“Was ok but probably wouldn't stay again”

favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi
Ranked #24 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Seems we suffered the same fate as others on arrival - wrong room! Had booked double on pool face, got twin on the road. We put up with it for one night on the promise of a move the next day which thankfully did happen. Hotel is a good walk from the main strip of shops and restaurants so be prepared especially in the wet season - or take taxis.

The hotel was packed during our stay which made it very noisy. They also cater for meetings and one didn't finish till gone midnight so cackling ladies in the corridor got short change!

Breakfast is ok but there are so many gannets around that the food soon needed replenishing - some people should stay at home! How stupid putting cheese on your bread then putting it in the toaster - screwed up the machine for us all. Anyway, I digress. It sufficed.

Highlight of the stay was the 3 hour "happy hour" with full strength cocktails for 8 RM and a nice selection of tapas for 4RM. So nice that twice we didn't need dinner.

Room Tip: Insist on pool side as the road side gets the full afternoon sun and takes some cooling down
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear DcdpPerth,

Greetings from Fave Hotel

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Langkawi. We are glad to have had you with us.

I would like to personally apologize to you for the shortcomings that you have had during your stay. For the bed configurations and views, we are sorry to inform that all special requests are upon availability during check-in. However, we do try our very best to accommodate all requests and I am glad to hear that you have had your requested room the next day.

Thank you for your time on writing us this review and I hope that it had not affected your overall stay with us and you could consider staying with us again in near future. If you would like to, you can drop me an email at langkawigm@favehotels.com so we can discuss further. Hope to hear from you again.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I got nothing much to say bout this hotel but satisfaction.

Why?

Great clean room + wash room + airconditioner + pool + breakfast + location + price

On top of that staff were friendly and again I extend my appreciation to the General Manager Pak Dian who helped me with my booking amendment and personally looked into our welfare. Also not to forget, Chef Yahya who did a great job serving good variety of food for breakfast.

For us, the unavailability of the mini ref in the room was substituted by the very cooling airconditioner which had kept our drinks fresh and cold.

Not like the hotel next door, the ASEANIA RESORT which was DIRTY and SMELLY, with THEIR NONSENSE regulations for their pool and lousy breakfast and wifi service. Rated 3 star and charged RM300+++/night for a place similar to building's backyard!!!

Also, for a room of about RM350+++ at RESORTS WORLD (Starcruise docked), you dont get FREE WIFI!!! But the room and the breakfast was great though.

You guys may wanna lighten up the place again by bringing in live band but probably limit the show up till 11pm only. That will surely improved the lively part of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank puratripleseven
Reviewed 25 September 2013

To start with the fact that the hotel has only replied to the good reviews on here sums it up pretty well. We arrived with our heavy bags, the reception staff stood there smirking at us struggling to carry our bags in. Thank you for the help!! We got put in a small twin room and I booked a superior double. I went and ask the reception why we weren't put in a room I booked and they replied that they are full. I said you should not have accepted my booking if you can't give me a room I asked for. At this a young man came over to join the conversation told me to push the beds together(the beds are unable to be pushed together as there's a wooden shelf on the wall) neither of the reception staff were apologetic in any way. As I walked off I heard him slam his pen down on the counter. Awful customer service, I've never been spoken to like that before in a hotel. Hardly a cheap price either the room is a box! On the plus side the pool is lovely and in a very good location to cenang beach and restaurants etc. breakfast is not good. Such a shame as it is a nice little hotel. Am currently staying here at the moment is this could be awkward ha!

Room Tip: Be very specific when u book a room
1  Thank Lauren D
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Ms. Lauren,

First of all thank you for staying with us and on your feedback.

I believe my Front Office manager had met up with you regarding to this and explained on the misunderstanding, but I would also like to apologize to you on my behalf for the unpleasant experience you have had.

Since April this year, we actually do reply on all reviews, whether good or bad as I firmly believe that feedbacks and reviews are important on helping us to improve better.
As explained by my front office manager, we definitely would not have smirked or slammed the pen on our guests. One of the receptionists had accidentally dropped the phone receiver down, causing the misunderstanding between us.

I hope you had enjoyed the rest of your stay, and please do contact me at langkawigm@favehotels.com should you be planning on a next visit so I can make your next stay a better one.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The price is not consider cheap but the room is small.
The Aircond is hot like we being in sauna. No mini bar is quite inconvenient in the heaven of alcohol. I was keep scolded by my wife after travel so far from town to stay at this hotel. Really disappointed and spoiled my holiday mood.

2  Thank Xj A

Dear Xj A,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us.

We truly apologize that you find our hotel not up to your expectations and hope that we could have done more for your stay.

As we are a budget boutique hotel we do not provide mini bars in our rooms. However, if you need to cool your items, you can easily inform our reception and we could store it for you in our freezer. For the rooms, actually our air-conditioner is not centralized and it is only turned on when you slot in the room cards, so it takes some time for cooling, especially during this time of the year. Me and my team have already looked into the matter and we are finding a way to reduce the heat in the room.

Meanwhile, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused to you. I truly do apologize for that. We will definitely try to improve better in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I booked this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights. Overall i got nothing to complain about the staffs and their service. My only dissappointment was, such a prestigious hotel, how do you allow foreign labours to stay- worst part, it was a whole bunch of group! Seriously it brings down the total image of this hotel..!!! I had restless nights in this hotel, the entire place was extremely noisy and their pool was fully surrounded by these people...!!! This is going to be my first n last trip to this hotel...!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Ms. Thasvin,

First of all I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of my team and I on the inconveniences that you have had while staying with us. I truly apologize on the discomfort that you felt towards the group. I believe my Front Office Manager had met up and discussed on the issue with you and I hope that you accept our apologies on the matter.

As she had discussed with you, kindly drop us an email on your next visit so we can make your next stay simply a better one.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Near to the beach
A mini mart opposite
Plenty of taxi's
Clean room
Big tv
Nice pool
Love the lil cabanas
Fast check in and out

Cons:
Pool could be bigger? And deeper?
Tv channels blurry
Super slow room service even after I've called the front desk twice to clean up the room
Breakfast could be better - why only sausages for all 3 days. You can't cook other types of meat? At least Chicken?
No free shuttle to and from the airport
Lastly avoid the Malay restaurant next to the hotel - overpriced seafood! Not fresh and I had diarrhea the next day.

After staying 3 times in this hotel for the past 2 years I'm hopping the management will improve :)

Your loyal customer.

Dear Trav3ljunkie,

Warmest greetings from Fave Hotel Langkawi!

It is always our pleasure to hear from you. Thank you for your comments, we appreciate and are happy to know that you are choosing us as your preferred hotel in Langkawi. It is our utmost pleasure to have you with us. Many thanks for your support to us!

Most of all thank you for your kind suggestions and pointing out to us areas that need improvement. I have noted those down and will be sure to look into it. Do drop me an email at langkawigm@favehotels.com so we can discuss further on your next return. I and my team are more than delighted to welcome you back with us.

...and until then Terima Kasih for your kind support to us. Cheers!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 1-4 September. very good quality hotel. A little bit far from beach (10 min walk) and hotspot (between cenang mall and under water world). Electronic room safe is available. Rood side rooms become hot during daytime.

- breakfast is ok but no boiled egg available.
-water comes out from shower slowly.

I recommend this hotel for fun.

4  Thank MijanurRahman
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear MijanurRahman,

Many thanks for the review on our hotel!

We are delighted to know that you are pleased with your stay with us and thank you for choosing Fave hotel as your preferred hotel while visiting the island.

Thank you for your kind words and for your time on sharing your experience with other readers. We truly value your feedbacks and I assure you I am looking into the matter for better improvement in the future.

Please do drop by and stay with us again should you visit Langkawi next time. It was a pleasure to have you here.

Cheers!