“Average place, but with a tiger!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Bolaven Cafes Langkawi
Price range: US$0 - US$2
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Elephant Cafe Langkawi is a specialty coffee outlet based at the Oriental Village, in the foothills of Langkawi Geopark's Mount Machincang. Elephant Cafe serves specialty coffee from the Bolaven Plateau in Laos and also from Spain. On exhibit at the Elephant Cafe is a family of Raccoons that moved in soon after the resident tiger at the Oriental Village was relocated to a new and unique enclosure nearby. Formerly traded as Bolaven Cafes Langkawi.
London, United Kingdom
“Average place, but with a tiger!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Came here after hearing about the tiger. It is impressive. Just behind the glass as you drink there is an actual Malaysian tiger wandering around. You get a great view... 10RM to take photos... and no video allowed; odd.

Anyway, can't say much about the coffee; the machine was broken when we visited. As for the coke, yeah it was good. The best tables are reserved for some tour or something so when I went those tables were empty.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Great coffee and "entertainment" @ Bolaven Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had read that it serves the best coffee in Langkawi. No doubt about it. Great flavour and the cafe compliments the relaxing nature of our holiday in Langkawi. Even before we ordered our coffee, we spotted Zanah, the beautiful resident tiger, at the rear end of her enclosure. What a surprise! After a while, she walked closer and started walking in circles. We felt as though we had overstayed our welcome as my daughter patiently waited for Zanah to come closer to the window.

Bolaven sure is a must visit and RE-visit :)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank LYNN8008
Singapore
“Keep it up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Dear owner,
As I walked into your cafe, I was a bit skeptical about your objective, cafe and the tiger. However, after I was being seated, the cafe's owner, Serene explained about the establishment of the gallery then the cafe, I'm very impressed with the overall work.
The gallery was opened in 2010, self-funded. And in 2011, the cafe as opened. I was also told part of the profit from the cafe goes back to the maintenance of the tiger, zanah. She is well-kept, fed and most importantly, these people work for passion.
Keep it up! RM10 photo contribute goes back to the tiger.
And yes, good CUPPA! with wifi and excellent TIRAMISU!
Bravo.

• Visited June 2013
Perth, Australia
“A little treasure!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

A little treasure to try is the Bolaven Cafe/ coffee shop. Air con & nice setting with a view of a Tiger enclosure! I thought the food was nice, despite some of the other reviews. The staff gave an informative talk about the Tiger& it's conservation etc. what a lovely place to end the trip!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank lyndaholgate
Melbourne, Australia
“Best coffee in Langkawi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I had read that it was the best coffee in Langkawi and I was not disappointed. The selection of food was limited but we were still able to order something. They were out of fries that day which surprised me. The cleanliness of the cafe was good. If you are going to the Oriental Village it is a must stop.

Visited January 2013