“Nice budget hotel”

favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi
Ranked #28 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 16 August 2012

The hotel is quite new, with basic facilities including LCD TV, bed, shower, etc. But no fridge or water boiler is provided in the room. Guests can get hot and cool water in the corridor. There is a swimming pool. Breakfast is average. The location is acceptable, about 6 mins' to the beach. There are several restaurants nearby. But if you want to go to prosperous street in Cenang, it takes 25 mins to walk there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jasonlizj

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Fave hotel is a very new hotel and the location is quite good, about 15 minutes drive from Langkawi airport and walking distance to pantai Cenang.It is very convenient to get food.The staff is quite helpful. Hotel room is clean, bathroom amenities are not provided except for toothbrush. They provide few channels for TV but it's ok. Limited choices for breakfast but its good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank estherbu
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My fiancé did quite a thorough research on all the hotels before we finally booked for Fave Hotel. I'm quite a fussy person when it comes to hotel cleanliness and I must say that Fave was quite above my expectation.
The room was spacious and had a good smell when we entered the room. Although the room lacked in a fridge, overall it was clean and has all the basic necessity we needed. For the price that we paid, we won't assume that we will be getting 5 star room service but all the staff were friendly and can communicate fluently in English.
The location of the hotel was very strategic, with just few minutes walk away from all the shops and cafe. The pool was not magnificently big but the size was good enough to cater to the guests with a nice lush green mountain view. The only not-so-good thing that I can think of this hotel was that the rooms were not too soundproof.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay. Hope they can maintain the cleanliness and service after few years.

Room Tip: No fridge so best to bring your own cooler to chill your beers
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cyee_ooi
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Just got back from Langkawi - my first two night was spent at Fave Hotel.

Got a nice comfortable, clean room with enough space for 2 person. Bedsheets are very clean, and my first impression when got into the room for the first time was - WOW. The room gave out a nice orkid aroma, and it stayed that way for the 2 days that we stayed at the hotel.

Toilet is clean - but very basic though. You won't find toiletries, but there's a soap+shampoo solution with orkid aroma again. Towels got some minor stain, but overall very clean. Toilet bowl also quite clean.

One good thing about Fave hotel is the location. It's located at Pantai Cenang, and you can walk down to the nearby shops/restaurants. The aquarium is very near, alot of duty-free shops nearby, and you should try 'The Cliff' too, excellent restaurant serving delicious steak and lamb.

For the price that I paid - RM170 per night, I think it's worth it. It's quite basic though, but it lived up to my cleanliness standards, which is the most important.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WooKualaLumpur
Reviewed 17 July 2012

As others have mentioned, Fave is one of Pantai Cenang's newer hotels, having opened just several months ago. As such, the hotel still has that new, clean look and feel to it. The hotel is located at the west end of Pantai Cenang, right beside the Aseania Hotel, so it is off the busy main drag but still close enough to walk to restaurants, shops, and the beach. My wife and I initially went to the hotel's website to book, looking for one room for 3 nights. We managed to find a Superior room for 2 nights (Saturday and Sunday) at RM163 per night after online discount, but could only find rooms at the standard RM300+ per night rate for our Friday night arrival. We were not prepared to pay that kind of price for a room, so we left things for a week or so, then came back to the site and found and booked a Superior room for the Friday night at the same RM163 per night that we had gotten for our first booking. Both bookings were confirmed by the hotel's head office in Indonesia (Fave is part of the Aston group of hotels). The rate for both bookings was nett and included breakfast for 2. Check in was processed efficiently by friendly staff and we were given room 225 on the pool side of the hotel. Our room was large, clean, and modern. The bed was firm, but the pillow was too soft: if you are a side sleeper then you will need to call down for an extra pillow. As the halls are tiled rather than carpeted, you can hear everything that goes on in the hallway. If you are a light sleeper then you are guaranteed to be woken up at 7am from loud guests and their children making their way to the elevators. Worse, if you are in a poolside room, then you get noise wafting up from the pool from 8am onwards. My wife and I did not take advantage of the buffet breakfast but passed through the dining area one morning and noted that the buffet was a standard Malaysian buffet setup with few choices for Western diets. If you can put up with early morning noise from the hallway and pool area - the only negative that we we encountered during our stay - Fave offers excellent value for money at the RM163 rate that we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area to avoid been woken up by early morning pool users.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank djones1964
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We two friends stay recently in June 2012 Fave Hotel for one night. Breakfast was quite Okay, although you can't compare with similar hotels in Thailand. Rooms are spacious, quite neat and clean and hotel staff are quite helpful.
WIFI in the room is OKay as i can access the mails quickly.
Considering the room tariff, Fave Hotel is a place to stay when you are in Langkawi

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kh Krishnan S
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The staff seems doesn't understand or they are too new to run the hotel operation.
I booked two rooms two months ago and to confirm they could offer adjoining or at least rooms next to others. They never reply my mails until I seek help from agoda where I booked my rooms. The room price is reasonable as most of the hotel in LANGKAWI is extremely worn out for interior and over pricing.

Upon check in, I asked for connecting room again they replied there is none in this hotel. When I went into one of our room, I found connecting door. They fooled us! It took a long time for the check in process I believed Malaysian worked in this kind of relaxing style. I had to call several times for hair dryer and extra towels.

Breakfast buffet is horrible, none of the food I could take. May just the break and orange juice.
Swimming pool is okay and hotel location is great where it is near the food street.

Free parking

Extremely noisy, recommended to stay away the elevator and on the pool side. The walls between rooms are super thin.I was waken up quite a few times in the morning when kids running around outside the corridor, or people playing around the pool.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator, choose the pool side to avoid noisy room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends