take some lessons too!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Charmaine T

• Arabic first
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A truly amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is such an amazing experience. My 12 year old son is quite new to horse riding but my 14 year old has a bit more experience. The stables are immaculate and staff very helpful and kind. The boys went off through the rain forest and down onto the beautiful Burau beach. There was plenty of wild life to enjoy on the ride and at no stage were they nervous.
My husband and I were really impressed with the whole setup. If you are a horse lover or novice wanting to give it ago then you must go and visit them.

Visited April 2014
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Best experience in Langkawi!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Unfortunately I had only three days in Langkawi,
but I was determined to make the best out of it,
especially because one of them was my birthday.
However I was looking through the Internet for a horseback riding opportunity in Langkawi,
and well, I found the best!
As a professional horseback rider since almost 12 years in Germany and since I had my own arabian horses as well, I know when the horses are in a good shape just by glancing at them.
The 'Island Horses Farm' in Langkawi definitely know how to treat their horses the best,
especially the owner Mr. Hanssens and his daughter are knowledgeable, unbelievable friendly - as all of their staff - and last but not least they tried everything in order to meet my expectations.
And they did a fantastic job at that!
The most impressive for me, was that their horses are so well-trained.
Even in full canter I didn't need to tighten strings once!

All in all this was my perfect birthday gift for myself.
I will definitely come back to 'Island Horses', don't know yet when that will be,
but I will visit this amazing farm for sure again.

All the best to you,
you do an incedible job with lots of love

Jara

Visited April 2014
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ride to remember....!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

My experience was the best ride EVER!! It was the highlight of my visit to Langkawi and for this reason, I will come back. Well kept stable, all the horses were in tip top shape and well cared for. The trail guide (youth endurance chapion) led me through some awesome trails, clean beach, dense jungle and up the mountain and back down...My ride Mr. P was such a great horse I still rave about him here... I became a huge fan of the breed and if I could - I would take any of their well breed horses back to LA.
I wish I could have spent more saddle time and more time in the stables with all the beautiful horses...

Visited December 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Absolutely brilliant experience! A gorgeous ride through the jungle and along pristene empty white beaches. Horses very well cared for and great facilities, this place is raising internationally successful endurance horses - do take a walk around and see the beautiful arabs! I rode a criollo mare called Maggie and she was absolutely perfect - responsive and not at all naughty, but forward and keen for a canter - for which there were many opportunities! Thank you to all there for a lovely ride - I'll be back for more soon!

Visited November 2013